Paris to Ancaster question- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Paris to Ancaster question

I did the race for the first time last year and had a blast! Great event for sure. Iíd like to sign up again this year but donít want to commit too early just in case something comes up. Does anyone know when if/when it normally sells out?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Go back through the Paris Ancaster Twitter. Mar 8 there were approx. 100 spots in Wave 4 and same for the 40K.
    https://twitter.com/cdncyclist/statu...41675169308672
    This is from March 30
    Paris to Ancaster question-c8k3r35umaasq1i.jpg

mtbr member
    Whoa, that fills up fast! I don't see the elite wave on there though? Maybe I'll email them to get a sense.

mtbr member
    so, who's doing P2A this year?

I managed to sign up for Wave 2 a few weeks ago and now I'm regretting having done so.

Not enough training and just back from a week's vacation to find the snow has returned.

I have done it 4 times in the past but not since 11 years ago.

Who's racing?
    Last edited by Swerny; 04-30-2018 at 05:57 AM.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 0
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I'll be there, wave 2 as well I think.

I hope the weather is nice, because i've not had much chance to do any training on the bike. If it is like last year, it could make for a long day.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'll be there, starting in wave 3. I feel like I'm a month behind in my riding compared to last year... It sounds like the weather is going to better than last year though. It's going to be muddy though!

mtbr member
    Damn that was a lot of mud!

Painful, but i survived and finished. I wasn't happy with my time but i made it, no crashes and no mechanical issues.

I was also happy with my bike setup and clothing choices.

I hope everyone had a good time yesterday
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 0
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    That's as muddy as I've seen it - the Mineral Spring chute was especially awful! Good fun though and a fantastic day for a ride.

mtbr member
    Hi Guys! I have questions about P2A so I've decided to revive this thread...

I want to register for P2A 20202 with one or two friends. There's spots left in wave 4 or VIP-Pro experience. It will be our first time there and mostly competing against ourselve. So no podium hope of any kind and we're not serious about racing. I read some reports about that Vip thing and some participant seem to take it easy at the back of this wave so it's not all-out racing. When the pack is stretching, is the course wide enough for faster riders too pass when they catch us? I like the idea of lining up late, reserve parking etc with VIP. Maybe we should pay for VIP and ask to be further back like WAVE 3? From my perspective, trying to find a spot in the big Wave 4, then being unable to ride at own pace is not ideal but would be better than nothing...

Also, I know it probably depends of course conditions any given year but what kind of tire do you guys run at this event? I know there's some muddy spot but often not ridable anyway... So maybe a fast gravel tire, not too wide should be ideal? Or maybe a GK Mud 35...

Thanks in advance for any advices...
    2015 Salsa Blackborow 1
    2017 Devinci Hatchet Carbon
    2009 Spec Tricross Sport
    2019 Ibis Ripmo

mtbr member
    If you want to peel off the green for the VIP spots, go for it. Let the 2nd-wave hammerheads behind you pass, it should be no big deal.

They used to start the half-course guys from Harrisburg at the same time as the elite wave from Paris, so we'd generally catch them with a few km to go.

I don't recall them ever being "in the way". Most of the course is wide enough for easy passing, and in the muddy narrow chutes a few guys walking along the edges here and there never made much difference.

There is no consensus on tires, and never will be.
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    No surprise but... They've just announced that the P2A is cancelled for this year. And I was just about to start training!