Pay per use mtb areas- Mtbr.com
    LBS Manager

Pay per use mtb areas

I think Ontario needs more pay per use places like Hardwood hills. I think it would drive prices down at the ones that curently exist and open more variety of trails for those who dont like riding unmarked trails or those who don't have a good sense of direction. What do you guys think?

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    sure...if they're worth it I'm sure ppl would pay to ride....
    we got suckered into Dagmar last season..picked up a flyer with pics of NS stunts on it and names of trails that suggested lots of fun... we went, paid our dues and whadda ya know...we ended up riding with a group of XC guys/gals training for an upcoming race... looking at us going WTF are these guys doing here .it was still fun keeping up and even passing some of them on my big bike
    but yes..my crew at least would pay and travel to any mtb park that has something good to offer (not saying dagmar didn't, but I would've brought the ss instead if I knew)..we always pitched into the donation box at porcupine, although other ppl prolly stole the $'s anyways as there was never a lock on it very sad to see that place all chained up
    I Ride, I Know

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy
    I think Ontario needs more pay per use places like Hardwood hills. I think it would drive prices down at the ones that curently exist and open more variety of trails for those who dont like riding unmarked trails or those who don't have a good sense of direction. What do you guys think?
    It'll be hard to do now. Everything south of Barrie is considered a suburb of Toronto and super expensive to buy or already being developed and everything north of Barrie is cottage country, too far away from Toronto and land is too expensive right now. Liability insurance has been discussed to death and there is a reason why isurance companies made record profits last year.
    I'm willing to pay user fees on crown, provincial or private land if I thought it was worth it.

LBS Manager

mtb parks

If there were places for all types of riders to ride ligitamatly I think it leed to a lot less closers of trails like porcipine ridge.By diverting trafic to the pay places which would undoubtably be better mantained and full of free ride stunds for the crazy guys outher places would be less ikely to get shut down.

LBS Manager

Ontario trail permit

Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    It'll be hard to do now. Everything south of Barrie is considered a suburb of Toronto and super expensive to buy or already being developed and everything north of Barrie is cottage country, too far away from Toronto and land is too expensive right now. Liability insurance has been discussed to death and there is a reason why isurance companies made record profits last year.
    I'm willing to pay user fees on crown, provincial or private land if I thought it was worth it.
    They could even make a trail permit like snowmobilers pay and use the finds to cover insurance issues and trail upkeep. The problems is the Government would have to something proactive instead of just sitting on their fence post colecting our tax dollars.

They say I have a problem
    Now that sounds like a good idea...I've always wondered why mountain bikes don't have something like that...That would really aid in trail construction and maintenance...
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004
    the ofsc is one of the biggest organizations in Ontario..they're light years ahead of the mtb community...I'd save your keyboard trying to compare the two

why not join IMBA, pay yer dues, and get involved that way.. they're doing great things in missisauga right now and have done similar in various locations in ONtario
    I Ride, I Know

They say I have a problem
    Yup...Done that already...
    "The meek shall inherit the earth"