Riding in Collingwood- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Riding in Collingwood

I'm hitting collingwood with the wife this weekend and I'm looking for both "gentle/scenic" trail recommendations as well as beginner/inter singletrack.

I've heard of 3-stage and seen recommendations about how to find it...anyone know what condition it's in (or should be in come Saturday if we get minimal rain this week). Also, are there maps anywhere for 3-stage?

Thanks!

banned
    Mar 2005
    did collingwood last weekend and would not recommend 3-stage as a "gentle" trail... there were still 2 patches of snow but the they should be gone and the trails should be dry. Kolapore was great but some of the trails are tough...rocks, roots, fallen trees, oh my!

Probably the best bet is loree forest at the top of georgian peaks, first part is open fields with great scenery, second part is forest with a little more challenge.

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    There's a shop in Collingwood called Squire John's that sells a pretty good Three Stage trail map.

I tend to agree with JM01 that Three Stage and Kolapore are probably a bit sketchy for beginners.....In fact, Kolapore has been known to swallow unscrupulous lawyers in a single bite!

Beware!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Theres a place called Loree forest that I assume would be in pretty good shape.Its also a fairly easy decnt trail, loop for beginners.
    It comes outon top of georgianpeaks ski club at one point and does connect to the Bruce trail.

To get there look in the Ontario book of trails and it has pretty good directions.

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucker Factor
    .....In fact, Kolapore has been known to swallow unscrupulous lawyers in a single bite!
    He can be swallowed just about everywhere

banned
    Mar 2005
    just confirmed with our crew that we'll be at Kolapore and maybe 3 Stage (if not too wet) this saturday...then maybe some trails at the beach before the may 2-4 weekend crowd makes a mess of traffic

see you there

will keep an eye out for stupid lawyers

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Thanks for the feedback. Current forest doens't look promising, but I may check out Loree/Georgian Peeks if it's dry and will stop in Squire Johns for info!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    if you guys see a lawyer on the trail, shoot first , ask questions later. There should be a sign that says "Lawyers are not allowed on trails, conditions are extremely dangerous for morons"

Warp speed, Mr. Sulu!
    I'd love it if someone came out with decals that had a picture of the d!ckhead lawyer on them, and a caption on it like, "Wanted, Dead or Alive", or something like that.

You could sell them at all the bike shops, and the proceeds could go towards the Kolapore Trail Association.

I'm probably going to be sued for defamation, or some crap like that now!

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucker Factor
    I'm probably going to be sued for defamation, or some crap like that now!
    While he can sue for his own stupidity, you certainly are putting yourself at risk.