New Member here.- Mtbr.com
    J-J

Jul 2005

Cool-blue Rhythm New Member here.

Hey all.

I've been lurking for quite a while now, and finally thought I'd register and say hi.

Im 32 - live in T.O. - and ride an 04 stock Stinky.

I've been in the Don a bunch, as well as Blue Mountain, Kelso, Ravenshoe, Erindale etc.

Can someone give me directions to the Waterdown trailhead - as well as basic trail direction once in there? Is there parking nearby? Is it worth bringing a biggish bike in there? Anyone wanna show me around?

Thanks a lot!

J

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    welcome to the club J-J. You have to bring your XC rig. Waterdown is not a downhill park. I don't know the location of waterdown. The other guys do know the place. they can email us the location place.

mtbr member
    Welcome J-J!

I've never been to Waterdown, but i'm plannng a group ride there on the 30th. Check it out.

Enjoy MTBR - it's a GREAT resource for info and a great place to hang out.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

rad to the power of sick
    Welcome aboard!

For waterdown..

There is some decent northshore style stuff in there if you look hard enough. But its more FR hardtail kind of stuff. bringing something with more than 5 inches in the back might be overkill.
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

Hoss Dee-Lux'n It
    Mar 2005
    From the west. Go along 401, then south on 6, go east (left) at 5 (Dundas), then right on Bayview, then left on to Rockliffe. Stop in front of the park and some nice houses.

From the East - 403 to hiway 6 north, to Dundas east (right) then right on Bayview, then left on to Rockliffe. Stop in front of the park and some nice houses.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by J-J
    Hey all.

I've been lurking for quite a while now, and finally thought I'd register and say hi.

Im 32 - live in T.O. - and ride an 04 stock Stinky.

I've been in the Don a bunch, as well as Blue Mountain, Kelso, Ravenshoe, Erindale etc.

Can someone give me directions to the Waterdown trailhead - as well as basic trail direction once in there? Is there parking nearby? Is it worth bringing a biggish bike in there? Anyone wanna show me around?

Thanks a lot!

J

If your taking a FR bike there and will be looking for the more freeride oriented aspects of the trail system, you might want to use the Snake Rd entrance.
    Stop by Bicycle Works on Dundas, right "downtown Waterdown" and they can give you directions.

Remember Waterdown is an open access, multi-use trail system... it's a gem, treat it with respect.
    this space left intentionally blank

J-J

Jul 2005
    thanks for the warm welcome people.

I think I'll drive out and check out waterdown. Unfortunately I only have one bike (the stinky), so I guess I'll have to make the best of it.

Theres not too many places to ride around this city (T.O), that arent XC oriented. I'm not into CRAZY drops or anything (too old for that), but I do like a little stunt here and there. Not really into tuff climbs either.

anyhow thanks for the responses! If you see me out there looking lost (or injured), say hi..

=)
    J