Niagara Cycle has USPS shipping now- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Niagara Cycle has USPS shipping now

Was looking for a couple of small items that the local LBSes don't stock - actually have never heard of.
    From Jenson they were about $15 each but just under $25 shipping and taxes.
    Found them at Niagara Cycle for a buck less each and with USPS shipping of $9. Arrived today, almost exactly a week and no fees or taxes. A tracking number too.
    Previously Niagara Cycle was UPS only - I have driven down and picked up at their store a couple of times.

Bicycle Replacement Parts | Road Bicylce Parts | Bicycle Repair Parts - Niagara Cycle

mtbr member
    same here. I needed a Stans Raven cx 700 x 35 tire for the P2A and nobody local stocked the tire and my LBS wanted a couple of weeks to get one. Niagara Cycle sent it by mail and it got here in a week, Friday before the race.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Good to know. I've almost bought a little thing from them a couple times but the shipping was always what killed it.

Loud hubs save lives!
    Bikeman and Universal cycles now ship to Canada via. USPS also. I'm not sure when they changed the policy, but last year they didn't ship that way.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Art's does as well but doesn't carry a lot of the small stuff. I'll have to remember that about Universal, they seem to be the go-to people for odd bits and pieces.

Workin for the weekend!
    How do they handle tax and duties?
    Todd :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    my shipment was about $60 and they didn't charge me tax or duty, or any customs clearance charge.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Canada Post collects the taxes and duties (if any). They also charge a $9 handling fee for doing so.
    However, it's hit and miss - low cost items almost never are charged.
    I had about a dozen things come in around Christmas and was charged on all but one.
    I've ordered more than that during this year and I think I've only been charged once. Wasn't even charged on a frame.
    I figure that Canada Customs brought extra people in for Christmas with a goal of getting everything - then went back to normal.

rwmtb
    Thanks for posting Slash5-- good to know.

Todd-- wrt to duties, there are no duties or tariffs on bike parts, only bikes. HST does apply, but only when CBSA or CP feels like taking the time to figure out what the HST would be. As others have said, lower value packages seem to get across the border without any HST being applied.

mtbr member
    here is a good link regarding taxes and duties on bike parts. I have seldom had to pay duty or taxes, even on a frame and fork brought in from China. But as others have said it is hit or miss.
    Importing Bikes and Parts to Canada — Vancruisers.ca

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I just ordered some long reach calliper brakes from them...first time trying niagara cycle. I'll post here to update on whether I had to pay duties/customs. Total $60.