OMG, Domestique has closed- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

OMG, Domestique has closed

Went by yesterday and was disappointed it wasn't open.
    Just saw this in the paper:
    Dundas café bids farewell with New Year?s Eve bash

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec
    Beginning February 15, that's where Hines will run a coffee cart out of The Mattamy National Cycling Centre (which has its first event this weekend) on weekends and during cycling events.

Eventually Hines will have a permanent location in the velodrome
    The backup plan comes forth?
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

Lemmy Rules!
    I spoke to Krys about this about a week ago. He's just come to the conclusion that Cafe Domestique, in its current configuration, is simply not sustainable as a profitable business in the long term - the building simply does not have the capacity. He's been offered a really good opportunity as program director of a local charity called bikeformike.org so he's basically going out on his own terms.

And yes, he does have some plans for the future. I don't know how he would feel about me posting them here on a public forum but suffice it to say that at some point in the future, we may all have a new cycling destination. Let's hope...
    Strava made me do it....

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued View Post
    I spoke to Krys about this about a week ago. He's just come to the conclusion that Cafe Domestique, in its current configuration, is simply not sustainable as a profitable business in the long term - the building simply does not have the capacity. He's been offered a really good opportunity as program director of a local charity called bikeformike.org so he's basically going out on his own terms.

And yes, he does have some plans for the future. I don't know how he would feel about me posting them here on a public forum but suffice it to say that at some point in the future, we may all have a new cycling destination. Let's hope...
    Thanks for the info.

mtbr Decade+
    Dark day indeed. I wish Krys the best with future endeavors and hope to get a cup off him at the velodrome soon.
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

rad to the power of sick
    Yea this sucks. At least butter tart comas pre-Sydenham are no longer an issue.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    If butter tarts are what you're looking for, there are some great ones at the TOP of Sydenham at Dyment's. The coffee and community just aren't the same though. If things go well, there's a chance he could be back by summertime in a better location... In the meantime, BikeforMike is lucky to have him.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    After a cold ride up at Christie, it hurts to drive through Dundas knowing that there won't be a glass of craft beer and hot chili on the way home.
    Will miss beer after rail trail rides this summer. Plus the rail trail alternate beer location, Crabby Joe's, burned down last year.

Team NFI
    Mar 2007
    SO...how ill this effect the Tour De Caffeine?