Porcupine Ridge info- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Porcupine Ridge info

Home

With the late wet spring and wind stroms in the winter we are a little behind with clean up. Still a few trails to blow and a couple downed trees. Most of the trails are in great shape and dry now. Got 6 downed trees done last night and a bit of blowing done.

Hopefully by the end of the month everything will be done and when bug season is over we can do some new builds/replace old stuff.

$5 donations are appreciated to help with costs.

banned
    Feb 2014
    Thanks for your efforts up there. I always give money and blood for your unique trail system.

Cheers mxzx121

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    We got some more work done last night. 95% done. Most trails in great shape.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hello,

Just wondering what the trail conditions are like this fall? Wanting to ride there either this coming weekend or the one after that with a buddy. Is it OK to ride when wet or best to stay away? Please let me know!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    We did some trail cleaning on Friday. Still lots of leafs to come down, probably won't blow the trails again till November. You can ride when its wet. Be very carful on any of the wood features if they are wet.

If you don't know the trails well it might be hard with all the leafs still coming down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Didn't make it up there last weekend but now I just wanted to check if you guys got snow like Horseshoe did last night? Planning to head thee tomorrow, everything is lined up but wanted to check if there was snow. Let me know if you can! Much appreciated.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Only a skif. I'm not sure if anyone has done leaf blowing in the last couple weeks. If not some trails will be hard to folllow.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Buckwallow is still open and might be a better option.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks for the information mxzx121! We rode in there yesterday for about 4 hours but only did 12 kms. haha. It was much different than what we were used to riding so we were not setting any time records. Had a great time though, the trails are amazing and quite technical. Lots of fun! I ended up over the bars twice, the first time was in the little opening loop trail, poor front tire placement going over some rocks sent me crashing down...not injuries though so all good. Second one was in a mud hole that just caught we off guard when my front tire stopped dead.

For the first time I found myself wishing I was on a 29er rather than my 26er just for the added rollover on the rocks. I guess two crashes that likely would not have happened with the larger wheels would do that. Thanks again for the info, we will me making more trips there next summer!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxzx121 View Post
    If you don't know the trails well it might be hard with all the leafs still coming down.
    Yep. The time I rode Porcupine Ridge just after leaf-fall I got pretty lost.

And that was with a GPS on the handlebars....
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Glad you had fun. They are unique trails. Be sure to come back next year. We normally have all the trails cleaned up by May depending on when the snow melts in the spring.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    So no bikes are allowed after Oct 31? Would be nice to take a ride on Moonie or Krampus once snow is on the ground

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    People normally ride till around the middle of November.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thank you - good to know. Won't make it this year in Nov. On your site it says till Oct 31 so that's why I asked.
    I ride year round and it good to know where trails are (for me within 2-2.5 hrs from Toronto)

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    You couldn't ride these trails in the winter with the snow. Especially last year when we had 3 foot plus base till the end of March. The only good fat bike trails in Muskoka last winter where the snowmobile trails on crown land.