My first ride at Albion

Printable View

• 07-01-2005
    AndrewTO
    My first ride at Albion
    Just got back. Went with a buddy and we had a BLAST!!!!

Awesome awesome place!!!!!

I gave him the rundown of the trails (Red is long, Black is technical, etc) and told him to lead. I didn't care what trail we were on, I just wanted to finally have my first REAL ride of the year. I wasn't disappointed in any way. The trails were a fantatic mix of being challenging (yeah, I had to walk up to big hills on the Red trail :o ), being fun (I had a smile on my face the whole time) and I even found one spot where I wiped out. It was one of those really slow-motion falls where I had enough time to put the bike down and run through it, rather than fall on my face. :D

Highlight? Without a doubt the time when we passed a couple walking their dogs (without a leash, I might add). They took chase of my buddy and I don't remember him riding that fast (even down some of the hills). He just hammered away from them and they kept up. I almost fell off my bike I was laughing so hard! :p I wish I had a video camera with me to capture it. They chased him for nearly 100 yards then gave up and disappeared.

The uphills, the downhills, the technical sections, the easy spots and the siesta under the tree when we were done was absolutely great! Very highly recommended to anyone that hasn't been there already.

Okay, that's it. I'm done blabbing. I'm going to finish my Dairy Queen, stretch and laugh thinking about those dogs and my poor buddy. :p :D
  • 07-07-2005
    nogearshere
    i realize this thought was 6 days ago but there is a great 'fun' series at albion every tuesday. if you like the trails as a whole, the organizers put together some pretty cool courses (usually 4-6k) and mix it up...with new trails and olde ones in reverse.

it is worth the drive and a good mix of shaven freaks and newbies.
    CHICO RACING
  • 07-08-2005
    AndrewTO
    It's funny you mentioned that - I asked about it at the gate. The way I see you type 'fun' though.... well, it's all good, right? :D

Thanks for the reminder, I gotta update a thread. ;)
  • 07-08-2005
    nogearshere
    yes i bracketed the fun because that is what it is called, what chico advertises and promotes and what most people are there for. if you haven't noticed, MTB venues some to attract alot of 'knobs' (also emphasized) that take life, and themselves, waaay to seriously!

the tuesday series is really worth a try...i enjoy it because a timed and fixed lap lets me gauge my improvement or decline accordingly.

cheers.
  • 07-08-2005
    AndrewTO
    HAHAH! Knobs, he say's.

Well, it would only make sense for me. Whn I go drag racing it's never in an actualy event for any kind of real win. I just do Time Trials during Test and Tune day's to gauge my overall improvement.

I might just check it out.

FWIW - oh geez, do I EVER LOVE that Black trail. Wicked fun.... except that ONE tree. Scary first time 'round!!!!! :eek: Brushed it with my right shirt sleeve!!!!!!! Didn't bite it, though. (phew)

Thanks!