O-Cup 7- Mtbr.com

Thread: O-Cup 7

Resident Redneck

O-Cup 7

Course should be ready and marked on the 13th.
    Heading up there to pre-ride.
    Looking forward to the challenge.

Resident Redneck

O-Cup 7

Ontario Cup #7 | Super Fly Racing

Moderator's note; fixed the link for you - had an extra character and wasn't loading.
    Last edited by Circlip; 09-05-2014 at 09:28 AM.

mtbr member
    Your link doesn't work...I was hopeful it would be marked a little earlier only because I will be destroying my legs at Crank the Shield next weekend. Regardless, I think we should expect to see a little more polished course at this venue this year, albeit still a challenging one!
    A bad day on the bike is better than a good day doing anything else...

http://www.apexracephotography.com

No. Just No.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbmeister View Post
    Regardless, I think we should expect to see a little more polished course at this venue this year, albeit still a challenging one!
    From what you can see of the routing on the posted map, any details on the comparison to last year's layout?
    Nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    is that huge climb still in .....That thing destroyed me last year !

mtbr member
    In the course description, it says only 10 and 11:45 races feature softened climbs.
    Hopefully get out for a pre ride Monday the 15th. If not, than Saturday the 20th.
    Weekend 400 traffic must be better in Sept?

All my faucets is Moen.
    Quote Originally Posted by stew325 View Post
    Weekend 400 traffic must be better in Sept?
    I hope so but I'm guessing it doesn't get better until after Thanksgiving. Cottage country is amazing in September.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Bump.. Anyone get a chance to preride yet?

mtbr member
    I pre-rode on Wednesday. While last year's brutal single track climb was not there, there was a very long road climb to the top. And I saw no sign that indicated different courses for anyone but 9:00 AM. Frankly I have no idea what to expect.

I rode my geared bike but would really like to do the race on single speed (as I did the whole series, in Sport 50-54), but based on Wednesday's ride it will be very tough. I may have to compromise this time.

I will try to pre-ride again Saturday and get a better idea.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    is that huge climb still in .....That thing destroyed me last year !
    no it is not
    Signature

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Went on sunday, The double track climb is pretty tough, but you can get a nice pace going.

Course is awesome! I liked every bit of it, except the abrupt180deg turn at the end of the pump track, but I suspect that it wont make it in the race. Its amazing what a year bring in terms of fitness. Last year I barley finished, this year I feel really comfortable on the course. Cant wait.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Loved the course! I usually love climbs but I was dying after my third easy paced lap. lol! Either it's one hell of a tough course or I'm getting sick because I don't think I'd make it through three laps at race pace. Was really looking forward to racing it. Guess I'll just have to see how I feel tomorrow morning.
    High on Life

mtbr member
    I did another pre-ride today using my single speed. Yes that long fire road climb is a killer and it would be much better with gears but the decision was made for me. The fork on the Superfly does not feel right (I have the original 2008 Gary Fisher Superfly with original components). It probably needs servicing and I don't want to take a chance tomorrow.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Wonder how the course will fare with all this rain. Im stuck on renegades lol. It was pretty decent last week but I think it rained the day before.

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    Wonder how the course will fare with all this rain. Im stuck on renegades lol. It was pretty decent last week but I think it rained the day before.
    the course is holding up pretty good in rain.. it is similar to Hardwood - with a good sand base... now... rocks?? i don't know... i know i've had enough of the rain this racing season...
    Signature

Lemmy Rules!
    Do it!
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Well that was something!!!! Good times!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I'm still picking the dirt out of my teeth! All in all a great day. Sean did a stand up job this year with less than favorable conditions at some venues. Looking forward to next season!

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by oshaden View Post
    I'm still picking the dirt out of my teeth! All in all a great day. Sean did a stand up job this year with less than favorable conditions at some venues. Looking forward to next season!
    i must say i was surprised how well the course held up despite the moisture. this course is tough when dry - it is absolutely crushing when wet - but the sense of accomplishment at the end of the race is priceless... great job superfly!!!
    Signature

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    i must say i was surprised how well the course held up despite the moisture. this course is tough when dry - it is absolutely crushing when wet - but the sense of accomplishment at the end of the race is priceless... great job superfly!!!
    The course was a disaster for 10:00 AM. I could not climb anything. I was so exhausted from all the walking and slipping and crashing that by the time I got to the fire road climb, my gear ratio (34:19) was too much. I had to walk part of that road too.

I should have quit and avoid all the damage to my knees and ankles, but it is hard to quit once you get going.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

Members who have read this thread: 0