Off-Road Squeezer coming...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Off-Road Squeezer coming...

Just a quick post to invite the MTBR community to participate in this year's edtion of the Liberty! Bicycles Off-Road Squeezer! Check the site for details. Hope to see you there.
    KG

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    ...I'm in like sin! Hopefully i get into the first wave so I can put a stick in Buck miller's spokes! (and all the rest of the roadie's can run me over!)

mtbr member

Filthy Habit Baby!

I'm addicted. Can't wait to get my fix of the Squeeze.

If you've never done this race, or any race for that matter, do yourself a favour and do the Squeezer. Best race in Ontario, hands down.

Dan

Moderator Moderator

thanks bro

Thanks for the heads up man, hopefully I can make it out to this race (finally). It looks like awesome fun

bi-winning
    I really want to do the sqeezer this year. it has been a habit of mine for the last 4 years. school work will be the determining factor. i'm starting university this year, and am going to get slammed. if i can spare the time, i will be there.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member

Update.

The Liberty! Bicycles Off-Road Squeezer is open for online registration. This year we are using Paypal to process registrations, but you don't need to have a Paypal account. Any major credit card will work. Also, we are working on a sliding scale for entry fees. That is, the fee increases as we get closer to the event. The first deadline is Saturday 16 September. So, if you know you are going to take part, register before then for the cheapest fee. This event always attracts a lot of people, but it does tend to sneak-up... so let your friends know if you think they might be interested.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Great event

Can't wait, Kurt. I'd like to ask, what is the criteria for making the first wave? I finished 113th last year from the 3rd wave. This will be my third year participating.

mtbr member
    First, waves consist of 125 riders each. The first three waves are generally full of great riders. Wave placement is based on past performance. We ask people to submit their times -- which can be found on the website -- and we confirm before creating the waves. Preference goes to riders who have participated before, but we also ask new people to rate their speed, and we find room for them too.
    I like to tell people that there are no bad starts. We have had people start in late waves that have placed in top positions. Not surprisingly, people have a hard time wrapping their heads around it. The number one question we get asked relates to "getting into the first wave" or something of the sort. I can honestly say I will answer this question no less than 1000 times this month.
    Be honest, and it should all work out.
    KG

NormalNorm
    Quote Originally Posted by kgwisdek
    The first three waves are generally full of great riders. Wave placement is based on past performance.
    So true, I've been in the first three waves and not noticed any difference. Looking forward to October 1st and hope some clean fun.........Also, Kurt great job on the 8X12 series...it was alot of fun. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Thank you, Kurt. I've just registered and everything you said is clearly stated on the website. I apologize for not reading first. Looking forward to this years event. Hopefully a dry one.

mtbr member

SqueezerWear Clothing Update

Just a quick update to let participants know that we have had some issues with our primary clothing supplier at Squeezer '06. As a result we have made a few changes to the clothing line-up. Check here for SqueezerWear info.

bi-winning
    Ok, I'm in. I signed up. A) to save $10. B) to force myself to actually do it. i will be busy with school. if i wait to register, it will be way to easy to say that i don't have time to do the race. however, i need to balance fun/work.

BTW, i think this race is a filthy, filthy habit. this will be my 5th consecutive year participating!
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

mtbr member

Two Weeks to Go...

Until the Liberty! Bicycles Off-Road Squeezer! We are at about 500 registrants, and counting. The excitement is building. Saturday (16th) at 5:00pm marks the first deadline and a price increase of $5. You can register up until the day before the event, but sign-up early to save some dough.
    Participating? Think about coming down for the whole weekend. Parade on Saturday morning, Wine Party on Saturday night, and Squeezer at the decent hour of 11:00 on Sunday...
    Check The Grape & Wine Festival for other events and info over the whole week.

mtbr member

Squeezer Update - Registration - Clothing

If you tried to register for the Squeezer, please check the confirmation list to make certain you are actually registered. Some people have had trouble with our new PayPal payment system, which is different than prior years. Click here for more infomation and news.
    Also, this Saturday (23rd) at 5:00pm is the deadline for ordering event clothing. Get on it.
    Hope to see you at the party.
    KG

http://www.libertybicycles.com

NormalNorm
    Looks like it's going to be........Filthy Habit!. The wet clay is going to make things really interesting with all the rain we've had. Good Luck everyone......

bi-winning

So close, yet so far away

Today was the squeezer. 5th consecutive year for me. Not best overall time (due to conditions), but best overall finish. I came in 64th overall out of 850+ riders with a time of 1:28 for the ~30km course. Maybe not that fast, but it was MUDDY. I stuck around for the awards/prizes, but did not win anything. They were giving aways some sweet stuff. a kona jake, some xtr rear derailleurs, vaccumes, canoe, camelbaks... When i heard the podium results for my age group, i was a little dissapointed that i was almost 5minutes away from third in men 16-19. But, when i checked the results, it turns out i was 4th out of 33 in the age group. long way from third, but not too shabby.

Hats off to norm who saw the podium, and really layed the hammer down, with a very solid overall finish. I saw many familiar faces, which was nice. Congrats to all who braved the sloppy, silppery condintions.

It was super slick in spots. It took me a few moments to get used to the lack of traction, and almost lost it twice in the course of about a min, but did mostly ok after i discovered the limits. I started right at the front of the second wave, which was just fine.

Also, major props to my sister Danielle who participated in her first ever squeezer event. She came back with a big smile on her face.

chillin in the back of the van pre-race

me and my lovely sister. (i later decided against the short sleeve jersey)

at start

danielle at start

me at finish

me tired

and dirty

speaking of dirt

oh look, it's me and ddakin discussing how much fun we had

Danielle post race with smile

All in all a good time.

mtbr member

Wow

A great time indeed!

Thanks to Kurt for the organizing, the massive number of volunteers for their volunteering and to Ra for the sun.

It was wet, but still a great race.

I finished 67th, which was one spot worse than last year, but I also didn't sleep Friday night (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.) I would have been happy anywhere in the Top 75 this year.

Ryan - great racing with you man. I'll catch you eventually! Tell your sister congrats on her first Squeezer, but tell her she's WAY too clean and happy looking after a race like that

Cheers,
    Dan

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Mud fest

Another great race. Everyone around me was falling down, somehow I stayed upright for the whole race. My only disappointment was getting stuck in the third wave again. I made the best of it and finished 80th overall, my best performance to date. What was with the guy playing bongo drums at the Decew climb. I just followed his rythym and passed 8-10 bikes on the way up. Can't wait till next year. Dan Dakin, are you going to Ellicottville next weekend?

mtbr member
    Hey Shane. That dude playing bongo drums was awesome. That sort of stuff really adds to the flavour of this race.

And yes I think I am going to try to head down to E-Ville for the fall festival race. You want to carpool? I'll have to make it a quick in and out though because I'll have to work in the afternoon.

Send me an email.

Dan

mtbr member

Ryan needs a new wardrobe.

Okay, Ryan,
    You better drag your butt down to Liberty! Bicycles so I can trade you a very cool, pro-fit, grey and gold jersey in place of that old blue and red one that you seem wear occasionally. Time to update your wardrobe. We'll call it the Jersey-Trade-In Special. You support enough of our events; might as well show it. Good?
    KG

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by kgwisdek
    Okay, Ryan,
    You better drag your butt down to Liberty! Bicycles so I can trade you a very cool, pro-fit, grey and gold jersey in place of that old blue and red one that you seem wear occasionally. Time to update your wardrobe. We'll call it the Jersey-Trade-In Special. You support enough of our events; might as well show it. Good?
    KG
    Good? That is better than good. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. I really appreciate the offer.

I'll try to come by this weekend. What are your hours as a result of the holiday?

I don't want to mention this to one of the employees who don't have a clue what i am talking about.

mtbr member
    I'll be in from 10 til 4ish on Saturday.
    We are closed on Monday.

Single speed
    Thanks For all your hard work and entheusiasm Kurt. You are awesome.

I had a blast.All the guys @ work had fun too.

Thanks for selling me this 29er. It's wicked fast.
    The 29er helped me do the squeezer in 1:29:19 good for 70th place. I have only been riding for 3 months. Sooo much fun.

All the volunteers and everybody else that helped out did a great job. Thanks again.

Jason Mc
    Last edited by McGyver29er; 10-05-2006 at 07:38 AM.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by McGyver29er
    Thanks For all your hard work and entheusiasm Kirk. You are awesome.

I had a blast.All the guys @ work had fun too.

Thanks for selling me this 29er. It's wicked fast.
    The 29er helped me do the squeezer in 1:29:19 good for 70th place. I have only been riding for 3 months. Sooo much fun.

All the volunteers and everybody else that helped out did a great job. Thanks again.

Jason Mc
    welcome to mtbr, and congrats on the great finish.

ps. kgwisdek, i sent you a pm.

Single speed
    Oops!
    Sorry bout that Kurt.

All this time I thought your name was kirk. I am that much of a newbie.

Great job on the web site also.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by McGyver29er
    Oops!
    Sorry bout that Kurt.

All this time I thought your name was kirk. I am that much of a newbie.

Great job on the web site also.
    *points and laughs at newbie*

mtbr member

Spam - Helmet Cam Video

You've got to check this out:
    http://www.specimage.com/squeezer/
    We are putting together a 100 minute long video of the event featuring helmet-cam footage. Super cool.

Members who have read this thread: 0