Race Face Like a Pheonix- Mtbr.com
    Team NFI
    Mar 2007

Race Face Like a Pheonix

Evil Jr.
    I wonder if there's Easton money behind this deal? Maybe I'm reading too much into the press release but it's sort of how it looks to me.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

sock puppet
    yeah, it is hard to digest that easton-bell would release Chris but keep him as a contractor while he is heading a competition company...

it may be a possible scenario for sure...

mtbr member
    Still, with a retarded amount of my money dumped into RF parts, this is probably the best news I've heard today.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

sock puppet

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    I wonder if there's Easton money behind this deal? Maybe I'm reading too much into the press release but it's sort of how it looks to me.
    Yep. It doesn't say that Chris Tutton was the purchaser, only that Chris is the new top dog. Purchase by Bell/Easton, then appointment by Bell/Easton of Chris as the managing director seems to be what the release is saying.

Technicalities aside, it sounds like good news.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I read it as Chris Tutton bought it, but that Bell/Easton may be underwriting some of the money, with the agreement that the companies will become strategic partners.

And Chris Tutton is going to have a foot in both camps.

That's an interesting development (aside from RaceFace being saved and staying Canadian) Both companies have different approaches to carbon fibre manufacturing. Easton may want access to some of RaceFace's technology, and one assumes that the flow of knowledge will go both ways.

Does RaceFace hold a lot of patents?

DG

mtbr member
    I don't see how easton - bell sports has anything to do with the deal other then allowing chris to continue working for them as a contractor??
    Rocky Element
    My Attempt at a Blog

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrastories
    I don't see how easton - bell sports has anything to do with the deal other then allowing chris to continue working for them as a contractor??
    When you read (and write) as many press releases as I do, you start to learn that they're as much about what's NOT said as what IS said.

Nowhere does it say that he bought RF. The closest they get is: "Chris Tutton has emerged at the helm." Combine that with the lack of financing details and his staying on at Easton and viola!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

sock puppet

synergy???

Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    When you read (and write) as many press releases as I do, you start to learn that they're as much about what's NOT said as what IS said.

Nowhere does it say that he bought RF. The closest they get is: "Chris Tutton has emerged at the helm." Combine that with the lack of financing details and his staying on at Easton and viola!
    “Easton Bell Sports has had a great partnership with Chris over the last three years and we are pleased to continue that relationship. We believe in the synergy that can be created with the two companies.” Bernie Doering, SVP-Global Sales, Action Sports, Easton-Bell Sports.

I also like the synergy that exists with Apple and Microsoft...

Easton put their money down here...

Members who have read this thread: 0