Ordering from the UK- Mtbr.com
    I already rode that

Ordering from the UK

Can anyone tell me what to expect as to duties/ taxes and whatnot else that I should expect when getting a few small items shipped here?

1946:2006:2066
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNewb
    Can anyone tell me what to expect as to duties/ taxes and whatnot else that I should expect when getting a few small items shipped here?
    Depends how it is shipped.

I've only ordered twice from the UK, both times from BETD. The first time it was shipped
    parcel post with the typical customs packaging and all I had to pay was $5.00 brokerage
    plus GST and PST. The second time it was shipped as a registered letter with no customs
    attachments. I simply picked up my letter/package and didn't have to pay anything. Weird!

Hope that happens the next time. Although, kinda makes you wonder about border security.

michael
    "Be not afraid of going slowly but only of standing still." - Chinese Proverb

I already rode that
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdy
    Depends how it is shipped.

I've only ordered twice from the UK, both times from BETD. The first time it was shipped
    parcel post with the typical customs packaging and all I had to pay was $5.00 brokerage
    plus GST and PST. The second time it was shipped as a registered letter with no customs
    attachments. I simply picked up my letter/package and didn't have to pay anything. Weird!

Hope that happens the next time. Although, kinda makes you wonder about border security.

michael
    Thanks
    Be cool if I get the same thing happening Either way still be cheaper then buying the thing I want locally. Not that anyone has it anyways.