New trails in Bracebridge, Muskoka- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

New trails in Bracebridge, Muskoka

Some new single track being built at Bracebridge Resource Centre. So far 3 beginner and 1 expert trail done. Couple more should be done by end of the month. The expert trail is a like a mix of Weasel and West d' Nile at Buckwallow.

Search "resource management centre trails" on trail forks.

morca.ca

trail gnome
    We rode there on Sunday.

The numbered trails that appear on the BRMC trailhead map and trail intersection maps are non-technical wide doubletrack/forest roads.

There was some new rake-and-ride singletrack squeezed between the busy highway and parking lot ("Turtle Trot"/"Rabbit Run"?). It was short, flat, soft, twisty, and not technical. Not my cup of tea.

We rode a bit of the expert trail (Crazy Goat). It has a lot of riding on rock, rock spines, and height exposure like West D'Nile, but the twistiness, difficulty, fear factor, big rolls, and consequences are more like Weasel. Some of the height exposure is way beyond either previously mentioned trail. It has some steep rock faces that will only be ridable in the down direction unless you have crazy burst leg strength, grippy tires, and perfect conditions for going up them. And that's starting from the higher end. We ended up walking a lot of it and bailed out before the end.

I ride and enjoy the 4 and 5-hoof rated stuff at Buckwallow with no or minimal dabs, but I find the 6-hoof rated stuff is just too much for me. It's not the descents; it's the steep climbs and non-stop technicality that leave me stumbling and out of breath. If you like that sort of challenge, then Crazy Goat is for you.
    Mountain bikers are generally a rational bunch...until someone moves a rock on our favorite trail and we lose our minds - LMN

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Another 3 new trails now. 1 intermediate, 1 advanced and 1 expert. All single track is on Trail forks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Are Crazy Goat and Gnarnia meant to be ridden in a certain direction? Like Ray I found Crazy Goat to be to difficult to ride without getting off but I was riding it from north to south. While riding Gnarnia from south to north I was thinking that I was likely riding the trails the wrong way from what the trailbuilder had intended (I seem to have a knack for that). I ran out of gas so I wasn't able try it in reverse but it appears more doable that way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    They can be ridden both ways. Definitely trails you need to ride a few times to figure out the good lines.