pics of glen majors sanitation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

pics of glen majors sanitation

I only got a few pics. We got there late because I put the new roof rack on Saturday morning/afternoon. We rode it wrong because we got lost again and then had to ride the road down to the bottom. Took the XCE out and loved it on the down hills but climbing that thing sucks. I don't think it's coming to Vermont with me and it'll probably be sold next spring for sure. The wheels were only spinning for hour and twenty minutes. What I saw pissed me off a lot!

You can see where they removed the small drop here. It was maybe a two foot roller if that. Why the fcuk would they do this?

Just down the trail they closed off the BIG log crossing.

Made sure nobody would ever have fun on this log again.

I suspect they're going to flatten the meadow soon too because those hills are too hard to climb.

Mar 2004

GM seemed okay to me on Sunday...

I did see what you photographed, though, on the drop section leading to the "mud pit" area. But that seems to be it. The section before that - with the tight switchbacks and rock drops that runs down from the easternmost grassy hill to the top of the trail you photographed - is still great. Someone did remove the 2x8 plank drop from the 2nd switchback though . Also "tj's way" and "durango surprise" (old names, don't know if they are used still or not, but it helps me identify the various trails there), which are further north of the grassy hills, are still full of flow and speed and a few drops and launches. The very back sandy/piney loop is still got it's share of root drops and built up jumps - none of which are big, just good kickers for a little thrill - but all of these trails seem as they always were...AWESOME! Still, the run in question has been cleared a little to much for our taste...let's hope that's the last of it. BTW, I'd love it if they flattened a bit of that meadow climb. (kidding).
    gabe

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I rode for the first time in a long time last night.

If any one knows who added the new kicker jump on the top of the drops section, please remind them that they're idiots.

The dug the dirt from the trail, and piled it in front of the hole making a jump.. But give the tightness of the trail, and the lack of speed, and the crappy jump it's impossible to clear.

I'll try and fill it back in if I get time...

If you want to build new obsticals, call the GTRA and talk to the trail captain.. It's not too hard to do, or if you want to build new obsticals, do it right, it would of been easy to build a nice 3 foot long bump that would launch you just as far but allow people not looking to launch over it to ride over it...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    Took the XCE out and loved it on the down hills but climbing that thing sucks. I don't think it's coming to Vermont with me and it'll probably be sold next spring for sure.
    is that a Turner XCE?

Clem

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HubbaMan
    is that a Turner XCE?

Clem
    Yes and I'm about 90% sure it's being sold and replaced with a Turner Flux, Racer 100X, Specialized Epic or FSR, or Fisher Suger 1, 2+ or 29".
    My other bike is a ti soft tail but I want a bike with more travel, that is XC oriented and that is around 25 lbs not 30 lbs. The XCE was great in Fruita and Moab but it flattens everything in Ontario (makes it boring) and I don't enjoy it on the types of climbs here.
    The XCE would have been ok in Vermont but the Silk Ti was the better bike between the two.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    Yes and I'm about 90% sure it's being sold and replaced with a Turner Flux, Racer 100X, Specialized Epic or FSR, or Fisher Suger 1, 2+ or 29".
    My other bike is a ti soft tail but I want a bike with more travel, that is XC oriented and that is around 25 lbs not 30 lbs. The XCE was great in Fruita and Moab but it flattens everything in Ontario (makes it boring) and I don't enjoy it on the types of climbs here.
    The XCE would have been ok in Vermont but the Silk Ti was the better bike between the two.
    I was just wondering, I'm also a Turner owner (RFX) and found it odd that someone didn't like the way the XCE climbed, however I see your point and for the type of bike/riding you're looking for the XCE just doesn't cut it ... I've been following the Flux posts in the Turner forum, looks quite impressive and I'm curious to see the test review coming up in the Oct issue of MBAction.

Clem

mtbr member
    I was just wondering, I'm also a Turner owner (RFX) and found it odd that someone didn't like the way the XCE climbed, however I see your point and for the type of bike/riding you're looking for the XCE just doesn't cut it ... I've been following the Flux posts in the Turner forum, looks quite impressive and I'm curious to see the test review coming up in the Oct issue of MBAction.
    Short, steep loose climbs suck for the XCE and that's a lot, if not most of the riding I do in Ontario. Sit and spin climbing it's ok (prefer a lighter bike) or technical rocky climbing it's great. I cannot fault the XCE for descents or flat rocky technical sections.

The Titus Racer 100x was in the October issue. MBA is just getting the bike this month. I suspect the test won't appear until around January or maybe even later.
    Last edited by Braids; 09-16-2004 at 10:19 AM. Reason: redundant words

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Directions

Where are these trails located?

Thanks.

Mar 2004

which trails, natureboy?

glen major? I'll give you directions if you promise not to pull down GOOD obstacles or build SH*TTY ones that no-one can have fun on. Sounds like GM's been mucked with a lot this summer as well as Ravenshoe, some of which I've seen, some just hearing from these posts. I'm on both sides: I like challenges in the form of technical obstacles, but I also like flow, and if those obstacles don't add to the trails flow, then they're not worth building. Don't be surprised when they get pulled.
    Gabe

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    glen major? I'll give you directions if you promise not to pull down GOOD obstacles or build SH*TTY ones that no-one can have fun on. Sounds like GM's been mucked with a lot this summer as well as Ravenshoe, some of which I've seen, some just hearing from these posts. I'm on both sides: I like challenges in the form of technical obstacles, but I also like flow, and if those obstacles don't add to the trails flow, then they're not worth building. Don't be surprised when they get pulled.
    Gabe
    Yo Gabe,

When was the last time you were in Ravenshoe? .... lots of little surprises in there now

Clem

mtbr member
    Yes. I was at Ravenshoe on Saturday, and loved the trail system. I haven't been there before, but the man made stuff was really good!

Mar 2004

yes guy! going to 'shoe on saturday..

anxious to be surprised. In fact I have not been there since june, so I can't wait. I just remember some earlier posts about stuff being torn down, and, one week I was there and we rode wicked (and well built) new stuff, the next weekend that very same stuff was gone. Unfortunately my Cove is without a fork so I'll just have to ride my 4x4 Intense Tracer that my lovely girlfriend bought me for my birthday. Ravenshoe is like the only place outside of Bromont where I truly enjoyed riding that 40lb beast around: no climbs, tight and twisty, stunts galore...perfect for a G-Spot. I'll be looking for your Turner, mate.
    Gabe
    Yo Gabe,

When was the last time you were in Ravenshoe? .... lots of little surprises in there now

Clem

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambhead
    anxious to be surprised. In fact I have not been there since june, so I can't wait. I just remember some earlier posts about stuff being torn down, and, one week I was there and we rode wicked (and well built) new stuff, the next weekend that very same stuff was gone. Unfortunately my Cove is without a fork so I'll just have to ride my 4x4 Intense Tracer that my lovely girlfriend bought me for my birthday. Ravenshoe is like the only place outside of Bromont where I truly enjoyed riding that 40lb beast around: no climbs, tight and twisty, stunts galore...perfect for a G-Spot. I'll be looking for your Turner, mate.
    Gabe
    It actually looks like I'll be rippin' it up at Blue tomorrow, got a few buds going as well so it should be a great day for ridin'. Drag your G-Spot is out of action.

You'll like the new stunts, nothing too crazy except the bigger one if you ride on past the Corn Hole drop/jump ... at the top of the next hill they've built a nice skinny-ish ramp to tranny drop. You'll wish you had the G-Spot with ya for sure

Have fun

Clem

banned
    Feb 2005

Old Post

Careful with talking about stunts.

Mar 2004

why's that?

why should we be careful about talking about stunts on our favorite trails? do you know something I don't? stunts are part of the trail systems everywhere. for the most part we can do them or go around them. it's all good, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Tyred
    Careful with talking about stunts.

banned
    Feb 2005

Insurance

Trails used to be about the environmental stuff.
    Old Ontario
    Now it is all Bureaucracy.
    New Ontario