• 08-28-2011
    Artin Aga
    1 Attachment(s)
    The Perfect Ontario Big Bike
    Today I took out my new bike out to blue Mountain for a first try
    After a few years of riding big bikes Like The Yeti 303 Turner DHR Intense M1 and The Knolly V-Tech I went with a 6.5 inch bike that I could easily pedal Across the top and get down to the bottom with no fuss.
    I put up an add on pink bike to Trade my Knolly V-Tech with something smaller, and to my Surprise A fellow Mountain biker from Vancouver had a large Knolly Delirium T and was interested in something Larger for his style of riding, so Last week we made the exchange.

Here is my Build
    Large Knolly Delirium T 2009 DHX coil 450lb
    Rock shox Totem Coil
    Mavic 521 sup on Chris king Hubs
    Muddy Marry 2.35 Tires
    Hope Ti 6 front and M4 rear Breaks
    Fsa crank single ring set
    Woodman post Chromag saddle
    Chris king Headset and Salsa bar on some cheep 50mm stem

on the Scale 39lb 8 os

This bike Rocked it was fast peddled like a Cross country
    and went down every run at blue with ease Squeaker Grab Bag showcase ShotGlass Waterfall and O shoot . Every Run was a breeze.
    The rear end is so stiff it was like on rails
    It felt closer to the 303 then any bike I have had since
    only it pedals with no effort. The Perfect Ontario Bike
  • 08-28-2011
    singlesprocket
    nice bike!
  • 08-28-2011
    Artin Aga
    Thanks dude
    I have a few changes to make
    I have a new stem ordered a thompson 4x. 50 mm
    There is a new set of rims on order. Mavic. 819 UST
    I am about to change the breaks The hopes are a real overkill
    And I think I am going to try an air shock in the back
  • 08-28-2011
    saturnine
    what's with the saddle angle?
  • 08-28-2011
    Artin Aga
    It was not adjusted as of yet I had it on my 29er.
  • 08-29-2011
    garage monster
    Dumb question: why does it have sliding rear dropouts? Surely, you'd never run that thing as a single-speed? :confused:
  • 08-29-2011
    macming
    Quote:

Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Dumb question: why does it have sliding rear dropouts? Surely, you'd never run that thing as a single-speed? :confused:

Geometry/wheelbase adjustment ;)
  • 08-29-2011
    macming
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artin Aga View Post
    Today I took out my new bike out to blue Mountain for a first try
    After a few years of riding big bikes Like The Yeti 303 Turner DHR Intense M1 and The Knolly V-Tech I went with a 6.5 inch bike that I could easily pedal Across the top and get down to the bottom with no fuss.
    I put up an add on pink bike to Trade my Knolly V-Tech with something smaller, and to my Surprise A fellow Mountain biker from Vancouver had a large Knolly Delirium T and was interested in something Larger for his style of riding, so Last week we made the exchange.

Here is my Build
    Large Knolly Delirium T 2009 DHX coil 450lb
    Rock shox Totem Coil
    Mavic 521 sup on Chris king Hubs
    Muddy Marry 2.35 Tires
    Hope Ti 6 front and M4 rear Breaks
    Fsa crank single ring set
    Woodman post Chromag saddle
    Chris king Headset and Salsa bar on some cheep 50mm stem

on the Scale 39lb 8 os

This bike Rocked it was fast peddled like a Cross country
    and went down every run at blue with ease Squeaker Grab Bag showcase ShotGlass Waterfall and O shoot . Every Run was a breeze.
    The rear end is so stiff it was like on rails
    It felt closer to the 303 then any bike I have had since
    only it pedals with no effort. The Perfect Ontario Bike

Sweet! Glad the trade worked out for you :)

I finally have the Morewood pretty much figured out. Just waiting for spokes to lace up my CK/823 front wheel, and a new E.13 SRS bash guard to come.

In Sept I'm going to try to hit Blue a few times, maybe I'll see you there on the new DT!
  • 08-29-2011
    mykel
    Nice bike. I have one too ( although it is hanging in my shop - White 2009 Mark V - was a warranty replacement, built and test-ridden then torn down as I ordered the 2010 )
    As I'm now riding the 2010 Delirium, I'm thinking about trying to trade my Delirium-T frame for an Endorphin.

The Delirium(T) is killer at Blue. Was there yesterday shredding, but had an off and cracked two ribs. Hope I can ride again before end of season lifts at Kelso.

michael

ps - I really miss the adjustable wheelbase ( which was dropped for the 2010 ) That made alot of difference here in Flat-ario.
  • 08-29-2011
    garage monster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mykel View Post
    The Delirium(T) is killer at Blue. Was there yesterday shredding, but had an off and cracked two ribs. Hope I can ride again before end of season lifts at Kelso.

michael

ps - I really miss the adjustable wheelbase ( which was dropped for the 2010 ) That made alot of difference here in Flat-ario.

Sorry to hear about the ribs - that sucks. :(

Since I'm new to the adjustable wheelbase concept, can you give me an example of a trail you'd ride "long" and one you'd ride "short"? :confused:
  • 08-29-2011
    Artin Aga
    Quote:

Since I'm new to the adjustable wheelbase concept, can you give me an example of a trail you'd ride "long" and one you'd ride "short"? :confused:

Well not that it would be changed as per trail biases But more of a personal preference
    if you like to hit very fast rides Such as A. line or in Ontario trail like Howly or whatever that is called long wheel base is good
    But for tech y Trail like squeeker or Shot Glass short is better.
    Or in my case yesterday I found the rear end was washing out a bit too much so I shortened the wheel base and that helped a lot by putting the weight more on the rear wheel.
    It is a great option to have I had it on my 303 and on the V-tech and I am glad it is on the DT
  • 08-29-2011
    mykel
    Quote:

Basically what Artin Aga said.

The Delirium T has both a 1 degree (1/2 degree increments) adjustable head-angle and an adjustable wheelbase.

For example, if I were riding tight and twisty like Cambridge then I would go steep on the headangle and short on the wheelbase. For fast flowy, like Kitchener, full steep or slacken headangle by 1/2 degree ( Frankenstein vs Creepy Corner, depending on what trails I was planning on riding) and medium wheelbase. For Lift service like Blue or anything steep and fast, then slacken headangle fully and lenghten wheelbase to full long.

My normal setting was full steep and medium wheelbase.

Thanks for the healing vibes - appreciated.

michael
  • 08-29-2011
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Artin Aga View Post
    Well not that it would be changed as per trail biases But more of a personal preference
    if you like to hit very fast rides Such as A. line or in Ontario trail like Howly or whatever that is called long wheel base is good
    But for tech y Trail like squeeker or Shot Glass short is better.
    Or in my case yesterday I found the rear end was washing out a bit too much so I shortened the wheel base and that helped a lot by putting the weight more on the rear wheel.
    It is a great option to have I had it on my 303 and on the V-tech and I am glad it is on the DT

on my intense m9 i've shortened up the wheelbase and steepened the head angle. works well at blue, also worked well at saint anne on the trails i enjoy.
  • 08-29-2011
    garage monster
    Quote:

The Delirium T has both a 1 degree (1/2 degree increments) adjustable head-angle and an adjustable wheelbase.

That's pretty cool. Kinda like a Swiss Army bike! :thumbsup:
  • 08-30-2011
    Artin Aga
    Quote:

Basically what Artin Aga said.

For example, if I were riding tight and twisty like Cambridge then I would go steep on the headangle and short on the wheelbase. For fast flowy, like Kitchener, full steep or slacken headangle by 1/2 degree ( Frankenstein vs Creepy Corner, depending on what trails I was planning on riding) and medium wheelbase. For Lift service like Blue or anything steep and fast, then slacken headangle fully and lenghten wheelbase to full long.

My normal setting was full steep and medium wheelbase.

Thanks for the healing vibes - appreciated.

michael

hey man sorry to hear about the ribs I hope you heal soon and hit the trails