Ottawa Mountain Bike Association (OMBA) Trail Day, May 10th, 8:45 - 12:00- Mtbr.com
    trail gnome

Ottawa Mountain Bike Association (OMBA) Trail Day, May 10th, 8:45 - 12:00

Shadow's Ridge Trail Day
    We are breaking ground on new trail!

Meet at the parking lot past the soccer field next to the Richcraft Recreation Complex at 8:45. We'll take attendance*, wake up with some coffee, sign waivers, go over a quick safety briefing, and begin work at 9:00 sharp.

Things to bring:

•Closed-toe footwear. Preferably work boots or stury hiking boots. NO sandals!
    •Gloves, preferably work gloves, but garden or bike gloves will work in a pinch.
    •Bug repellant. They aren't out yet, but they are coming.
    •Safety glasses or clear or light tinted sunglasses if you have them.

OMBA has a trailer full of tools and I believe I have someone lined up with a trailer hook to bring them, but just in case, you can bring the following tools, if you have them:

•Pulaski
    •Mattock
    •Pick
    •McLeod
    •Shovel
    •Rock Bar
    •Wheel barrow
    •Buckets
    •Rake

The trail day will only be cancelled in the event of heavy rain. If it is cancelled, a notice will be posted here at 7:00 AM the morning of.

If you haven't attended a trail workshop, don't worry, we can still use your help. We can show you what to do and the "why" we do it, you'll pick up along the way.

If you can make it, please sign up here or on the Facebook event (which I will create tonight).

For those about to dig: we salute you!

Cheers,

Ray

* In the past, your name went in a hat for every trail day you attended and we had some cool draw prizes at the end of the year for trail day workers. I'm bringing that tradition back.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Make sure O'Dea gets his hands dirty!

trail gnome
    It's on like Donkey Kong (the trail day that is). If you have any garden tools, bring them. The tool trailer may not be delivered to the trailhead on time.

@LRH: El presidenté will not be in attendance this time, but I will make sure he gets his hands dirty at least once this year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ray.vermette View Post
    It's on like Donkey Kong (the trail day that is). If you have any garden tools, bring them. The tool trailer may not be delivered to the trailhead on time.

@LRH: El presidenté will not be in attendance this time, but I will make sure he gets his hands dirty at least once this year.
    Hahaha! Looks like he's off to a bad start this year, then.

He's one of my best friends in the world, we go way back. I actually met my wife through them. We both lived in their house back in 2002/03.

Hope you get a good turnout and get lots done tomorrow and with any luck I'll get up there and ride it some time this year.