people!!! what happened to all the Don group rides!!!- Mtbr.com
    T.Dot Represent

people!!! what happened to all the Don group rides!!!

i was riding the don on friday after i got my brakes rebled by my beloved cycle solutions(by far the best bike shop in toronto!!! ) and i was riding and i ran into one other person!!! i gues it waqs cuz u people probably where working or something!

well if anyone wantsw to ride shoot me an email or soemthing cuz i like riding in groups!

[email protected] is my email add me to msn if u want to talk
    fiiiiiiiiiiiinchizzzzzzzzzzle

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by finchy
    i was riding the don on friday after i got my brakes rebled by my beloved cycle solutions(by far the best bike shop in toronto!!! ) and i was riding and i ran into one other person!!! i gues it waqs cuz u people probably where working or something!

well if anyone wantsw to ride shoot me an email or soemthing cuz i like riding in groups!

[email protected] is my email add me to msn if u want to talk
    Friday.....where was I again?....Oh yea working my ass off
    I went through the Don last? sunday or so ago and it was just like the DVP. I survived 2 near head on colisions and musta moved out of the way like 15 times and this was all early in the morning too!

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    Friday.....where was I again?....Oh yea working my ass off
    I went through the Don last? sunday or so ago and it was just like the DVP. I survived 2 near head on colisions and musta moved out of the way like 15 times and this was all early in the morning too!
    I've tried the early morning thing and you know what so is everybody else. On weekends I find there is less traffic at about 3 in the afternoon for some strange reason. Sometimes you can go through and maybe see only 1 or 2 riders.

T.Dot Represent
    yeha but i personally like to socialize with the other bikers, its a great way to make new friends and learn info about the trails and nearby trails

Mar 2004
    yeha but i personally like to socialize with the other bikers, its a great way to make new friends and learn info about the trails and nearby trails
    I agree but sometimes there is so much traffic that if you are old school like me and actually yield you spend most of your time stopping and starting and it just becomes a waste of time.

T.Dot Represent
    what i cant stand is when im riding up a hill and workin and someone else is goin down it and they dont move! its a lt easier to ride down then up people!

Mar 2004
    what i cant stand is when im riding up a hill and workin and someone else is goin down it and they dont move! its a lt easier to ride down then up people!
    That's just started happening in the Don in the last few years. If you are riding(as opposed to walking)up the hill it's only common courtesy for the other rider to give you the right of way. I think some riders haven't figured out that some people can actually ride up a technical climb and enjoy the accomplishment.

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowenbrau
    That's just started happening in the Don in the last few years. If you are riding(as opposed to walking)up the hill it's only common courtesy for the other rider to give you the right of way. I think some riders haven't figured out that some people can actually ride up a technical climb and enjoy the accomplishment.
    I would say it all depends on the hill the person is climbing/decending. I've ran into ppl that seen me on my way down the hill yet they havent even started to climb and I'll be half way down the hill and they will start climbing then ***** at me for not moving out of the way

I dont think I should've stopped or moved out of the way do you? Well I did move over some to avoid a collision but to get *****ed at for not moving out of the way? please.
    Plus I dont really think the don is one place to complain about ridings climbing/decending and saying who has right of way. Since the area is lacking big uphills and downhills

Aug 2004
    Trail etiquette is something that is to be followed at all times not when it is convenient for you.

BCBOY

T.Dot Represent
    any up hill is big when ur riding with a fullface helmet on, a pair on knee shin guards and a 40+pound bike!!!

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by bcboy
    Trail etiquette is something that is to be followed at all times not when it is convenient for you.

BCBOY
    I do follow trail etiquette. I just dont follow that stupid up/down hill rider has right of way bs. As I said before it depends on the hill.

Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    I would say it all depends on the hill the person is climbing/decending. I've ran into ppl that seen me on my way down the hill yet they havent even started to climb and I'll be half way down the hill and they will start climbing then ***** at me for not moving out of the way

I dont think I should've stopped or moved out of the way do you? Well I did move over some to avoid a collision but to get *****ed at for not moving out of the way? please.
    Plus I dont really think the don is one place to complain about ridings climbing/decending and saying who has right of way. Since the area is lacking big uphills and downhills

Of course if you were already coming down you had the right of way.But just how big of a hill do you think it should be for some common sense to kick in? 1000 feet? A 10 foot technical climb and you are halfway up when some idiot just comes straight down on you is annoying and dangerous. I mean I wasn't aware that there were nightly races and time trials going on in the Don where a few seconds doing a trackstand at the top of a hill to allow a guy to finish his climb is going to ruin your night. On a trail as busy as the Don etiquette is very important for everybody.

T.Dot Represent
    i for one always pull to the side...

has anyone ever gotten harrased cuz they fell off their bike and the bike is in the middle of the path and ur strugling to get it out of the way and the guy has to stop and ***** at u arrggg

Mar 2004
    i for one always pull to the side...

has anyone ever gotten harrased cuz they fell off their bike and the bike is in the middle of the path and ur strugling to get it out of the way and the guy has to stop and ***** at u arrggg
    I do too. I'm not actually stopping and I figure I'm more experienced than most of the riders coming the other way so it's actually safer for both of us if I yield more of the trail. On the second point I used to fall off a lot in the Don but that was a long time ago when it was a friendlier less crowded place where people used to ask if you were OK not curse at you. There are still some people riding in there that have the attitude that was prevalent in the late '80's and early '90's but not many. Perhaps that is because the original ridge is just a fast dragstrip now and not the challenge it was when it was first put through when we were all riding 21 speed rigids with lousy brakes at best.