• 01-07-2015
    singlesprocket
    The Official 2015 Blue Mountain Thread
    well, it's time to start counting the days till opening... 5 months to go... sad face... but have to train, pick up new gear, wrench the bike or buy a bike for the season...

things that i have to get for 2015:

-new dh pack
    -fullface (mine is expired)
    -dh bike
    -platform pedals

already picked up my early bird pass
  • 01-07-2015
    Terranaut
    I just bought a FF helmet today. Giro Remedy. I have the pack, the DH bike and platforms. Now I need some knee and elbow pads. I live to far to warrant buying a season pass...or at least I think. how much is a day pass?

Also bought a Hero4 today to record my fun ;)
  • 01-07-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Terranaut View Post
    I just bought a FF helmet today. Giro Remedy. I have the pack, the DH bike and platforms. Now I need some knee and elbow pads. I live to far to warrant buying a season pass...or at least I think. how much is a day pass?

Also bought a Hero4 today to record my fun ;)

You're off to a good start :)

Last year season pass was $169
    Day pass if purchased on site was $38
    If purchased on line the price was $26

Blue announced at the end of season that passes would increase a bit for 2015
    If you go at least 5 times it's cheaper than a day pass
  • 01-07-2015
    Terranaut
    Well I doubt I will be able to go there 5 times this year. I live in Kitchener so it's a bit of a drive for me. I have a week off in June that my wife has to work so maybe I can do a couple days in a row then.
  • 01-08-2015
    singlesprocket
    1 Attachment(s)
    looking at these pedals for dh:

Attachment 953746
  • 01-08-2015
    shantyspark
    I am stoked for the 2015 season. Right at the end of this season I bought a new rear shock that i only got to ride on once and after it ended I finally got replacement brake levers to replace the one I bent during the summer. Should be a good season.

For flat pedals, I recommend some DMR Vaults. I have been riding a set for over 4 years (including a BC Bike race and training) and they are still going strong. Easy to rebuild in less than 15 minutes and have only had to do it twice in that time. they run on a DU bushing and a sealed bearing which are both going strong still as well. I wear the older version of the 510 impacts and have yet to ever slip a pedal, well worth the money for them.
  • 01-08-2015
    singlesprocket
    what rear shock are you running shantyspark? thanks for the input on pedals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantyspark View Post
    I am stoked for the 2015 season. Right at the end of this season I bought a new rear shock that i only got to ride on once and after it ended I finally got replacement brake levers to replace the one I bent during the summer. Should be a good season.

For flat pedals, I recommend some DMR Vaults. I have been riding a set for over 4 years (including a BC Bike race and training) and they are still going strong. Easy to rebuild in less than 15 minutes and have only had to do it twice in that time. they run on a DU bushing and a sealed bearing which are both going strong still as well. I wear the older version of the 510 impacts and have yet to ever slip a pedal, well worth the money for them.

• 01-08-2015
    Terranaut
    I was lucky enough to have my LBS let me try out a few pedals on a bike in store to test the feel. I hated the flats with a high spot in the middle where the axle is. I ended up going with the Saints over quite a few others. I found the foot position over the pins to be the best. When I got mine home I tried them leaving the factory spacers in. They sucked for grip but once I pulled them out and added the outside pins they grip perfectly. I love them. Not as light as others but the overall feel more than made up for it.
  • 01-08-2015
    Greg_o
    When does Showcase open?

Sorry just wanted to be the first this year to ask.

I'm a fan of Spank Spike pedals, nice wide narrow flats with adjustable grip.
  • 01-08-2015
    shantyspark
    I was on a budget so I went with an 09 Roco World Cup air. It felt nice on the one day I got on it. Much nice than the Roco R coil I had before. Wanted air as I like the adjustability of it as I can now make my Faith more pedal friendly when I want to take it out to Three stage for some fun there. It was actually a new take off that never got used but it still started leaking air slowly this winter so I need to do a rebuild. It's what I get for going cheap. Would have loved to have gotten a vivid air but couldn't find one cheap enough.
  • 01-08-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    When does Showcase open?

Ha! I'm hoping for a May 15th opening.... that's 126 days :)

Re pedals I have the Canfield Crampon Ultimates. My feet felt glued to the pedals

Quote:

Originally Posted by shantyspark View Post
    I am stoked for the 2015 season.

For flat pedals, I recommend some DMR Vaults. .

I'm not in the market yet for pedals but I'll have to check these out !
  • 01-08-2015
    singlesprocket
    can't wait...
    <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/68931751" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/68931751">my summer on a bike</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3593422">single sprocket</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Quote:

When does Showcase open?

• 01-08-2015
    singlesprocket
    practicing my downhill technique in the snow...

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/114348941" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/114348941">dec112014</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3593422">single sprocket</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  • 01-09-2015
    giveitall14
    Hey Terranaut, it's not to bad of a drive up to blue from Kitchener the scenery is nice, I come up from Woodstock area at least 2-3 a month.

As for my plans I'm currently getting a 2013 Norco Aurum LE built up, It will be a slow process hoping mid summer I got a sweet deal on the frame when I was in whistler then grad school hit so taking my time with that, going to continue riding my Six until she's ready to go
  • 01-09-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by giveitall14 View Post
    Hey Terranaut, it's not to bad of a drive up to blue from Kitchener the scenery is nice, I come up from Woodstock area at least 2-3 a month.

As for my plans I'm currently getting a 2013 Norco Aurum LE built up, It will be a slow process hoping mid summer I got a sweet deal on the frame when I was in whistler then grad school hit so taking my time with that, going to continue riding my Six until she's ready to go

Welcome to the forum giveitall! It's nice to connect with fellow shredders :)

Singlesprocket and I live in Caledon and the drive to blue is approx 75 to 90 minutes. We ride at blue every weekend (weather permitting)

Post up you build! It will be nice to follow the progress
  • 01-09-2015
    giveitall14
    Haha thanks, I've visted this site infrequently in the past but have been more and more so decided when I seen the blue forum is was time to make an account, It will help me procrastinate during my studies, I should post up the build I just need to figure out how to add photos.

That's a decent commute to blue, mine is about 2- 2.5 hours but I go up the back way I enjoy looking at all the fields and forests on that route
  • 01-09-2015
    singlesprocket
    the drive is not to bad, we enjoy the scenery also. sometimes we stop at a farmers market to pick up some snacks.

Quote:

Haha thanks, I've visted this site infrequently in the past but have been more and more so decided when I seen the blue forum is was time to make an account, It will help me procrastinate during my studies, I should post up the build I just need to figure out how to add photos.

That's a decent commute to blue, mine is about 2- 2.5 hours but I go up the back way I enjoy looking at all the fields and forests on that route

• 01-09-2015
    Terranaut
    The keybword there was "we". My wife is not able to ride so I am on my own. Taking off to Blue every weekend never does any good for a marriage.
  • 01-09-2015
    singlesprocket
    your are left with only one option... get your wife into dh.

Quote:

The keybword there was "we". My wife is not able to ride so I am on my own. Taking off to Blue every weekend never does any good for a marriage.

• 01-10-2015
    Terranaut
    Unfortunately she has serious joint issues and can't ride at all.
  • 01-11-2015
    VR6ix
    Quote:

Well I doubt I will be able to go there 5 times this year. I live in Kitchener so it's a bit of a drive for me. I have a week off in June that my wife has to work so maybe I can do a couple days in a row then.

Getting the Bike Pass has a couple advantages; knowing you have the pass is usually good motivation to get up there and ride more often! You don't have to go inside to buy a day ticket and you can park at the top and just ride down, getting at least 1 run down the hill before having to wait in the lift line lol!

I also drive up from Woodstock, lots of good backroad routes to choose from, make sure the bikes are strapped-down tight if you take the fun roads ;)
  • 01-11-2015
    Terranaut
    I'm 44 with 3 kids. The season is about 20 weeks. For 3 I will be gone on holidays. 5 of the weekends I have to work. My kids play sports. ....I will be lucky if I can get to Blue 4 times without causing marital issues as it is. I might break even on the pass at best.
  • 01-11-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

I'm 44 with 3 kids. The season is about 20 weeks. For 3 I will be gone on holidays. 5 of the weekends I have to work. My kids play sports. ....I will be lucky if I can get to Blue 4 times without causing marital issues as it is. I might break even on the pass at best.

Hope to see you terranaut this dh season. Check weather and trail conditions before you go up. (on the blue website)

If you like you can bring your spouse and kids.... there's plenty to see and do in the Village.

BTW 123 days to go :D
  • 01-12-2015
    giveitall14
    @ VR6ix cool to see another rider from Woodstock that rides blue

@ Terranaut, sorry if it felt we were nagging on you, it is a far drive when there are other commitments involved. Hope to see you up there at some point this summer
  • 01-12-2015
    VR6ix
    Quote:

If you haven't discovered The Pines trails yet, get on that! Ok, it's proper winter outside, but here's a link to the last Woodstock Cycling Thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/eastern-canada/official-all-things-woodstock-mountain-biking-thread-859825.html

Posting that because there is a small group of riders that session a couple sections of the trails on DH bikes. It's not much vertical but it's better than nothing :cool:

In terms of Blue Bump 2015 prep, I really need to find a proper set of shin/knee pads... aaaaaaand finally build-up that old Ellsworth DH frame sitting in the basement, derp! :thumbsup:
  • 01-12-2015
    Terranaut
    Quote:

@ Terranaut, sorry if it felt we were nagging on you, it is a far drive when there are other commitments involved. Hope to see you up there at some point this summer

Didn't feel like that at all. No worries.
    I think we should try ti arrange a MTBR Blue day and as many of us who can go there for a day.

I was out today and the snow is so bad I couldn't even walk my bike to the DH section of my local trail. I did get to try my FF helmet and Gopro. Riding was like trying to pedal through wet concrete. I was spent after only going 3km. Come on spring!!
  • 01-12-2015
    Greg_o
    K I'm seeing all sorts of ski and snowboard tracks down the mtb DH runs at Blue - who is it?!
  • 01-13-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Didn't feel like that at all. No worries.
    I think we should try ti arrange a MTBR Blue day and as many of us who can go there for a day.

I was out today and the snow is so bad I couldn't even walk my bike to the DH section of my local trail. I did get to try my FF helmet and Gopro. Riding was like trying to pedal through wet concrete. I was spent after only going 3km. Come on spring!!

i'd be up for a blue mtbr day. get it semi organized and we can also have a bbq at the top for lunch.
  • 01-13-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

K I'm seeing all sorts of ski and snowboard tracks down the mtb DH runs at Blue - who is it?!

people want to jump the features!
  • 01-13-2015
    giveitall14
    Heck yea I know the Pines, you guys must be sessioning 465 or whatever the number order is
  • 01-13-2015
    Terranaut
    Quote:

Originally Posted by singlesprocket View Post
    i'd be up for a blue mtbr day. get it semi organized and we can also have a bbq at the top for lunch.

How about the first or second weekend in June? I have a June week off and might go during the week= less crowded.
  • 01-14-2015
    silverstick
    typically blue operated fri-sat-sun till the last week of June. not 100% certain for this coming season but am expecting the same.
  • 01-14-2015
    giveitall14
    A blue day would be cool do like a meet and shred kind of thing, and who hasn't rode down the features on skis haha
  • 01-14-2015
    singlesprocket
    2 Attachment(s)
    got our back protector backpacks in... tons of carrying capacity and decent back coverage.

Attachment 955583

Attachment 955584
  • 01-14-2015
    giveitall14
    Cool pack I've been looking at that one recently for doing longer day rides with just not sure how hot it will get with the back protector
  • 01-15-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Cool pack I've been looking at that one recently for doing longer day rides with just not sure how hot it will get with the back protector

it appears to have some air channels, looks about the same as a compression suite or even a camelback
  • 01-15-2015
    Terranaut
    I have been eyeballing a full upper body armour suit at my LBS. On sale, my size but it is hard plastic over soft foam. Not sure I need to be bulletproof as my skill level isn't exactly "pro" level. I got the FF helmet and will get a neck protector, knee/elbow pads and I might stop there. Still kinda up in the air about it. No pun intended.
  • 01-15-2015
    shantyspark
    I think it is good to have upper body protection. I found in my crashes this year, my first year downhilling, I landed on my shoulders a lots as it seem I would head over the bars mostly. I rode without elbow but had body, back, shoulders and biceps covered and of course knee. Only skinned my elbow once in 5 or so falls but hit my shoulders in three of them.
  • 01-15-2015
    Terranaut
    I might get something but not sure I want to look like a Storm trooper wearing a jersey.
  • 01-16-2015
    shantyspark
    Haha, I know what you mean. The one I got is made by TLD and is not hard plastic but uses the D30 type padding. It breathed well and fit under a normal DH jersey quite easily. The one I have is the older model of the one in the link below.

https://www.troyleedesigns.com/products/5230-02
  • 01-16-2015
    Terranaut
    Thats more like it. Some of the other more shirt style pieces I ha e seen seem to focus on the center of the chest. Like a big Superman crest of foam. I might look into those. Thanks for the tip.
  • 01-19-2015
    singlesprocket
    last time i hurt my shoulder it was a partial dislocation in a crash. a body suit wouldn't have helped me. a neck brace is a good idea i think. always wear knee and elbow, since even a small crash can bugger you up with a well placed rock. a full face is a must also. i've also have taken up weight lifting to improve body dynamics and spacial awareness. i find it helps prevent a greater level of injury and speeds recovery for me.
  • 01-19-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

got our back protector backpacks in... tons of carrying capacity and decent back coverage.

Attachment 955583

Attachment 955584

I used my new EVOC pack on 2 icebiking rides this weekend. It rocks! I found it superlight, weight is evenly distributed and it remained solidly in place (did some small drops, and steep sections). I carried extra water, first aid kit, some tools, tube and extra clothing (socks, mitts etc). The sizing was perfect. I'm 5'5'' and my pack is a size small. Great fit. Can't wait to try it for dh :)
  • 01-20-2015
    giveitall14
    That's good to hear, I'm going to further look into those packs
  • 01-20-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Unfortunately she has serious joint issues and can't ride at all.

sorry to hear that, wish her all the best.
  • 01-20-2015
    Terranaut
    Quote:

sorry to hear that, wish her all the best.

Thanks. She has been dealing with it for quite some time. I have taken her riding before and it ended with days of pain so .... I'm out of luck. Just glad she understands my need to ride.
  • 01-20-2015
    mykel
    Quote:

I'm in Tillsonburg and get up as often as I can......more carpool opportunities is always a good thing.
  • 01-21-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Thanks. She has been dealing with it for quite some time. I have taken her riding before and it ended with days of pain so .... I'm out of luck. Just glad she understands my need to ride.

you have a good wife there.
  • 01-21-2015
    singlesprocket
    it appears the official park bike will be giant for 2015
  • 01-21-2015
    mykel
    Wonder what happened to Rocky...they were official for quite a few years no?
  • 01-22-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mykel View Post

that is correct... though giant is a huge company and has lots of clout. one thing i guess will happen is that the wheel platform will change to 27.5 as that is the wheel on the glory. giant could also promote to a greater extent then rocky because of their size and resources. though with all the jumps being built will the 27.5 be the better choice for the more experienced riders?
  • 01-22-2015
    cyclelicious
    I wonder what impact this will have on the skills camp with Wade and Geoff? I think they are sponsored by Rocky
  • 01-22-2015
    aerius
    Quote:

Well, not having a DH bike in their lineup might have something to do with it. Looks like the Flatline and Slayer have been dropped this year, leaving the Altitude as their longest travel bike.
  • 01-22-2015
    mykel
    Odd, there have been quite a few reports of a prototype DH bike being spotted.
    Return to gravity later this year or next?
    Still seems strange if so to let a gap appear....maybe something to do with bike(s) not quite ready and not willing to commit to a run of 26" older models?
  • 01-22-2015
    singlesprocket
    1 Attachment(s)
    here's my enduro rig for blue... as some of you might know, it's the same rig i ran in 2014 with several subtle changes...

Attachment 957842
  • 01-27-2015
    giveitall14
    Nice covert, my buddy also has one fun bikes up at blue, going to be interesting going from a six inch bike to full DH later in the year see how I like it. I've always said six is the way to go for Ontario
  • 02-01-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    Bluemountain reports that riders who purchased their 2015 Season Pass at the end of last season, :

Quote:

will be printed onsite at the Bike Show, and we'll be releasing pricing information as soon as everything is confirmed in February.
    :thumbsup:

Attachment 960565

103 days to go :)
  • 02-08-2015
    singlesprocket
    we are under a hundred till opening
  • 02-08-2015
    Terranaut
    Can't wait !!!
  • 02-10-2015
    singlesprocket
    hopefully it will be a fast spring to dry up the hill
  • 02-10-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    ^ Last season blue opened May 23

This pic is from May 19, 2014 and there were patches of snow .... I am hoping for a May 15 opening this year :) That being said 93 days to go

Attachment 963112
  • 02-16-2015
    cyclelicious
    2 Attachment(s)
    Had a romantic Valentine's Day at Cycle Solutions with singlesprocket checking out my new dh bike... thank you baby!

Just need a few more items and I'll be all set for opening day! 87 days to go.

Attachment 964914

Attachment 964911
  • 02-18-2015
    singlesprocket
    going the have to do a review of that kona operator. though i'm thinking the first mod will be a set of carbon tubeless rims.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    Had a romantic Valentine's Day at Cycle Solutions with singlesprocket checking out my new dh bike... thank you baby!

Just need a few more items and I'll be all set for opening day! 87 days to go.

Attachment 964914

Attachment 964911

• 02-19-2015
    cyclelicious
    Can't wait for the first shake down ride!

She's such a beauty :)

Oh Carbon rims mmmmm! "Be still my beating heart"
  • 02-24-2015
    cyclelicious
    March 6 to 8 for the Toronto International Spring Bike Show

2015 Shows - Toronto International Bicycle Show

Blue should be announcing the price forseason pass soon

A few interesting features and events ;)
  • 02-24-2015
    Gmc55
    Me and my wife are thinking of going to BM this year for a weekend. Is there lots of good trails for easy to intermediate level "we have HT bikes" or is it mostly down hill?Thanks
  • 02-24-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmc55 View Post
    Me and my wife are thinking of going to BM this year for a weekend. Is there lots of good trails for easy to intermediate level "we have HT bikes" or is it mostly down hill?Thanks

You are better off renting dh bikes. You'll have more fun. The ht will just beat you up
  • 02-24-2015
    Gmc55
    Sorry, i meant is there xc trails "easy -intermediate" there also. Were not really interested in the down hill.thanks
  • 02-24-2015
    cyclelicious
    No problem, There is some easy xc trails at the top . It should be ok with ht's
  • 02-24-2015
    stew325
    That operator looks sweet!! I've had a few Konas, and really like the new lineup.
  • 02-24-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stew325 View Post
    That operator looks sweet!! I've had a few Konas, and really like the new lineup.

Thanks stew. I'm stoked on this bike.
  • 02-25-2015
    cyclelicious
    Blue reps have just announced 2015 passes. (TBA on the website Friday)

Bike Show Special - $189
    March 6-8, 2015

Early Bird - $219
    March 9-31, 2015

Spring Special - $249
    April 1-30, 2015

Regular - $309
    starting May 1, 2015

We're glad to have gotten our passes last year during season closer special, as we were imformed that prices would increase
  • 02-25-2015
    Terranaut
    Day pass prices? I should be hitting the slopes there week of June 8th one day during the week and again in July plus hopefully twice in August. So I am shooting for 4 visits. My bike is an old beast and I hope it holds up ;)
  • 02-25-2015
    cyclelicious
    The day pass will also be updated on the website. It was $38 last year... may or may not change
  • 02-26-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    Throwback Thursday:

Blue: May 25, 2009. My first visit to blue and my first time downhilling. I was riding a SC Heckler, new helmet, and gear. I sessioned Embryo all day. At the time it was the only "easy" trail... however it seemed steep and gnarly to a noob. I couldn't wait to go back! And I did :)

Attachment 967772
  • 03-02-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

The day pass will also be updated on the website. It was $38 last year... may or may not change

Day pass has increased slightly to $41
  • 03-02-2015
    Terranaut
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully see you/s in June !!
  • 03-04-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    Opening day for blue is now set for (I hope) May 22 :)

78 more days to go...

Attachment 969790

And more days above 0.... Let it melt Let it melt Let it melt :thumbsup:
  • 03-07-2015
    YYZ
    Picked up this years pass at the bike show today! Their booth at the show had the new glory at it and I asked them what that was all about. Apparently they are fazing out the RM bikes and signed with Giant. I'm trying to get one of my friends who doesn't bike to come this year just so he rents it. I really want to try it out!
  • 03-08-2015
    Luis691
    How much was season pass bike show price?

They're asking 189 online

Quote:

Originally Posted by YYZ View Post
    Picked up this years pass at the bike show today! Their booth at the show had the new glory at it and I asked them what that was all about. Apparently they are fazing out the RM bikes and signed with Giant. I'm trying to get one of my friends who doesn't bike to come this year just so he rents it. I really want to try it out!

• 03-08-2015
    YYZ
    Yep, 189. Was it cheaper at the end of last year?
  • 03-08-2015
    Terranaut
    Looking forward to the big melt this week. I have the March Break off so a little refreeze should make for awesome local trail conditions. Sure can't wait until June for Blue though.
  • 03-08-2015
    silverstick
    Quote:

Yep, 189. Was it cheaper at the end of last year?

Yup. I paid $169 back in October.
  • 03-13-2015
    cyclelicious
    Keep melting! 69 days to go :)
  • 03-13-2015
    mykel
    I heard that there is no guest-pass included with this years seasons pass.
    Can anybody confirm or deny?

They should give day pass as before, but add a dh rental.
    Would be a great way to get others to join in our pastime of throwing ourselves down teh mountain.
  • 03-13-2015
    Terranaut
    I can't wait. Anyone here available to meet up during the week of June 8? I wouldn't mind having someone to follow for my first true DH runs. Got my GoPro this year so I can capture any "mistakes" I might make :)
  • 03-14-2015
    singlesprocket
    we are up most weekends, be happy to shred with you terranaut.
  • 03-19-2015
    cyclelicious
    3 Attachment(s)
    Throwback Thursday

Grab Bag 2012. Singlesprocket built up my Syren, as I felt stronger and could the gnarly advanced trails again
    Attachment 974157

Grab Bag 2012.
    Attachment 974158

Singlesprocket launching it
    Attachment 974159

63 days til blue opens!
  • 03-19-2015
    VR6ix
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

63 days til blue opens!

Still far too long too wait!

Just tonight I pressed-in fresh bearings and re-assembled my (ancient, circa 2004) DH frame. Next is cranks, wheels, fork, drivetrain, brakes, controls... wait that's still a lot of work & a couple missing parts :madman:

Not this bike, it's still rocking and waiting to rip the blue trails at full mach chicken... 7"/6" mini-DH sled, albeit old pic, old set-up :thumbsup:

Attachment 974285
  • 03-20-2015
    Terranaut
    I'll be on a "vintage" bike too...
  • 03-21-2015
    cyclelicious
    2 Attachment(s)
    Brought my new Kona Operator home.

Attachment 974839

Rocket approves :)

Attachment 974840
  • 03-22-2015
    YYZ
    That thing is sweet. All that's left is to mount a basket on the front for your cat.
  • 03-22-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

That thing is sweet. All that's left is to mount a basket on the front for your cat.

Ha! She would have to wear little goggles and a full face :)
  • 03-22-2015
    YYZ
    1 Attachment(s)
    Never mind! Attachment 974878
  • 03-22-2015
    singlesprocket
    1 Attachment(s)
    new wheelset in the works for blue 26"

Attachment 974971
  • 03-22-2015
    YYZ
    Derby wheels look really clean when they're all laced up.
  • 03-22-2015
    Terranaut
    Quote:

Brought my new Kona Operator home.

Attachment 974839

Rocket approves :)

Attachment 974840

Wow nice ride. Just curious why the rear shock is mounted like that as opposed to right side up? Does that not make the preload adjustments hard to do? Maybe I am confusing it with another shock:confused:
  • 03-22-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Wow nice ride. Just curious why the rear shock is mounted like that as opposed to right side up? Does that not make the preload adjustments hard to do? Maybe I am confusing it with another shock:confused:

Thanks T-naut!
    Re the rear shock, it's how Kona set it up. It still needs to be dialed in. I'm happy so far :)
  • 03-22-2015
    VR6ix
    1 Attachment(s)
    Countdown to Blue 2015
    Ran out of parts. But that's a good thing, because

• replaced all 8 pivot bearings
    • rebuilt rear Hadley hub (sorry Chris King but Hadley Hubs are the best)
    • flush & re-pack XT bottom bracket, despite "do not open" warnings... lol
    • mount all the parts I DO have...
    • make a shopping list and hit CRC!

Attachment 975079

*edit... turns out, MTBR is down-sizing photos, regardless of external host or MTBR attachment... or is it just me? Aucking Fwesome :madmax: :nono:
  • 03-24-2015
    Terranaut
    How long is a ride down blue? How many runs on an average day?
  • 03-24-2015
    YYZ
    Weekends its usually damn busy. I remember going on a Tuesday in late August last year and there were only about 20 others. Right when you came down the hill you'd immediately get back on the lift. I can't really say but maybe about 20 runs on an empty day.
  • 03-24-2015
    VR6ix
    Quote:

It's just like skiing at Blue. If you cut across the hill to get to the trail you want (ie. pedal from the lift all the way East to Haole etc) then it's going to take you 10-15 to get back to the lift line. If you bomb down the runs right below the lift, you're back in line in 5-10 mins.

It's a bump, not a mountain... but it's the only thing we've got :thumbsup: Now imagine if Georgian Peaks cut some bike runs into the slopes that they have to work with! :eekster:
  • 03-25-2015
    Greg_o
    Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ix View Post
    Now imagine if Georgian Peaks cut some bike runs into the slopes that they have to work with! :eekster:

Never mind their $4000 yearly membership..
  • 03-25-2015
    mykel
    On a normal day, with splitting the runs between Showcase / O-chute by the lift and Haole / H20 at the far end - I get about a dozen runs.
    The cross-country ride across the top is what does me in.
  • 03-26-2015
    cyclelicious
    4 Attachment(s)
    Throw Back Thursday! Who we saw at blue

Tippie 2012
    Attachment 976009

Gully 2014
    Attachment 976006

Elvis 2014
    Attachment 976007

Murdock and Trail Head 2013
    Attachment 976008

Searching for my Godfather pic :)... oh and Sam Roberts!

Who will we see this year? :)
  • 03-26-2015
    YYZ
    I can't believe you guys saw Brett Tippie, he seems like such an awesome guy. What was he doing in Ontario?
  • 03-26-2015
    cyclelicious
    3 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

I can't believe you guys saw Brett Tippie, he seems like such an awesome guy. What was he doing in Ontario?

Tippie was teaching the skills clinic along with Wade Simmons in 2012. He is so friendly and so energetic... he is larger than life!

Attachment 976076

We did the first clinic offered in 2009... Wade is also amazing! I was still really new to downhill riding and his lessons have had a profound impact influencing my riding style to this day

Attachment 976083

Attachment 976084
  • 03-26-2015
    YYZ
    That is so awesome. It seemed like a great experience, meeting two legends and all! And nice pictures. I just found one of your older threads with Elvis. Sucks that I wasn't mountian biking as 'intense' before as I am now, I probably could have been there!
  • 03-27-2015
    cyclelicious
    We always have a great time whenever we go to blue... not only for the riding (we get about 12 or more runs in ) but there is so much more to experience and do. Hope to see you up there YYZ and everyone one else :)

55 more days til opening !!!!
  • 03-27-2015
    Terranaut
    Well I am hoping you guys can give me some pointers. I am new to this DH thingy :)
    I still need some body armor but will have that covered in a week or two. I too am looking forward to meeting everyone in person.
  • 03-27-2015
    JesusJuice
    Quote:

Maybe 4 minute runs.

My biggest day was 31 runs, but that was in 08 when Autobahn and Showcase were super accessible from the lift. Only stopped for beer once that day, open to close.

Typical day is 10-15 depending on how much pedalling you do at the top.
  • 03-28-2015
    singlesprocket
    1 Attachment(s)
    awesome!

going to be running this rear shock on the kona operator...

Attachment 976662
  • 03-28-2015
    singlesprocket
    1 Attachment(s)
    perfecting my sandwich for blue

Attachment 976736
  • 03-29-2015
    Terranaut
    Finally got my headset together and my direct mount done. My Devinci is ready to go. Old school but ready.
  • 04-02-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    Throw back Thursday !

2011 We took in a free Sam Roberts concert in the Village, was cool riding the trails with the tunes in the background...

Sam Roberts is a very cool (very handsome :) )guy. He and his band members mingled backstage and in the village pre-show. They like the dh scene :thumbsup:

Attachment 977841
  • 04-02-2015
    cyclelicious
    Some upcoming events at blue:

Pedal Fest Bike Festival
    June 26 to 28, 2015

King of the Mountain - East Coast Open
    June 26 to 28, 2015

Tuesday Night Downhill Series at Blue
    July 14 to August 4, 2015

Subaru Centurion Cycling 6.0
    September 18 to 20, 2015

Mountain Biking Events

49 days til opener!!!
  • 04-09-2015
    cyclelicious
    5 Attachment(s)
    Throwback Thursday

June 2011. I was riding my SC Blur at that time (still taking chemo but feeling stronger) . Later that summer singlesprocket built up my Syren and I graduated to the advanced trails

Attachment 979908

Test for Haole which started in 2013. Blue will continue with annual testing

Attachment 979914

Attachment 979920

Attachment 979916

Singlesprocket dropping in

Attachment 979921

43 days until opening day! :thumbsup:
  • 04-12-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    Watched the dh World cup this morning and felt stoked (ya Aaron Gwin and Emmeline Ragot!)
    That course was insane :eekster:

Then checked the blue mountain web cam and felt sad:nonod:

Attachment 980635

39 days til opening :smilewinkgrin:
  • 04-12-2015
    singlesprocket
    some 2015 world cup action to get your blue mountain stoke on...

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/replay-...mpaign=fb-like
  • 04-12-2015
    Greg_o
    Quote:

Watched the dh World cup this morning and felt stoked (ya Aaron Gwin and Emmeline Ragot!)
    That course was insane :eekster:

Then checked the blue mountain web cam and felt sad:nonod:

Attachment 980635

39 days til opening :smilewinkgrin:

Great day on the slopes. Face and forearms are burnt. Slight chance there will be skiing next weekend but likely not. Interesting in the trees there's very little snow left, but over all tons of moisture needs to go.
  • 04-16-2015
    cyclelicious
    5 Attachment(s)
    Today's action on the hill...

Attachment 981605

And something for throwback Thursday

Minion (2014)

Attachment 981609

Threading the needle on GrabBag (2013)

Attachment 981610

Singlesprocket taking the high line on Haole (2013)
    Attachment 981612

Village ride (2014)
    Attachment 981611
  • 04-16-2015
    cyclelicious
    And 35 days til opening :)
  • 04-22-2015
    YYZ
    Whistler MTB park is opening on the second of May. I'm starting to become jealous! 29 days to go for us?
  • 04-23-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Whistler MTB park is opening on the second of May. I'm starting to become jealous! 29 days to go for us?

That must be their earliest opening day ever.
  • 04-23-2015
    cyclelicious
    2 Attachment(s)
    I see some progressive melting :)

Attachment 983152

The south side looking better
    Attachment 983151
  • 04-23-2015
    cyclelicious
    6 Attachment(s)
    Throwback Thursday

Some pics on The Wall ... a double black diamond (which has been closed for a few years )

Attachment 983354

Attachment 983355

Attachment 983356

Attachment 983357

Attachment 983358

Attachment 983359
  • 04-24-2015
    cyclelicious
    This year something new: Blue Mountain will be having a DH race Series.

The King of the Mountain Race series will be made up of three races taking place over the following weekends:

King of the Mountain - East Coast Open (Pedal Fest Bike Festival)
    June 26 to 28, 2015

King of the Mountain - King of the Valley
    July 25 to 26, 2015

King of the Mountain - Fall Showdown
    September 12 to 13, 2015

Riders will be required to hold a valid OCA Competitive Membership to compete. Categories will follow the East Coast Open model with the following divisions:

Open (Elite) Men and Women
    Youth Boys and Girls 12 14
    Youth Boys and Girls 15 17
    Rec Men 18 29
    Rec Women 18+
    Masters Men 30 39
    Veteran Men 40 49
    Veteran Men 50+

Blue is also continuing
    Tuesday Night Downhill Series at Blue
    July 14 to August 4, 2015

This looks like alot of fun ... and I'm contemplating :)

Info on FB or web

https://www.facebook.com/BlueMountainBikePark
    Mountain Biking Events
  • 04-29-2015
    manitoulinbound
    Hey guys, first post on the forum here but have been lurking for a long time. I used to frequently trail ride about 10 years ago until a pretty bad crash led me to putting the bike on the shelf and taking up back packing. Now, an Achilles injury is bringing me back to biking. I live a couple hours away but I'm really hoping to hit up Blue Mountain a few times this year. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and will be keeping an eye on this thread. Now, off to find a new ride!
  • 04-29-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by manitoulinbound View Post
    Hey guys, first post on the forum here but have been lurking for a long time. I used to frequently trail ride about 10 years ago until a pretty bad crash led me to putting the bike on the shelf and taking up back packing. Now, an Achilles injury is bringing me back to biking. I live a couple hours away but I'm really hoping to hit up Blue Mountain a few times this year. Anyways, just wanted to say hi and will be keeping an eye on this thread. Now, off to find a new ride!

Welcome back to shredding! Are you looking for a new bike? Let us know how that's going. Maybe we'll see you up at Blue. Keep your eye on the thread. We're planning a EC MTBR meet up ride day at blue. Hope you can join in.
  • 04-30-2015
    silverstick
    1 Attachment(s)
    the itch is unbearable now
  • 04-30-2015
    cyclelicious
    ^OMG! The suspense is killing me... ! I'll bet it's a beauty :)
  • 04-30-2015
    cyclelicious
    2 Attachment(s)
    Meanwhile... Ice is melting :)

Central view

Attachment 985136

South side view

Attachment 985135

22 days til opening day!
  • 04-30-2015
    silverstick
    I haven't even had time to look in the box yet. I'll post up a pic when i get it built up.
    I'm sure it will be pretty awesome :)
  • 04-30-2015
    manitoulinbound
    Quote:

Welcome back to shredding! Are you looking for a new bike? Let us know how that's going. Maybe we'll see you up at Blue. Keep your eye on the thread. We're planning a EC MTBR meet up ride day at blue. Hope you can join in.

Thanks, definitely looking for a new bike, just doing some research on it right now. I missed out on a Norco Torrent locally last week. Just have to keep lookin I guess!
  • 05-01-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by silverstick View Post
    I haven't even had time to look in the box yet. I'll post up a pic when i get it built up.
    I'm sure it will be pretty awesome :)

Great choice... and looking forward to shred with you again
  • 05-02-2015
    Pucker Factor
    Quote:

Originally Posted by manitoulinbound View Post
    Thanks, definitely looking for a new bike, just doing some research on it right now. I missed out on a Norco Torrent locally last week. Just have to keep lookin I guess!

PM sent...check your inbox.
  • 05-03-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

the itch is unbearable now

sick, we are getting close to the opener!
  • 05-03-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

we will set it up for those that are interested. have bbq on top, try to get some swag, etc...
  • 05-03-2015
    YYZ
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 05-03-2015
    singlesprocket
    some rain will help this week i think.
  • 05-03-2015
    Terranaut
    Our local trails went from mud/snow covered to hard and awesome over a span of 2 weeks. Hopefully once the snow clears it will dry up quickly.
  • 05-04-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Our local trails went from mud/snow covered to hard and awesome over a span of 2 weeks. Hopefully once the snow clears it will dry up quickly.

and there won't be a lot of black flies... last year was killer for a while.
  • 05-06-2015
    giveitall14
    We are getting close, can't wait to get up there
  • 05-06-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    From Blue mtn facebook page:

Quote:

Trail Crew has been out clearing the trails this week to get an idea of what needs the most attention before Opening Day. Here's a shot coming into the jump line on H2O.
    Attachment 986636

15 days til opening!!!
  • 05-09-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    This make me happy

Attachment 987119

and work is currently underway on Haole and H2O

13 more days :)
  • 05-09-2015
    deke505
    Quote:

This make me happy

Attachment 987119

and work is currently underway on Haole and H2O

13 more days :)

is that still snow on the hill?
  • 05-09-2015
    singlesprocket
    1 Attachment(s)
    killing time till blue opens....

Attachment 987247
  • 05-09-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by deke505 View Post
    is that still snow on the hill?

Keeps the beers chilled :)
  • 05-13-2015
    silverstick
    1 Attachment(s)
    Almost Ready ....
    Attachment 988062
  • 05-13-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Almost Ready ....
    Attachment 988062

Nice whip!

9 moar days :)
  • 05-14-2015
    singlesprocket
    sick silverstick! what's the weight on the beast?

Quote:

Almost Ready ....
    Attachment 988062

• 05-14-2015
    silverstick
    34 lbs out the box without pedals. hope to knock a couple of lbs off it with tubeless carbon wheels I already have, ti/lite steel coil spring and a smattering of ti bolts i have laying around :)
    might do bit lighter rubber since blue doesn't require dh carcass tires for someone my size/weight.
    I'll be gutted if this thing is slower than the Nomad I've been using there for the last few seasons :(
  • 05-15-2015
    Luis691
    Anyone heading to Horseshoe for opening day tomorrow?
  • 05-15-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis691 View Post
    Anyone heading to Horseshoe for opening day tomorrow?

Negatory... we're having a hitch installed for a bike rack on a new car and it may not be ready.
    It's a long weekend too!

If you are going have a fun and safe weekend :thumbsup:
  • 05-15-2015
    Luis691
    Thanks! I don't love Horseshoe, but gotta make due till Blue opens :)

Quote:

If you are going have a fun and safe weekend :thumbsup:

• 05-15-2015
    cyclelicious
    3 Attachment(s)
    Blue came in 2nd place for the Eastern Canada Region for 2014 RIDERS' CHOICE AWARDS: MTBparks North America's Best Bike Parks and is a two-time Top Five winner

Attachment 988645

Blue is in very good company with:

1. Sugarloaf, NB
    2. Blue Mountain, ON
    3. Bromont, QC
    4. Mont-Sainte-Anne, QC
    5. Camp Fortune, QC

2014 RIDERS' CHOICE AWARDS: MTBparks Announces North America's Best Bike Parks

Attachment 988646

Attachment 988647
  • 05-15-2015
    mykel
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 05-17-2015
    cyclelicious
    Quote:

Is that Showcase?

5 more days:)
  • 05-17-2015
    YYZ
    Make sure one of you guys take some pictures opening weekend. I don't think I'll be able to make it as of now :(
  • 05-18-2015
    mykel
    Judy

You know our park!
    Showcase it is.

michael
  • 05-20-2015
    cyclelicious
    3 Attachment(s)
    Blue Mountain Bike Park Manager reports the following trails to be open for opening day

Embryo
    Haole
    Fresh Air
    Raison Run
    The Ridge
    Groove
    Gulch
    Collector

Attachment 989923

Attachment 989924

Attachment 989925
  • 05-21-2015
    singlesprocket
    picked up the dh sled. weighs out at 34lbs. look forward to the weekend.

• 05-21-2015
    YYZ
    Nice bike, looks very clean. Derby wheels look beautiful.
  • 05-22-2015
    silverstick
    looking good Sprock !
    looking forward to seeing you out there real soon.
  • 05-23-2015
    cyclelicious
    We're heading to blue this afternoon... for a shakedown ride with the new rigs and to help pack down the trails :)
  • 05-23-2015
    cyclelicious
    10 Attachment(s)
    Opening weekend was boss! Sunny, warm, breezy, dry (tho a bit dusty ;) ), 10/16 trails open, a great turnout of riders (many new faces and many friends)

The scenery on the drive was vibrant
    Attachment 990737

Prepping the new kona's
    Attachment 990735

The long lineup moved quicky. Thanks to awesome staff. It was so nice to see the lifties again this year
    Attachment 990733

Georgian Bay was sparkling
    Attachment 990732

And the poison ivy is flourishing (again)
    Attachment 990747

Batten down the lid
    Attachment 990746

Hit the trails!
    Attachment 990749

Attachment 990744

Attachment 990734

Attachment 990745
  • 05-23-2015
    YYZ
    Amazing. Looks like you had a great time. How are you liking the new bikes?
  • 05-23-2015
    singlesprocket
    3 Attachment(s)
    some of the mods on the kona i did that worked quite well... got a few more planned...

Attachment 990768

Attachment 990769

Attachment 990770
  • 05-24-2015
    cyclelicious
    9 Attachment(s)
    Another awesome day shredding the gnar at blue.

Brown cows
    Attachment 991002

Brown pow!
    Attachment 991008

Tea break
    Attachment 991007

Met up with a few friends in line
    Attachment 990997

Strike the pose- Everybody vogue
    Attachment 991003

the Operator
    Attachment 991005

I likey
    Attachment 991004

A gondola to ourselfie

Attachment 991006

Dirty fun

Attachment 991009

Fantastic opener!
  • 05-24-2015
    mykel
    Glad you got the trails packed down for me.
    Looking at Friday to shake the rust off and get the advanced pass test out of the way.
    Saturday is also a possibility.

Judy - How did the new iron work out?
  • 05-24-2015
    cyclelicious
    I really like the bike. It handles differently than the Syren. It's faster and I like how it carves the berms and it's plush doing drops. I'm having some trouble getting air, although by the end of the day I got some air on the Collector tabletop. I'm going to try my assessment next week. I should have enough practice
  • 05-25-2015
    singlesprocket
    passed the test... it was really dusty out. the big tires are working well, kinda like a fat bike.
  • 05-26-2015
    cyclelicious
    The rain on Sunday and Monday should help the trails for the next ride
  • 05-29-2015
    cyclelicious
    Keeping an eye on the weather this weekend. Caturday looks wet. Sunday looks more promising
  • 05-29-2015
    VR6ix
    Quote:

Keeping an eye on the weather this weekend. Caturday looks wet. Sunday looks more promising

It's Collingwood... if Caturday has any significant rain, then Funday will be slick for a while :madman: hope it clears up!

I haven't made any progress on my DH bike build other than the Hope lever rebuild kits now sitting on the work bench. The itch is strong to ride! Maybe next weekend I'll go up with the 6" bike and get my advanced pass :)
  • 05-29-2015
    mykel
    Conditions were prime today
    Perfect amount of moisture in the soil, nice and tacky.
    Some exposed areas were just drying out and starting to get a bit dusty.

The hill can handle a shower, but anything more and it starts to get sketchy.
    ie Minion was not open as it got too much rain earlier in the week and was still too wet.
    O-chute was nice and moist, pretty much perfect, so the clay won't be able to handle much in the way of water volume.
  • 05-30-2015
    singlesprocket
    3 Attachment(s)
    rain rain go away

kicking back with a curmudgeon and some new parts (bar, fork internals)... contemplating the gutting of the boxxer and the subsequent upgrading with new internals

Attachment 992479

Attachment 992480

Attachment 992481
  • 06-01-2015
    cyclelicious
    2 Attachment(s)
    Up at Blue on Sunday. Trails were too wet to ride. Enjoyed an americano in the village with Amis :)

Attachment 992756

Even the windmills weren't spinning

Attachment 992757
  • 06-05-2015
    cyclelicious
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 993658

Rained in Collingwood last night
    Planning to head to blue caturday... hoping some trails will be tacky :thumbsup:
  • 06-05-2015
    deke505
    Quote:

Attachment 993658

Rained in Collingwood last night
    Planning to head to blue caturday... hoping some trails will be tacky :thumbsup:

Is that your new bell to let people know you want to pass.
  • 06-05-2015
    cyclelicious
    Ha! DH is the cat's meow :)

Lookin' good for tomorrow purrrrr!
  • 06-06-2015
    cyclelicious
    2 Attachment(s)
    Beautiful day for shredding (after a tough CF workout this morning)

Attachment 994097

Upgrades for ss Kona

Attachment 994098
  • 06-07-2015
    cyclelicious
    Gorgeous weather for weekend shredding. Another great turnout of riders today. The rain held off until the last lap at 5. I'm loving how my new sled carves the berms and today I felt faster and stronger .

Funny how a small change can make a big differrence. I replaced my bar grips after only a couple of laps and suddenly the hand strain was gone

win win :thumbsup:
  • 06-08-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Upgrades for ss Kona

Attachment 994098

now weighing in at 32lbs... figure i can drop another pound fairly reasonably
  • 06-08-2015
    YYZ
    That's stupidly light lol. Cyclelicious: Did you get carbon bars?
  • 06-08-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

That's stupidly light lol. Cyclelicious: Did you get carbon bars?

them my bars. yup, carbon cromag. with a cromag 35mm stem
  • 06-08-2015
    VR6ix
    Great weekend... only rode a couple hours Saturday afternoon after being at Kelso in the morning... then a longer stint on Sunday... just hot enough, just dusty enough, lift-lines on Sunday were prime. I left at 3 before the weather hit.

Now, can someone please explain why the trail crew at Blue can't build a berm to save their life??? It's CLAY! Just add water!!! lol!
  • 06-09-2015
    singlesprocket
    Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ix View Post
    Great weekend... only rode a couple hours Saturday afternoon after being at Kelso in the morning... then a longer stint on Sunday... just hot enough, just dusty enough, lift-lines on Sunday were prime. I left at 3 before the weather hit.

Now, can someone please explain why the trail crew at Blue can't build a berm to save their life??? It's CLAY! Just add water!!! lol!

i've seen some clay berms pound to dust fairly fast... i guess it's the quality of clay adhesion and consistent moisture content. there's probably a paper or spec on this somewhere... other then that i suspect it is a management decision when and how much time the crew can spend working on the trails...
  • 06-11-2015
    cyclelicious
    Saturday looks pretty good :)

Met Con Adventure Race on Saturday as well but it shouldn't interfer with riding
  • 06-12-2015
    Windigo
    Going to try DH for the first time, hopefully this weekend at Blue if the weather is good.
    Any tips or info for a newbie?
  • 06-12-2015
    VR6ix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Going to try DH for the first time, hopefully this weekend at Blue if the weather is good.
    Any tips or info for a newbie?

Leave a water bottle/hydrobag by the rocks in the lift line so you can grab a drink and not lose your spot in line.
    At the top, figure out which side your bike will be on and grab it quickly from the lift guys so they don't have to slow-down the lift.
    The blue-rated trails are pretty tame for warm-ups or just getting used to DH. "The Groove" is a nice easy green trail too. "The Ridge" and "Embrio" are tougher/steeper blue-rated trails.
  • 06-12-2015
    Terranaut
    I was going to say....
    Stay on the bike and out of the trees. ;)
  • 06-12-2015
    VR6ix
    I thought it would be rude to say "stay off the brakes!!!" haha
  • 06-13-2015
    cyclelicious
    We ended up keeping our riding local. Trails at blue were closed til noon. Kept checking the trail conditions. A few more trails were dry enough to open by 4 but it was too late to make the trip

Anyone ride today?
  • 06-14-2015
    Berriwood
    Went first thing on Saturday. Rode down the gondola to meet my friends at the bottom and Met Con was being run on Showcase! It was just torn up. So sad.
    Anyway trail crew said at best the groove would be open so we ended up going to horseshoe. Beautiful conditions and trails. The runs are quite short though and the lifts quite slow. Still had a great time.
  • 06-20-2015
    singlesprocket
    caturday looks like it will be the best day... headed up now
  • 06-20-2015
    YYZ
    Enjoy the day! Some awesome weather at the moment.
  • 06-20-2015
    Berriwood
    What a beauty day! Beautiful weather, beautiful conditions, beautiful bikes! Picked up the 32 pound Kona, can confirm it is ridiculously light.
    Rode Haole and H2O for the first time. Haole is so fast and fun. H2O scared the shit out of me! Looking forward to taming that beast over the summer.
    What a wonderful community of riders at Blue. Everyone is so friendly and super stoked to be at the hill. Can't wait to go back next weekend.
  • 06-21-2015
    YYZ
    Rock on Berri!! \m/
  • 06-21-2015
    cyclelicious
    4 Attachment(s)
    Solstice, salsa and shredding stoke is a hot combo :) Glad you had an super time berri!

Line up for the gondola was long but moved quick

Attachment 997180

Salsa music and dancing in the Village... there was plenty of hip swaying

Attachment 997181

and roast pig.... I stuck with the salsa and guacamole

Attachment 997182

The earth really is round and blue is red hot fun

Attachment 997183