My first experience at Mont saint Anne- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

My first experience at Mont saint Anne

I am writing this short review while staying at Mont saint Anne campground.

The drive is very long and there is few gas stations on Quebec highway.
    I was very tire at the end of Friday. I was lost on highway and end up driving to Montreal. I managed to avoid driving into the city. I found my way back to highway 440 east. I figured out French words. Ouest means west and est as east.

I end up driving into Quebec city. The city is small like Paris. The roads are similar to European roads. I only hate the one way streets. I was frustrated driving through the whole city.

I went down first flowy trail called la bapteme. It isn't on the map yet. It was awesome experience for me on first downhill flowy trail
    I was going to LA Vietnam trail but I was lost and end up to LA fordue trail. This trail is very tough. It has deep Rocky drop off. The drop off is 6 ft tall. Other rocks are also huge and sharp. The tree roots are massive.

Stay tune for further updates. 8am cooking fry rice for dinner. I am famished.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Rocking on a Rocky
    Remember no right hand turns on red lights in Quebec. Left turns are ok.
    :thumbsup:It doesn't matter what I ride as long as I ride it Rubber Side Down●~●.

9 lives
    I'm glad you made it to MSA and rode some trails. You've been talking about it for quite some time. It's been about 5 years since we rode there. I enjoyed my trips there but now I prefer Vallée Bras-du-Nord (St Raymond and Shannahan trails ) My favorite trails at MSA include La Grisante which is nice and flowy and won't beat you up. La Vietnam is fun. I tackled La Tordue a few times and I rode parts of the world cup DH and xc course. My husband rode the more challenging trails like Tak Tak and 1837 . We also rode the xc trails which were also quite challenging compared to the Ontario terrain. La Zappa and L’Arche du Boisé are the two that come to mind. These intersect the dh trails and it was fun to mix it up.

The locals seemed to prefer the enduro trails and MSA is building more of these types of trails. DH seems to have leveled out in popularity

Hope you enjoy your riding and keep the rubber side down
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    What is the difference between the enduro and DH trails?

9 lives
    A few differences

The enduro trails are longer; (a dh trail like La Grisante takes about 5 minutes to go down at speed) some climbs and lots of technical down sections. You don't need a big double crown fork; an am bike with good suspension travel for the drops etc

I've always liked the longer trails and didn't mind the climbs when I rode my am Transition
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I rode the LA Vietnam trail today. The tough section located at the creek. The roots were big and steep. I walked for a bit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    A few differences

The enduro trails are longer; (a dh trail like La Grisante takes about 5 minutes to go down at speed) some climbs and lots of technical down sections. You don't need a big double crown fork; an am bike with good suspension travel for the drops etc

I've always liked the longer trails and didn't mind the climbs when I rode my am Transition
    Which enduro trail do you recommend?

I saw mountain trails on the map but I don't know where it begins.

There was Quebec single track race today hence some single tracks and DH trails were closed.

Gondola close on Tuesday and Wednesday. Does the park do maintenance on these days?

People were riding really fast down hill. I was taking my time riding down without getting killed.

9 lives
    Explore the xc trails. When we were there the last time, I recall that some started near the gondola but ran in the opposite direction from the dh trails. I looked at the most recent trail map and there is way more trails now than we we were there last. Looks like the MSA trail builders have been very busy.

Talk to the locals they can recommend the popular trails
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

9 lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    I rode the LA Vietnam trail today. The tough section located at the creek. The roots were big and steep. I walked for a bit.

La vietnam was singlesprocket's favorite trail!

We rode L'Erabliere. A wonderful trail best suited for all-mountain but I enjoyed the tight turns, deep ruts, roots and rocks. Reminded me of Grab Bag (at blue mtn ) only 5x longer. It hooks into la vietnam
    L'Echappee is another enduro/xc type trail. Should be on the maps
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I noticed that the rear end of the bike bounce when I dropped it on the ground.

I pumped it up with lots of air so it doesn't bottom out good down hill.

There is guy whom own an evil offering equipped with push 11 shock. His bike rear end didn't bounce when it dropped off the ground. The bike stuck like glue to the ground.

Is this the benefit of push 11 shock?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    My body is very sore from the DH ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    Remember no right hand turns on red lights in Quebec. Left turns are ok.
    Right turn on red lights are still forbidden on Montreal Island but permitted everywhere else except on some busier intersection (usually a sign with no right turn between 7h and 22h)

Picard if you have an all mountain bike there's really a lot of option in the XC part of the mountain. Just look at the map on mont-sainte-anne.com.

If you only have a dh bike and want to ride something different, rent an all-mountain bike in Vallée-Bras-du-Nord and ride Neilson and Légende trails...
    2015 Salsa Blackborow 1
    2017 Devinci Hatchet Carbon
    2009 Spec Tricross Sport
    2019 Ibis Ripmo spring '19...

mtbr member
    Nov 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyJo1 View Post
    Remember no right hand turns on red lights in Quebec.
    Not true for at least few years, island of Montreal is the only exception.
    Whoops, sounds like a dupe

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisQC View Post
    Right turn on red lights are still forbidden on Montreal Island but permitted everywhere else except on some busier intersection (usually a sign with no right turn between 7h and 22h)

Picard if you have an all mountain bike there's really a lot of option in the XC part of the mountain. Just look at the map on mont-sainte-anne.com.

If you only have a dh bike and want to ride something different, rent an all-mountain bike in Vallée-Bras-du-Nord and ride Neilson and Légende trails...
    I only turn right at green light. I learn traffic rules fast