(Off Topic) Hiking Killarney PP [o]- Mtbr.com
    bi-winning

(Off Topic) Hiking Killarney PP [o]

My Dad and I had a great week camping, paddling, and hiking around Killarney Provincial Park. I thought I'd share some photos, since you all like trails in the woods and such.

We traveled and arrived at the George Lake Campground on Sunday. After setting up, we hiked the Chikanishing Trail. Nice introduction to the terrain.
    On Monday, we drove to the Bell Access Point. We paddled Bell Lake, and then hiked to Silver Peak, the highest point in the park. This was a full day with great views.
    Tuesday we drove into Killarney, and with a lift from the Killarney Lodge, did the George Island Trail.
    Wednesday was a day to rest the feet a bit. We did the Granite Ridge Trail in the morning, and canoed around George Lake in the Afternoon.
    Thursday, we hiked "The Crack." We started the hike in light rain, but the rain stopped shortly after. This trail offered some nice challenging terrain, and probably the best view in the park.
    Friday, we hiked the Cranberry Bog trail in the morning, and then departed.

We then spent the long weekend at Earl Rowe Provincial Park in Alliston with my whole family. Not as "epic" as Killarney, but not a bad place to hang out either. (not pictured)

I had a great trip!

When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Evil Jr.
    Looks like it was a great trip!

Interesting to see that the trees that far north are about the same stage as down here!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Killarney PP

Looks like you had a rare day. Silver Peak and 'the Crack' all to yourselves. Great Timing!
    If you happen to see my lungs back there, tell them I've gone on ahead.

Muskoka

Sweet!

Great way to spend time with Dad, and some cool pics too!
    I have to admit I have not been to Killarney, always choosing other destinations for canoe tripping. Pathetic really, considering how close to home it is for me!
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

Muskoka
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Interesting to see that the trees that far north are about the same stage as down here!
    I noticed that too, last week travelling through Niagara region, New York State, and Pennsylvania I thought in some instances the leaves were same as or even ahead of Muskoka!! I wonder if the drought this summer in Muskoka followed by very wet autumn so far influenced this? Leaves have been falling dramatically last few days, it soon will be all over!
    https://get.google.com/albumarchive/...127?source=pwa

RSD Bikes "The Mayor"
    Rocky Mountain Sherpa Overland

All my faucets is Moen.
    Looks like a great trip Ryan. Thanks for sharing.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Stosh (Canada) View Post
    Looks like you had a rare day. Silver Peak and 'the Crack' all to yourselves. Great Timing!
    Almost! There was another pair of hikers at the top of Silver Peak, and we did see a couple descending the Crack when we were going up, but overall, it was a very peaceful and quiet trip.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster View Post
    Looks like it was a great trip!

The colours were pretty close to peak. There was still plenty of green, because of the evergreens.

Also, a lot of leaves fell during the week we were there.

mtbr member
    Thanks for posting, great pictures, I'm the same as old blackcanoe live close but I've hiked more on the east coast than central Ontario.
    Looks like a fun trip.

Members who have read this thread: 0