Natural Trials in Southern Ontario?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Natural Trials in Southern Ontario?

Are there any natural trials riders in the Southern Ontario area?

Slick Rick
    www.trailburn.ca
    2012 Norco Truax 2

namagomi
    Natural as in not urban?

mtbr member
    Not urban and not artificial, so... logs, trees, massive limestone blocks, that kind of thing. I've scoped out some limestone blocks in Ancaster, I'm interested in other things to play with and maybe hook up with people that are more experienced (I'm new to this).

namagomi
    Well, most guys are in the urban setting since there is a better selection and you won't have to haul the bicycle... it is hard to find a significant collection of objects suitable in one natural area. There are some large erratic stones in hilton falls that might be interesting. Quarries and such are good options, anywhere there has been recent logging you may find lots of downed trees and stumps to try your hand at. Another issue is you'll probably have to have an XC style rig to pedal out which will limit the size of objects you can work with.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by electrik
    Well, most guys are in the urban setting since there is a better selection and you won't have to haul the bicycle... it is hard to find a significant collection of objects suitable in one natural area. There are some large erratic stones in hilton falls that might be interesting. Quarries and such are good options, anywhere there has been recent logging you may find lots of downed trees and stumps to try your hand at. Another issue is you'll probably have to have an XC style rig to pedal out which will limit the size of objects you can work with.
    I quite agree. I don't ride a true trials bike, but I have a lightweight hard tail running 23-16, so I can crawl out to the stones. I like Hilton, I think I'm riding there tomorrow morning. And as mentioned I have my eye on a spot in Ancaster that has some really big limestone blocks.

Actually, that spot is quite close to a parking lot so it would be easy to take a trials bike there.

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by raganwald
    Not urban and not artificial, so... logs, trees, massive limestone blocks, that kind of thing. I've scoped out some limestone blocks in Ancaster, I'm interested in other things to play with and maybe hook up with people that are more experienced (I'm new to this).
    ashbridge bay and the leslie spit... people made though

plus you can always hit up the skate park

other than that georgian bay area, so many features for trials up there
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket
    ashbridge bay and the leslie spit... people made though

plus you can always hit up the skate park
    I actually live in Ashbridges, so I know those places really well! So far, my only company at the skate park are the odd BMXers. two of them work in the nearby BMX shop, and interestingly both of them used to be into riding trials!

humber river advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by raganwald
    I actually live in Ashbridges, so I know those places really well! So far, my only company at the skate park are the odd BMXers. two of them work in the nearby BMX shop, and interestingly both of them used to be into riding trials!
    there is always some sort of weekend urban assult going on also. lots of fun around the dome and other places (city hall was fun)

natural fun

broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

build trail!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    check out observedtrials.net. they have some regional forms. If your ever in the Peterborough area there are about 6 trials riders here. We usually make a few trips a year to Warsaw caves conservation area in Warsaw or Burleigh Falls. Both offer some awesome natural trials riding. Might be a bit of a drive though.
    I know alot of people ride in port credit on the rocks along the shore line, if you wanted to be picky you could say its not natural as the rocks were placed there but there are a lot of sweet lines.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ptbo_mac
    know alot of people ride in port credit on the rocks along the shore line, if you wanted to be picky you could say its not natural as the rocks were placed there but there are a lot of sweet lines.
    Thanks for the tips. As for breakwaters, quarries, and other 'unnatural natural trials...' Well, I enjoy riding shore-style stunts on trails. For that matter, I enjoy trails, which have to some extent been maintained by humans. So, if it's rock, earth, or wood and bereft of security guards asking me what I think I'm doing, I expect I'll enjoy myself :-)

Members who have read this thread: 0