Ride guide TV- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ride guide TV

Apr 2004

Idea! Ride guide TV

just for your information. On the X-treme Sports TV channel there is a plenty Mountain Bikeing stuff to watch. I am not advertising the channel but if someone has access to it via satellite of cable I strongly recommend. Why? Canadain and US trail guides, Canadian, us and intrenational MTB event reports,interviews with top guys in this sport. And I think very usefull info about, how to maintenance your bike, and technical riding stuff. Does any one seen Ride Guide TV on X-treme Sports channel? If yes what do you think? I watch is in the morning before I go to work around 7:00am -7:30am, They have Ride Guide around 11:00pm too. This morning they showed Hardwood Hills, I think they made the video last year but still fresh info for those interested.

Jack

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jacek
    just for your information. On the X-treme Sports TV channel there is a plenty Mountain Bikeing stuff to watch. I am not advertising the channel but if someone has access to it via satellite of cable I strongly recommend. Why? Canadain and US trail guides, Canadian, us and intrenational MTB event reports,interviews with top guys in this sport. And I think very usefull info about, how to maintenance your bike, and technical riding stuff. Does any one seen Ride Guide TV on X-treme Sports channel? If yes what do you think? I watch is in the morning before I go to work around 7:00am -7:30am, They have Ride Guide around 11:00pm too. This morning they showed Hardwood Hills, I think they made the video last year but still fresh info for those interested.

Jack
    Hey man, I watched the same episode! It was pretty good and made me want to get up to Hardwood again
    A few of the episodes are like 4 years old but its still cool that there is a sweet mountain biking show to watch.

There is also dropin on around 2:00pm on the same channel if your into the freeride/trials scene.

Apr 2004

Good job! Drop-in

Quote Originally Posted by RatchAttack
    Hey man, I watched the same episode! It was pretty good and made me want to get up to Hardwood again
    A few of the episodes are like 4 years old but its still cool that there is a sweet mountain biking show to watch.

There is also dropin on around 2:00pm on the same channel if your into the freeride/trials scene.
    Yeah, I did watch that several times.At first I thought it is a snowboarding but then I seen guys on mountain bikes at the skate park , that was awesome to watch what they can do there. Then I see same guys on TV on trails on top of the line Norco bikes on downhills and jumps everywhere like it was nothing. They were like 14-16 year old too!!

cool stuff to watch

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

thanks...

I already have one of those digital bundles with Rogers so I just called and got this channel swapped with one I never watch. I looked at the programming guide and wasn't sure when the MB shows are though....if you have more info about when bike shows are please post here, otherwise no worries, I'll find them in time.

Thanks for the tip, and for posting it!

Apr 2004

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    I already have one of those digital bundles with Rogers so I just called and got this channel swapped with one I never watch. I looked at the programming guide and wasn't sure when the MB shows are though....if you have more info about when bike shows are please post here, otherwise no worries, I'll find them in time.

Thanks for the tip, and for posting it!

here it is:
    Ride Guide TV
    Series/Special
    Channel: XTRME - 396
    Bell Express Vu

Showing at other times:
    11:00 PM EST Jun 23 XTRME
    11:30 PM EST Jun 23 XTRME
    01:00 AM EST Jun 24 XTRME
    01:30 AM EST Jun 24 XTRME
    07:00 AM EST Jun 24 XTRME
    07:30 AM EST Jun 24 XTRME
    11:00 AM EST Jun 24 XTRME

this show is going on everyday at these times. I;m sure you will find it very interesting.
    this is just Mountain bikeing show there are all others for in-line skating,skateboarding,snowboarding and all the rest extreme sports.

I think on Saturday on Sunday nights like 11:00pm they show 5 day adventure races such eco-challenge or mild seven.You have there up to 14 x-treme sports in one of course including mountain bikeing .
    Jack

Mar 2004

Good job! Drop In & Pink Bike

I don't have satellite, but I have seen the show on the Outdoor Network from time to time.. Unfortunately it's not on a regular rotation so I' never know when it's going to be on, I just have to come across it.. It's a good show though, I really like it when I see it..

As for DropIn.. Yeah.. those guys are so talented..!! They just finished their second season, and are hoping for a third... (funding is a little tight) I have both seasons on DVD and they totally kick a$$..!! If you ask me, these DVD's are totally worth it.. over 7 hrs of footage, for the same (maybe a little more expensive) price as a 40min mountain biking video... I think they are going to start to show re-runs on Sports Net..

Another website www.pinkbike.com has alot of great alternative rinding stuff... (FR, DH, Trials, Dirt Jumping ect...) and is also the place to hook up with the Drop In crew and info. The best thing about Drop In is that they travel all over BC and Alberta and ride their butts off..!! These guys are seriously amazing riders...

ehem... oops, so I take it you've guessed by now that I'm a Drop In fan

ok enough from me.. lol

b_r