New rig!- Mtbr.com

Thread: New rig!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

New rig!

Ive wanted one for along time. Found a great deal on this from a dealer in QC.

13 999rsl
    Xx everything.

I already pulled the xx cassette and put my poopy xt on lol. That xx is just to nice for eveyday use, I will wait untill I can afford a race wheel set.

Weight came in on the bathroom scale at 20.5. So that falls in close to what my flash was before adding a few parts. Flash was 20 on a shop scale. (flash is still for sale btw lol).

Its pretty much stock other then xo crank and a 34t direct mount that I have no business running with my girly legs but my friend had it in his possesion and im broke so it is what it is. I see some dnf's this year.

Cant wait to hit some dirt soon.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Ignore the awesome shoes. Prototype moccasins spd shoes. So far they need some stiffness in the sole!

mtbr member
    Nice ride. Looks fast just sitting there.

Moderator Moderator
    beauty

mtbr member
    Congrats!

Hopefully can get out on it soon on some dirt!
    Straight outta Rossland

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by machine4321 View Post
    999rsl
    Xx everything.
    You didn't hold back, I see...

I think if you stay on top of chain replacements your can get an insane amount of life out of the XX cassette.

...although I'm saying this as a guy with a red cassette in a box in my basement and tiagra on the bike...
    The above statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettocruiser View Post
    You didn't hold back, I see...

I think if you stay on top of chain replacements your can get an insane amount of life out of the XX cassette.

...although I'm saying this as a guy with a red cassette in a box in my basement and tiagra on the bike...
    Haha. You get where im coming from. Got this bike for 3500 tax in. Normally tbis would all be out of my range due to being to cheap to replace parts as they break.All this xx stuff is really nice coming from my x9 budget.

mtbr member
    That does look fast! I couldn't push that gear on steeps though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Yea I am worried. I ran a 30t last year and had a tough go on the 4th lap of ocups. I was going tonger a 32 as a wat to force some leg building but my friend ordered a 34 and a 36, he never took the 36 off (I know right!). So this was sitting in his garage and I am over budget as it is. He lauged at me and told me to man up lol. Hope I can adapt before the season is over. I suspect super cramps and much pain but ibsee no other way to get stronger if I run a 30t again.

mtbr member
    I was even considering a 30T with xx1 for the start of the season. Worried about that 4th lap. This will be my first year for 4 lap o-cups. I have to MTFU!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stew325 View Post
    I was even considering a 30T with xx1 for the start of the season. Worried about that 4th lap. This will be my first year for 4 lap o-cups. I have to MTFU!
    Thats what ive been told!

Got to ride it today. Love it!. the 34t feels great every where but long climbs:P But in most cases it feels more efficient then my 30t did.

Members who have read this thread: 0