Riding in Mt Tremblant

Printable View

• 08-07-2011
    chupster
    Riding in Mt Tremblant
    I'll be spending a week in Mt Tremblant with the family, should I take the Mountain bike or the Road bike?

I'll rather take the mountain bike if I don't have to drive far....

Your suggestions are welcomed
  • 08-07-2011
    rockyuphill
    Club vélo Mont Tremblant

check out your options you could do either
  • 08-07-2011
    ptcutch
    We have vacationed numerous times at Tremblant and I found my road and cross bikes to be the weapons of choice. The activity center at the base of the mountain has a pamphlet with mapped 30-140 K rides which are all well marked. The ride from Tremblant out through the old village and then north through Labelle and Conception is a nice out and back. Have fun.
  • 08-07-2011
    garage monster
    If at all possible, I'd bring both! :)
  • 08-07-2011
    Biobanker
    I only bring my road bike when I go there (my parents live there). There is terrific road riding - PM me if you want to know rides.

There used to be awesome MTBing there before all the golf courses went in, but I understand that there has been a fair number of trails built since I spent a lot of time in the woods there. If you can bring both bikes - I will tell you where the trail builders work ;) Im sure they'll take you out. I was there last week and they said the riding is again awesome.
  • 08-07-2011
    Scott_85
    Bring your MTB!
    I just got back from a great ride over there today; I don't know what the trails were like a few years ago, but they're pretty great right now. Some pretty crazy climbs, but you get rewarded with some very nice descents. The "Diable", "Deer Mountain" and "Gorge" trails were particularly good. The only complaint I have I guess is that there aren't too many flat sections to give you a bit of a break: you're either sweating through a big climb or flying downhill, though that's not too much to complain about. Anyways, I'd suggest checking it out; I'll be back soon to try the trails I haven't explored today.
  • 08-11-2011
    chupster
    Thanks for the info !! Based on the updates ...the MTB wins!!

rockyuphill & Scott_85 : are you local riders ? I've printed the maps from velo Mont-tremblant and it looks like there's enough ridding for 5 days, which is great ! Do you think this is the case ? I'm planing for 1.5 to 2 hrs rides each day.

Is there a local group that I can contact to show me around ? I have 2000km base this year on the road bike, that should be enough to survive for the week .

Thanks again,
  • 08-11-2011
    garage monster
    I believe you're technically supposed to buy a trail pass ($10, I think) if you're not a club member. Should be pretty easy to grab one in the Village. The trails are super-fun but be ready for old-school roots 'n rocks. :thumbsup:
  • 08-23-2011
    Slinky750
    Im headed up there this weekend, anyone have anymore advice on where to mountain bike...we could bring the road bikes but after a weekend of riding Kingdom Trails i'm still jonsening for some more mountain biking!!
  • 08-28-2011
    chupster
    The naswer is http://www.velomonttremblant.com/
    Following the suggestions earlier on this thread, I checked Club vélo Mont Tremblant
    did a bit of exploring on my own (ie: 2hrs ride ,each day ,for 3 days ), joined the club ride on wednesday (at cybercycle), got schooled by the expert group (4 local guys + me...) took a rest day, and biked some more on Friday & Saturday.

Overall, one of the best family holidays in recent years !!!

The riding was great, can't wait to go back next year!!!
  • 08-19-2015
    MTBgoBLUE
    Bump. Heading to Tremblant next week. Did some riding there once before but still don't think I have a good sense of where the good trails are. Any input? Anybody know of a beginner/intermediate group ride? Thanks!
  • 06-16-2016
    jdinsj
    Giving this another bump. Heading there with my wife who's doing the IM70.3. Arriving late Thurs, 6/23 and leaving Mon, 6/27. Looking to get out Fri and Sat. Bringing mtb, but which one, 29HT or 29FS?
  • 06-16-2016
    Gravityaholic
    Both will be ok but i'd bring the FS If I were you. Plenty of singletracks to enjoy from easy to very hard. There's even a Freeride trail called "Envoye en bas", that trail was built by teams of trail builders competing for the best segment during the Redbull Trailcrew trail building event.

https://youtu.be/S6FepTtZHdg

It probably looks very tame to many of you but it's fun.
  • 06-16-2016
    jdinsj
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm a XC rider/racer but not afraid of the techy stuff. Will probably bring the FS.
  • 06-16-2016
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravityaholic View Post
    Both will be ok but i'd bring the FS If I were you. Plenty of singletracks to enjoy from easy to very hard. There's even a Freeride trail called "Envoye en bas", that trail was built by teams of trail builders competing for the best segment during the Redbull Trailcrew trail building event.

https://youtu.be/S6FepTtZHdg

It probably looks very tame to many of you but it's fun.

Thanks for sharing the vid Gravityaholic

Nice drops! We never rode Tremblant but have been to Mont Ste Anne many times.. mainly for DH but also some enduro. I love the landscape and trails.

This looks fun.

Enjoy your trip jdinsj!
  • 06-17-2016
    Gravityaholic
    Just to make things clear, the video is not mine. Its just a random clip I found on Youtube and I thought it would be useful for jdinsj.
  • 07-06-2016
    jdinsj
    Following up with a ride report. Got to ride 3 days while in Mont Tremblant. Got a map from the bike rental shop at the resort. Trails were well marked and easy to follow. Nice mix of ST linked together throughout with some DT and paved bike paths. Saw at least 3 trails under construction. Trail wise, very similar to what I'm used to riding locally. Rooty, rocky and flowy.