Raid Outback (Lachute Quebec)- Mtbr.com
    Buzzrider

Idea! Raid Outback (Lachute Quebec)

A message from Charles Fields, organizer of the Raid Outback

LE RAID OUTBACK is back for its FIFTH year! What some have called the best Raid course in Quebec returns to Domaine Nouvelle France in Wentworth-Nord, Quebec Saturday,September 10, 2005. Volunteers are already lined up and since the event is not sanctioned by the FQSC, no license is required. Money in your pocket and don't worry, the race is fully insured and you won't have to put up with federation officials with attitude. Back to the grass roots when mountain bike racing was FUN! The format will stay the same, 74 km, 30 km, and a criterium for kids. Fifteen year olds will be able to do either the 30 km or the 74 km race. Of course there will be a post race scoff and were hoping to line up some entertainment for Saturday night. More details and registration soon at www.veloraid.com.

Can you help out? We can never have too many volunteers. Contact Charles Fields at [email protected]

May 2004
    I'd like to echo the great sentiments about this race... I did it last year (my first long distance race), and the volunteers were fantastic (and totally bilingual), the course was well-marked and challenging (at least, the 74k was, I heard conflicting stories about the 30k!), and all in all it was great. I'll be out again this year!