OLN channel in Ontario ?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New question here. OLN channel in Ontario ?

Is it worth to get the OLN channel in Ontario ? How much do you pay ? Do you guys know of other outdoor channel ? I want to watch MTB race or any MTB program.

Mar 2004
    My basic satellite package has already included OLN so I donít have to pay extra. But if you do have to pay to get it, don't border. It used to be my favourite channels, but now OLN just plain sucks. Good shows like Ride Guide, Warren Miller TV, Drop In are now showed on the Extreme Sports channel. What replaced are those boring bull riding and dog shows. The only thing still worth watching is Cyclism on Sunday (cover mainly road race but does have a few updates on UCI mtb races). I still watch Pilot Guide sometimes; the only show that still feels like OLN. At least they still have full coverage on the Tour de France.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New question here. Does extreme sport channel broadcast MTB races?

aw, man. That's too bad. I guess the quality of Cdn channels has dropped significantly. Does extreme sport channel cover races like sea otter or other races in the US or UK? Doesn't the TV network provide coverage of pro races anymore ?
    Last edited by Picard; 04-29-2005 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add info

Mar 2004
    Seriously, even the Extreme Sports Channel is just another excuse for cable company to rip a few dollars more off your pocket. Like all specialty channels, they keep boardcasting those same programs over, over and OVER again. The only mtb races I caught on ESC are those UCI races that held each year at the Mont St. Anne bike festival. But even those local (Canadian) events it'll took them a fews month after the event to put it on screen. Most races I watched are old races. They do have lots of skateboard stuff though, especially on the weekend, but just not my cup of tea. BTW I only paid 2.50 each month for it so it isn't that bad after all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    ok, thanks for the tip esmundo. I won't subscribe to outdoor channel.

I already rode that
    OLN Canada SUCKS!
    Should rename it to The Outdoor stuff and fishing channel show. If you can get the US OLN I hear its better well used to be as well but dont know about lately.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Oln

Agree with the above poster. Outdoor Life Network Canada has very little to do with the outdoors or life anymore.

Road racing coverage is a nice change, though.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    OLN is good for cycling, but not mountain biking.

They have cycling coverage every Sunday night, with the Giro they have coverage on Saturdays and Sundays...and of course every day for the Tour De France.

Extreme has some mountain biking coverage, maybe 2 x 30 minute shows a week.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Forget what I said, OLN just pissed me off. I've been watching cycling coverage every Sunday night and lately they've been pumping up the Giro that's on for the month of May; coverage every Sat/Sun for 2 hours each. Well I just found out that Canada OLN didn't get the rights to this...

Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    OLN is good for cycling, but not mountain biking.

They have cycling coverage every Sunday night, with the Giro they have coverage on Saturdays and Sundays...and of course every day for the Tour De France.

Extreme has some mountain biking coverage, maybe 2 x 30 minute shows a week.

Mar 2004
    As 800-gorilla said, they have nothing to do with outdoor or life anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    Forget what I said, OLN just pissed me off. I've been watching cycling coverage every Sunday night and lately they've been pumping up the Giro that's on for the month of May; coverage every Sat/Sun for 2 hours each. Well I just found out that Canada OLN didn't get the rights to this...