Riding in the Peterborough Area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Riding in the Peterborough Area

I'm looking for some riding areas near Peterborough area. My girlfriend has a cottage on Blemont Lake (about an 1/2 hr north of Peterborough), and would like to find some good trails up in the area.

I've heard Ganaraska Forest has a good trail system and I plan on trying it either on the way to or back from, but that is still a good hour away from Belmont Lake.

Is there anything else in the area worth checking into.

LBS Manager
    I grew up in Peterborough but haven't ridden there in years. I remeber some good trails in the Buckhorn area (north of Peterborough). Unfortunatly I cant remeber Exactly where they were. If I were you I would call Cynthia at Cyclpath peterborough and tell her John from Barrie sent you to get the scoop on local trails.

Feb 2004
    Ganaraska is a good place to ride.

Apparently there is a new MTB center being developed on hwy 28 between Peterborough and Lakefield. I don't know when it is supposed to be completed though.

mtbr member
    The MTB place that was being developed got canned due to land restrictions. The Ganaraska is about the only place for a descent MTB ride. You can talk to the guys @ Wildrock. The easiest would be to go to the Forest Center and get a map. East forest has some nice trails but can be hard to find, Central forest is a bit easier to get around.

Good Luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0