Oakley Canada sucks- Mtbr.com
    LBS Manager

Oakley Canada sucks

Their Canadian distributer is in Quebec (first problem) and they have the slowest worst customer service I have ever encounterd almost as bad as FOX's eastern Canadian distributer (also in Quebec). They have had my $450 suglasses for waranty repair for 4 mounths now and just sent the wrong ones back. Why are these Quebec based companies such a pain in the ass to deal with and I wounder if their American parent companies know just how bad they are. I know of bike shops that refuse to carry Fox products because Velo Cycle is such a pain in the ass to deal with I am sure Fox USA would not be happy about this.

Hoss Dee-Lux'n It
    Mar 2005
    Agree. I have had to send things to Oakley Canada in the past. Nothing but bad experiences. Now I wear spy shades and goggles.

LBS Manager

It's sad

It's sad that shuch a great product can be wreked by such crappy customer service the same is true for Fox.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

crap ! I just sent in my oakley watch for service

I wasn't aware Oakley Canada has poor record of customer service. I just sent in my Oakley D2 watch for battery replacement. I hope Oakley will return my watch within 2weeks or else I will be really piss off.

I will wait until july 3 to call them back for update if I still haven't receive my watch back. I should have bought Japanese Seiko watch. It's always reliable like a Honda.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

No good

Have you guys contacted their US parent companies? Tell them should you ever see you items again you'll never buy their product agin because of the lousy service.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member
    There's crap service everywhere, so blaming it on Quebec is ridiculous.
    I have dealt with Oakley as well as Bell Helmets (OGC) in Quebec and have never had a problem.
    4 months sounds like an anomaly, not the norm.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2019 Scott Foil 10 Disc
    2019 Norco Search XR Steel
    2017 Trek Farley 9.6

LBS Manager

This is the 4th time

Quote Originally Posted by MS MSP
    There's crap service everywhere, so blaming it on Quebec is ridiculous.
    I have dealt with Oakley as well as Bell Helmets (OGC) in Quebec and have never had a problem.
    4 months sounds like an anomaly, not the norm.

That I have delt with them and it always takes a long time, not normaly this long. And as far as Fox goes the guys in the US are great and so are the Guys out west. In my personal experience every time I deal with a company in Quebec they give me the run around and I think it sucks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hair Boy
    In my personal experience every time I deal with a company in Quebec they give me the run around and I think it sucks.
    well don't deal with them then and consider it in your buying decisions. As a consumer the best way to be heard is through your wallet.

Ragging on a province is pretty lame.

Clem

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Maybe try UVEX as an eyewear alternative.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Oakley service is exemplary

I just received my D1 watch back from oakley for battery replacement. Oakley shipped it back to me promptly next day. I am pleased with Oakley turn around time.

LBS Manager

Your Lucky

I still don't have my glasses

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Good job! ask for RMA number.

Did you call them with RMA number? You ask them if they know your shipping address. I verify my address with Oakley twice on the phone with the rep. I ask the rep to spell out every letter.

Glasses replacement takes 2weeks. I had frame replaced through dealer. The dealer sent broken frame to oakley and I received it 2weeks exactly.
    Last edited by Picard; 06-21-2005 at 07:44 PM. Reason: add more info

LBS Manager

The still suck

I found out today that they can't get my glasses now untill the 15th of July so I have decided to take the exchange on the defective Romeo's. when these ones crack I will send them to the USA where they apriciate their customers and have good customer service. If this company can't get things right when they have had since Feb to do so they don't deserve my buisnes. I am normaly 100% against mail order but in the future any Oakley product I buy will be from the USA to avoid giving any money to Oakley Canada. The Oakley product is top quality and still one of my favorites weather it be clothing or eyewhere but in Canada they are just not worth dealing with.