Online Bike Shops- Mtbr.com
    Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012

Online Bike Shops

So I'm in the market for a new bike, but at the moment I'm on a bit of a budget (that really sucks) and I went to the bike show yesterday found 1 or 2 pretty decent deals, but I'd like to see how good of a deal they actually are. I'd like to try finding those same bikes online to order to see if the price at the show was as good as it is gonna get.

I don't trust that the prices are the best I can get cause the LBS I have been going to lied to me and now I don't know who to trust. I went to my LBS about 2 weeks prior to yesterdays show, I've been looking at a carve (the guy ordered in an 23" frame for me even tho I wasnt buying) the retail at the shop was $1599 plus tax. So I went there worked out a package deal, $1500 flat, no tax for the carve then couple hundred more for some pedals and shoes. But anyways we got to talking about other stuff and he seemed very genuine. I felt good about what he was telling me so I just asked him point blank if I wait till the show will I get a better deal. He told me, no. He's been doing the show for years and the price wont be any better and they wont offer me the years of service for the bike. I believed him, but didnt buy at that time. I go to the show yesterday the exact bike (23" crave) was there at the show for $1199 with the servicing warranty. So I was like WTF, he fully lied to me. So I'm not really in a hurry to give them my continued business anymore. If they wanna play those games I can give my money to people who don't lie.

Besides jensonusa, anyone know I couple sites online I can shop and check prices?

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGK View Post
    So I'm in the market for a new bike, but at the moment I'm on a bit of a budget (that really sucks) and I went to the bike show yesterday found 1 or 2 pretty decent deals, but I'd like to see how good of a deal they actually are. I'd like to try finding those same bikes online to order to see if the price at the show was as good as it is gonna get.

I don't trust that the prices are the best I can get cause the LBS I have been going to lied to me and now I don't know who to trust. I went to my LBS about 2 weeks prior to yesterdays show, I've been looking at a carve (the guy ordered in an 23" frame for me even tho I wasnt buying) the retail at the shop was $1599 plus tax. So I went there worked out a package deal, $1500 flat, no tax for the carve then couple hundred more for some pedals and shoes. But anyways we got to talking about other stuff and he seemed very genuine. I felt good about what he was telling me so I just asked him point blank if I wait till the show will I get a better deal. He told me, no. He's been doing the show for years and the price wont be any better and they wont offer me the years of service for the bike. I believed him, but didnt buy at that time. I go to the show yesterday the exact bike (23" crave) was there at the show for $1199 with the servicing warranty. So I was like WTF, he fully lied to me. So I'm not really in a hurry to give them my continued business anymore. If they wanna play those games I can give my money to people who don't lie.

Besides jensonusa, anyone know I couple sites online I can shop and check prices?
    Let Google be your friend...

Yet you need to grow up a bit. That show price + HST is only $150 less than the LBS net price, and the LBS has to pay rent, utilities, inventory costs, plus the sales guy lives on commision, something the on-line vendors don't need to pay. The LBS will also look after warranty adjustments, fit issues.

So, don't support a full-line, full-service LBS if you want trade show or on-line prices, but don't accuse them of lying...they're just trying to make a living.

The only reason those bikes are marked down at the show is because they didn't sell at the LBS. I think that I know the LBS you speak of (only a few stores sell this badge)...I've bought 4 bikes from him, all at his store and am very happy with the price and service.

So, just a long way of saying that if you're not happy with free market capitalism, please move to a Commie country...lots of great bikes in Cuba and North Korea.

I dd what you see there.
    cyclepath.ca has a decent number of items in their "store" however their bike selection appears to be limited to only Giant and Trek.

As for the guy that 'lied' to you, unless he's a swami or it was his own store that had the cheaper price than he told you, you can't really be too upset with him, because how is he supposed to know what some other place is going to offer their stock for at the bike show? He can offer past experience etc, but the fact is things change. For 5 years no one beat their prices, until this year - such is life.

If you purchased the bike from them before the show and then found out you got burned at the show and went back to the store to ask for a rebate or price match and they told you to pound salt, I can understand your frustration, otherwise just be happy you got a better deal and who can blame you for saving a couple hundred bucks?
    2002 Cannondale Jekyll 800
    2011 Trek Cronus CX Ultimate

mtbr member
    Let me google that for you

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    cyclepath.ca has a decent number of items in their "store" however their bike selection appears to be limited to only Giant and Trek.

As for the guy that 'lied' to you, unless he's a swami or it was his own store that had the cheaper price than he told you, you can't really be too upset with him, because how is he supposed to know what some other place is going to offer their stock for at the bike show? He can offer past experience etc, but the fact is things change. For 5 years no one beat their prices, until this year - such is life.

If you purchased the bike from them before the show and then found out you got burned at the show and went back to the store to ask for a rebate or price match and they told you to pound salt, I can understand your frustration, otherwise just be happy you got a better deal and who can blame you for saving a couple hundred bucks?
    ...reminds me of an LBS in Toronto's west end that advertised "Lowest Price Guaranteed, Will not be Undersold"! on a certain brand.

When required to prove the claim, they pulled out a disclaimer that said that they price-matched only within a 50km radius of their store, somewhat meaningless south of their store as they are close to the lake. However, because of licencing agreements, there were no other stores that sold this brand within 50km.

However, they did not lie...

Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01 View Post
    Let Google be your friend...

Yet you need to grow up a bit. That show price + HST is only $150 less than the LBS net price, and the LBS has to pay rent, utilities, inventory costs, plus the sales guy lives on commision, something the on-line vendors don't need to pay. The LBS will also look after warranty adjustments, fit issues.

So, don't support a full-line, full-service LBS if you want trade show or on-line prices, but don't accuse them of lying...they're just trying to make a living.

The only reason those bikes are marked down at the show is because they didn't sell at the LBS. I think that I know the LBS you speak of (only a few stores sell this badge)...I've bought 4 bikes from him, all at his store and am very happy with the price and service.

So, just a long way of saying that if you're not happy with free market capitalism, please move to a Commie country...lots of great bikes in Cuba and North Korea.
    Don't accuse them of lying? So him telling me the complete opposite of what the reality was is not lying? I understand how a business needs to operate and function, I'm not a first time customer of theres either, I bought a previous mtb from them, and been then several times this year getting service/parts from them too. "don't accuse them of lying...there just trying to make a living" is your response. Well then my friend, its sad that you accept being told non truths to get your business. He coulda told me yes the bike might be on sale at the show, but it might get sold before hand, at least then he isn't lying and I am better informed with the truth. And I would have bought the bike at the show from him so I still would have supported them. Theres a right way to do business and theres a sneaky way.

And just so you know, the price different was $300. They were going to do no tax at the show or at the store, and right now I'm not pulling in millions so $300 is a lot to me.

And what should be more important to them is they now have potentially lost a returning customer. Maybe I do need to grow up a bit, but Ive been in sales jobs, I've worked retail I know the costs involved, but to me honesty/trust go a long way.

Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Same guy, same store. I went to there store first, 2 weeks before the show, asked him specifically if this exact bike would be cheaper at the show. His response to me was "no, I have been at the show for several years now, come find us at the show and you will see the bike for no cheaper and we dont offer our free service when you buy the bike at the show". I go to the show and wrong the exact bike was there, $300 less with there service guarantee.

I'm sorry but he lied. bottom line. When I was in store all he had to say was I dont know if this particular bike will be cheaper at the show, it may or may not. I can live with that, cause maybe he didnt know, but at least he's being honest.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Don't accuse them of lying? So him telling me the complete opposite of what the reality was is not lying? I understand how a business needs to operate and function, I'm not a first time customer of theres either, I bought a previous mtb from them, and been then several times this year getting service/parts from them too. "don't accuse them of lying...there just trying to make a living" is your response. Well then my friend, its sad that you accept being told non truths to get your business. He coulda told me yes the bike might be on sale at the show, but it might get sold before hand, at least then he isn't lying and I am better informed with the truth. And I would have bought the bike at the show from him so I still would have supported them. Theres a right way to do business and theres a sneaky way.

And just so you know, the price different was $300. They were going to do no tax at the show or at the store, and right now I'm not pulling in millions so $300 is a lot to me.

And what should be more important to them is they now have potentially lost a returning customer. Maybe I do need to grow up a bit, but Ive been in sales jobs, I've worked retail I know the costs involved, but to me honesty/trust go a long way.
    Jeez...I've read and reread your post and can't unterstand what you're trying to say. Maybe too much stuff in there, maybe nothing, but you seem to understand their point of view, so I'm happy.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    If you had bought the bike at the store then it would not have been at the show for that price - so technically he was not lying. He's a salesman, what do you expect. Have fun when you go to buy a car.
    What I don't understand is you negotiated what you thought was a good deal and didn't buy the bike. Then invested the time, effort and money to go to the show, found a great deal and STILL didn't buy the bike.
    The show prices are gone now and probably most of the inventory.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Same guy, same store. I went to there store first, 2 weeks before the show, asked him specifically if this exact bike would be cheaper at the show. His response to me was "no, I have been at the show for several years now, come find us at the show and you will see the bike for no cheaper and we dont offer our free service when you buy the bike at the show". I go to the show and wrong the exact bike was there, $300 less with there service guarantee.

I'm sorry but he lied. bottom line. When I was in store all he had to say was I dont know if this particular bike will be cheaper at the show, it may or may not. I can live with that, cause maybe he didnt know, but at least he's being honest.
    You seem to not understand the concept of retail, competition, and market share. The first thing the people do at these shows do is check their competitions' selling prices and adjust theirs accordingly. Some actually raise their prices after they set up.

No one knows the final selling price until they set up, and the price goes down as the closing bell approaches. I've found my best deals at the LBS the day after they unpack the leftovers...got a nice Scott road bile for about 75% off the original price one year...got my dayghter a SJ FSR Elite at 66% off the reduced price.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    If you had bought the bike at the store then it would not have been at the show for that price - so technically he was not lying. He's a salesman, what do you expect. Have fun when you go to buy a car.
    What I don't understand is you negotiated what you thought was a good deal and didn't buy the bike. Then invested the time, effort and money to go to the show, found a great deal and STILL didn't buy the bike.
    Yep, the ealy bird gets the worm...however, the second mouse gets the cheese.

Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    My problem is I am too gullible, I believe what I'm told.

Yea the bike show kinda screwed me, cause I woulda bought the carve at what was a great price, not gonna lie. But the problem, I was originally thinking of buying a carve for 1500, but at the show it was 1200, then I found a stuntjumper for 1575, and I looked it over and thought why not go for a better bike if I was willing to spend the 1500 originally. Then I found an even better bike for 1800. I got carried away, lol I shoulda bought that carve cause it was a good price, but for a couple more bucks I coulda got better components so I just couldnt make up my mind. then I left with no bike

mtbr Decade+
    I bought my first real bicycle online. I thought I had done my homework on pricing, grouppo's, brakes, wheels, etc.

Doh! I forgot sizing. I ordered a 2001 K2 Razorback Team that was a fantastic deal. I ordered a medium, which turned out to be a 16.5" frame! A very small medium.

My lovely Wife got a $4000 bike, absolutely free.

I find bike shops are bursting with season ending deals in the fall. Find the closest proximity/best service combination for your needs and establish a relationship with that LBS. There are also great deals online, but I wouldn't recommend, especially for a first bike.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

mtbr member
    If you had of bought from your LBS for the price you negotiated, you would of had no reason to go to the bike show and drive yourself crazy. You would of been happy with your purchase and maybe out riding right now instead of complaining about your experience.
    Friends don't let friends cheer for the TML

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Someone touched on it but I'll repeat it.. Salesmen don't set the price and show prices depend on interest in the product. At the end of the day its better to go home with an empty truck than an empty cash drawer.

Workin for the weekend!
    I dunno, when I read a thread like this all I think is the Fast, Good or Cheap triangle.

Project management triangle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone who thinks they can reinvent this method is cheating, it'll only catch up with you. If you're ok to risk a missed opportunity please don't bellyache about it with your razor sharp hindsight.

Buy the bike you want, ride it. Build some rapport with you LBS for service and put yourself in a better position to negotiate when you go looking for the next ride.

sock puppet

i don't get you

as JM01 pointed out:

you negotiated what you believe was a GOOD DEAL at $1500 all in. you didn't buy the bike, though you negotiated what you said was a GOOD DEAL for you... WTF? why were you negotiating if you didn't want to buy? that is as dishonest as you are trying to blame the shop for.

then you go to the bike show and the bike is even cheaper. you STILL don't buy it. (are you sure the show was a "no tax" event?). by the way - maybe some other shop put a pressure on your LBS with some low pricing and your LBS HAD TO lower the price on that particular bike - decision made at the show, no intention of "lying". Also - which retailer, under their sane state of mind will say - "oh sure, i'll give it to you at $1500 now, which is a good deal as you say, but don't buy it now - come to the bike show and it will be cheaper..."

really - what kind of job did you do in sales, again?

at the end of the day - you are not the customer that any LBS would want, to be honest. i hope you are a good wrench, for your own sake, as i don't see you being successful in building a fair relationship with any LBS. you will always find a reason to declare any shop this or that, but really - your reasoning is not very sound...

it's your money though... do what you think is right...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I echo what the others are saying as well, and to bring up another option, if you want really good bang for your buck, why not buy used? If money is truly tight but you want great quality, there are always bikes out there for sale for fractions of retail. Im always blown away by how little I can get for my near mint full XTR bikes after 4 months of riding(size medium btw) (cough)

sock puppet

what he said ^ ^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by swabag View Post
    I echo what the others are saying as well, and to bring up another option, if you want really good bang for your buck, why not buy used? If money is truly tight but you want great quality, there are always bikes out there for sale for fractions of retail. Im always blown away by how little I can get for my near mint full XTR bikes after 4 months of riding(size medium btw) (cough)
    this is the way i purchased my first high end bike, and then few more after that.

swbag is certainly a reliable source for top quality bikes - that can be had for way less than their real value... totally recommended.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    As the resident Dirt Bag and specialist in cutting costs. I third the Oggie and Swbag recommendation. Especially in these times of enforced fiscal restraint.

Used is a good way to go. EBay and Pinkbike are useful.

Used 29er Bikes - Page 1 - Pinkbike Buy&Sell

Good options there between $500-$1000 Only one to steer clear of is the GT Peace 9r... handles like a shopping cart with clapped out wheels. Reality is that if one wants to swap out parts there are so many riders swapping out for newer shinier parts or after using it for a while don't like the part that you could pretty much get every part of pinkbike or EBay for upgrades or replacement.
    Last edited by Enduramil; 10-15-2012 at 12:44 PM.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    as JM01 pointed out:

you negotiated what you believe was a GOOD DEAL at $1500 all in. you didn't buy the bike, though you negotiated what you said was a GOOD DEAL for you... WTF? why were you negotiating if you didn't want to buy? that is as dishonest as you are trying to blame the shop for.

then you go to the bike show and the bike is even cheaper. you STILL don't buy it. (are you sure the show was a "no tax" event?). by the way - maybe some other shop put a pressure on your LBS with some low pricing and your LBS HAD TO lower the price on that particular bike - decision made at the show, no intention of "lying". Also - which retailer, under their sane state of mind will say - "oh sure, i'll give it to you at $1500 now, which is a good deal as you say, but don't buy it now - come to the bike show and it will be cheaper..."

really - what kind of job did you do in sales, again?

at the end of the day - you are not the customer that any LBS would want, to be honest. i hope you are a good wrench, for your own sake, as i don't see you being successful in building a fair relationship with any LBS. you will always find a reason to declare any shop this or that, but really - your reasoning is not very sound...

it's your money though... do what you think is right...
    I agree...the point of negotiating is to get what you want, then follow through and close the deal.

I can imagine how the poor sales person thought of his experience. Making the best deal possible at the LBS, ordering the frame (23" not that easy to sell), then giving him a better deal at the show.

I'm sure that if he posted his thoughts about this customer, he'd be put on the banned wagon.

There's two sides to every deal, the best negotiator always wins. However, in the process, it's understood that both parties will follow through. Imagine if the customer had accepted the deal and the LBS refused to honour the price.

After years on both sides of the desk...his OP makes me cringe, hence the assertive response.

Anyway Oggie, I'm off to Cuba to do some biking in the hills around Holguin, then 4 months around Daytona Beach but taking my Trek 7.5fx with a rack and panniers...Mrs. M. is on her Trek 7500 (mini-van).

Back in May.

sock puppet

i rode the area - it is AWESOME

we were in Plaja Pesquero - about 50k south of Holguin... rolling hills and pretty smooth roads... it is ranked top 10 in the world for winter training...

you will enjoy it for sure...

I agree...the point of negotiating is to get what you want, then follow through and close the deal.

I can imagine how the poor sales person thought of his experience. Making the best deal possible at the LBS, ordering the frame (23" not that easy to sell), then giving him a better deal at the show.

I'm sure that if he posted his thoughts about this customer, he'd be put on the banned wagon.

There's two sides to every deal, the best negotiator always wins. However, in the process, it's understood that both parties will follow through. Imagine if the customer had accepted the deal and the LBS refused to honour the price.

After years on both sides of the desk...his OP makes me cringe, hence the assertive response.

Anyway Oggie, I'm off to Cuba to do some biking in the hills around Holguin, then 4 months around Daytona Beach but taking my Trek 7.5fx with a rack and panniers...Mrs. M. is on her Trek 7500 (mini-van).

Back in May.

banned
    Mar 2005
    we were in Plaja Pesquero - about 50k south of Holguin... rolling hills and pretty smooth roads... it is ranked top 10 in the world for winter training...

Thanks...we fly out next week...staying in Guardalavaca. Will post pics when we're back in Canada, but really looking forward to Daytona...it's a good base to do all of Florida but we want to back to Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi, had a lot fun there last year. Maybe do Mardi Gras in NO again. No beads for Mrs. M. this year!

Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012

Back in May.

I'm not fully explaining myself properly I think here so I understand why some of you are thinking I'm in the wrong. I'm not going to argue this any more, just thought I'd say a few things.

1) I went in to my LBS months ago to ask about the carve, if they carried it, was it a good bike and possibly see it in person. Never did I once tell the LBS I wanted to order it. The next time I went into the shop, he pulled me aside and said look what I ordered for you, then shows me the carve in a 23". I told him right then and there I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, but I never said I wanted to buy it. He said he knew that. He ordered it in for his stock, not specifically for me.

2) He didn't give ME a better deal at the show, he marked the bike down for anyone. It was not like I was getting a special price at the bike show, it was the same price for anyone.

3) I never really negotiated a deal with them, in fact when I was there getting my current mtb serviced (weeks before the show) he told me, he'd do no tax on the bike. I didn't ask for it, I wasnt bargaining with him then, he just came out with it.

If I could explain in person the entire story then maybe some people might think the same way as me, or maybe not. I have not mentioned any names, nor will I. My aim here is not to give someone a bad rep. I am really just trying to find the right bike for me at the best possible price. For anyone who has contributed to this thread in a positive way, I appreciate your comments/tips, to the others everyone has a right to their own opinion.

banned
    Mar 2005
    I'm not fully explaining myself properly I think here so I understand why some of you are thinking I'm in the wrong. I'm not going to argue this any more, just thought I'd say a few things.

1) I went in to my LBS months ago to ask about the carve, if they carried it, was it a good bike and possibly see it in person. Never did I once tell the LBS I wanted to order it. The next time I went into the shop, he pulled me aside and said look what I ordered for you, then shows me the carve in a 23". I told him right then and there I'm sorry if you misunderstood me, but I never said I wanted to buy it. He said he knew that. He ordered it in for his stock, not specifically for me.

2) He didn't give ME a better deal at the show, he marked the bike down for anyone. It was not like I was getting a special price at the bike show, it was the same price for anyone.

3) I never really negotiated a deal with them, in fact when I was there getting my current mtb serviced (weeks before the show) he told me, he'd do no tax on the bike. I didn't ask for it, I wasnt bargaining with him then, he just came out with it.

If I could explain in person the entire story then maybe some people might think the same way as me, or maybe not. I have not mentioned any names, nor will I. My aim here is not to give someone a bad rep. I am really just trying to find the right bike for me at the best possible price. For anyone who has contributed to this thread in a positive way, I appreciate your comments/tips, to the others everyone has a right to their own opinion.
    So what you're saying is that you never negotiated with them, didn't follow through on the deal, and lied to them.

You essentially wasted everyone's time, you're what are called "Looky-Loos"...waste everyones' time especially those on commision based compensation, then whine about getting your feelings hurt.

You summed it up in one line... 3) I never really negotiated a deal with them, in fact when I was there getting my current mtb serviced (weeks before the show) he told me, he'd do no tax on the bike. I didn't ask for it, I wasnt bargaining with him then, he just came out with it.

So why are you complaining? You got more than you deserved. But why that stupid OP?...you really didn't make a deal and they didn't lie.

Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012
    So what you're saying is that you never negotiated with them, didn't follow through on the deal, and lied to them.

You essentially wasted everyone's time, you're what are called "Looky-Loos"...waste everyones' time especially those on commision based compensation, then whine about getting your feelings hurt.

You summed it up in one line... 3) I never really negotiated a deal with them, in fact when I was there getting my current mtb serviced (weeks before the show) he told me, he'd do no tax on the bike. I didn't ask for it, I wasnt bargaining with him then, he just came out with it.

So why are you complaining? You got more than you deserved. But why that stupid OP?...you really didn't make a deal and they didn't lie.

Right, I didn't follow through on a deal because I never set one up, sure I talked price cause I was looking at the bike. As most people would do with any product they look at in a store.

Also please tell me when I lied to them? Did I ask them to order that bike in, No.

Yes I did probably wasted the guys time at the store, we did look at the bike, we did speak about it and I did not purchase it. So essentially your correct, but is that not what the employees are there for? To assist customers, or I can only go speak to them if I am buying that bike right then?

I'll say it one more time, the reason I say he lied to me was because I asked him directly if that bike would go any cheaper (especially at the bike show) and he firmly replied to me that it would not. Was it cheaper at the show YES. Hence the lie. Had he said it may go cheaper, or he didn't know what the price would be, or if it was even going to be available at the show then I'd agree with you, there was no lie. But I specifically asked about it and he gave me a very specific and definitive answer which turned out to be the complete opposite. I'm so confused how this is not considered a lie. He's not just a sales rep for this shop either, so that cannot be used as an excuse.

I don't get why your trying to make me out to be the bad guy here. Why are you so persistent in trying to make me think I was wrong for anything. I must be messed up or I cant type correctly cause to me its clear, this person was not being 100% honest. I guess you think differently then I, so to each there own.

GAME ON!
    lying would indicate intent to deceive. his explanation of the situation was AT THE TIME the absolute truth. unforseen circumstances later rendered this statement to be untrue, but not outright deceitful. there was no intention to deceive. i don't think anybody intends to give huge discounts on their products unless the situation dictates it;

suppose you go to future shop to buy an xbox. you ask the clerk if they they will go on sale soon. he says no and a week later they show up in the flyer at a discounted price. this is not a lie. perhaps the salesman would have been better off hedging the issue and simply saying "i don't know" but that is neither here nor there.

but at the end of the day you still have no bike.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

Rep'n the 905
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    lying would indicate intent to deceive. his explanation of the situation was AT THE TIME the absolute truth. unforseen circumstances later rendered this statement to be untrue, but not outright deceitful. there was no intention to deceive. i don't think anybody intends to give huge discounts on their products unless the situation dictates it;

suppose you go to future shop to buy an xbox. you ask the clerk if they they will go on sale soon. he says no and a week later they show up in the flyer at a discounted price. this is not a lie. perhaps the salesman would have been better off hedging the issue and simply saying "i don't know" but that is neither here nor there.

but at the end of the day you still have no bike.

I agree with you completely.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Didnt read all the post but unless this guy was the owner of the bike shop then im guessing he doesnt set the pricing. He would go off a formula/percentage that he is allowed to sell down to. Maybe he was lying, maybe he wasnt. Needless to say, we are all looking for the best deal and at the same time, LBSs need to make money as its a BUSINESS.

If you want a deal from a bike shop, become a regular customer and show loyalty. Thats the only way you will get a consistent good deal. If you dont want to go that route, buy online.

banned
    Mar 2005

I'll never know...Hurricane Sandy hit on the 23'rd, the entire Holguin area was declared "uninhabitable"...no riding in the hills, but we managed to get out on the road twice until the army insisted that we stop interfering with the clean up efforts.

Funny thing is that we got flown out on November 3'rd on a Czech plane chartered by the UN refugee rescue agency. No exit signs...just Východ. I'm the only passenger that understood.

Weird.

After the storm:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Online Bike Shops-beach-4.jpg  

Online Bike Shops-um-bike2.jpg  

Online Bike Shops-beach-20.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0