Puslinch Trail Conditions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Puslinch Trail Conditions?

Planning to make a trip up there and officially break in the new bike. However, with the amount of rain we've been getting, I don't want to waste my gas and find out the trails are mucky. I don't think me or the tires could handle it. Anybody been out there lately?

IMBA-GORBA Bike Patrol

beat the rain

If you plan to ride before the rain starts you well have a great dry ride however wait until Saturday and that all changes. Twin Ponds takes 24-48 hours after a rain to dry out enough that you don't bring part of the trail home with you.
    ENJOY LIFE RIDE A BIKE
    Blur XC black
    Chameleon gray
    Nomad Black
    V10 black
    True North 853

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Thanks, that's good to know.
    I may wait till mid-week then.

mtbr member
    Just curious; anyone ever do any night riding at Puslinch? I think I've seen signs that the area closes at dusk, but most places say that while people ride there after-hours all the time. Anyone know if it's strictly forbidden there or if the conservation authority turn a blind eye?
    I love riding my bike!

mtbr member
    I rode in Puslinch on Wednesday night.

The big puddles were big, as I suspect they will be until mid July at this rate. The rest of the trail was not bad. Unfortunately I doubt you'll be riding in there (or many places in Southern Ontario) without bringing home some trial for a while.

As for night riding, I have ridden in there once at night and had a Conservation Authority person waiting at my car when I came out. Other than a warning that night riding wasn't allowed, I mean, really what are they going to do? (I don't say that to encourage people to disobey, but I doubt the consequences are severe. Though I haven't ridden since the warning myself, but see below).

I really enjoy riding Puslinch, my favorite spot, but I can barely find my way out in daytime if I need to bail. All those turns, twists and crossing trail, I always end up searching for a while till I see a familiar trail that I know leads out. At night, it was a disaster. I rode for probably an hour that night and spent 45 minutes trying to find my way out. It was actually a little bit scary.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfilly7 View Post
    Just curious; anyone ever do any night riding at Puslinch? I think I've seen signs that the area closes at dusk, but most places say that while people ride there after-hours all the time. Anyone know if it's strictly forbidden there or if the conservation authority turn a blind eye?

mtbr member
    I believe Conservation fines are in the $75 range .

mtbr member
    Glad I asked! Thanks for the info.
    I love riding my bike!

Over the bars...
    We rode there today and the conditions were awesome!! A few slightly muddy spots but thisis about the worst we saw ...

mtbr member
    Punslinch was prime tonight. Why does every where else dry better than Hamilton and Niagara (I know the answer to that, clay).

We had a major 3 rider pain train through there tonight. 2 crashes and we still did the whole circuit in under an hour and a half. Rode way faster tonight than I did in the O-cup on the weekend.