Ontario Bike Manufacture's?- Mtbr.com

Apr 2004

New question here. Ontario Bike Manufacture's?

Can anyone name some Canadian bike / component manufactures within the southern Ontario region? I'm sick of my job and I would like to get into a company that designs or manufactures bikes /components. What better way to earn a living working with bike parts all day. Yes, I'm tired of the automotive industry!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

True..

Quote Originally Posted by Atomik
    Can anyone name some Canadian bike / component manufactures within the southern Ontario region? I'm sick of my job and I would like to get into a company that designs or manufactures bikes /components. What better way to earn a living working with bike parts all day. Yes, I'm tired of the automotive industry!
    Give Hugh a shout at TrueNorthcycles. www.truenorthcycles.com Located in Kitchener, Ont

Vern

mtbr member

shimano has some operations around here........

[somewhere, i met a guy once, at band camp no seriously this guy theoreticaly worked as a tester for shimano parts, gave me great deals on new xtr so i wasnt going to question him. not sure where he was from though. you could always get a job at the raleigh/DBR warehouse steeling and selling bikes on the side..

and since were on the topic does anyone know of any bike realated sports medicine schools/courses, once im done chiropracticcollege im hopefully going to do my post grad work in a sport specific program and if i dont get a job with the leafs would love to move down southwest and work on proriders. and rich supermodels with huge guns.
    MaY
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

President, CEO of Earth
    You got yur norco just north of TO, Oakville (I think) is the home of Raliegh. Tru north in Kitchener...

Tru north is (i think) the only one of these actualy still makin there own bikes. Most of Raliegh's stuff is now made in either Taiwan or China or Mexique. Norco is almost entirely made in Taiwan. I don't know if they've ever had a bike made in canada. If they have it was in Vancouver, not TO. The TO location is primarily a warehouse with some service functions (fork overhauls and warranty work mainly). Raliegh used to make almost all their bikes in Oakville(I think) at an old factory that used to make baby prams. Real high tech stuff.

The last one I can think of is Thin Blue Line imported by Silent Sorts in Toronto. They don't make their own bikes either, but have been importing them for years.

Peterborough is the home of a Shimano warehouse. Same sort of thing as Norco - no manufacturing, just warehouse and warranty.

Canada's bike industry is mostly in Quebec and BC. So if you want a bigger selecton you gotta move, or get ready for a lot of driving. And possibly a change in language.

TT.
    wheeler
    Feb 2004

Good job!

Ruthless bikes is out of Aurora just north of T.O they have some interesting designs
    I Ride, I Know