MTB near Kinmount, ON- Mtbr.com
    Workin for the weekend!

MTB near Kinmount, ON

Going on vacay for the first week of July, looking for a spot to ride some single track...

Not finding much that is close to Crystal Lake.

Any ideas from the peanut galley? Appreciate any/all replies.
    Todd :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Bit of a drive, but haliburton forest has some great trails. It's the site of crank the shield so the trails are fairly nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Crystal lake is right in the middle of the 5 points trails. Lots of rocky ATV double track there. The closest mountain bike trail would be silent lake or haliburton.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    There may be some single track close by there, since the Corduroy Enduro (moto) runs through that area. Whether marked or maintained is another story.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have a cottage on Crystal Lake and ride the previous noted 5 points trails - we usually have a group (typically 4-6) riding most weekends (early morning rides) - note that early July is not typically the best time to ride these trails due to deer flies and mud - although the flies make you ride faster - its all double track and some road - we are usually out for 2 hrs or so - longer rides are possible - you are welcome to join us

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    From Kinmount proper you're about 45 minutes to Sir Sam's, and just over an hour to Buckwallow.

mtbr member
    The Glebe Park trail system in the village of Haliburton is fantastic. Well maintained by local club, interesting and fun singletrack, plus you can ride into town afterwards for refreshments. If you are on FB, join the Haliburton Mountain Bike Club group and start asking questions.

Closer to Kinmount, I recall that a friend of mine sometimes rides an ATV trail somewhere near there. Apparently very scenic and technical riding. Don't go on a weekend when the ATVers are there. I can't remember the directions but someone in that group will know.

Workin for the weekend!
    Appreciate all the feedback guys, thank you for that. I'm on the fence about dragging my bike out there now, as it looks like it's a 50min drive to trailhead... I'm literally 2 mins from the trail here @ home, and in previous years it was 10 mins to Buckwallow or Haroldtown, or 20 mins to Sir Sams... Manageable distance. Vacation is about family, and killing 2 hours driving out & back for a 2 hour ride keeps me away too much. Oh well.

Might have to spend the week fishing/swimming/goofing off more, could be worse!?!...

Ride safe, thanks again!
    Todd :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Nobody mentioned the Somerville Tract off of Hwy 503. I take the trails there aren't suitable for MTBing? I'm past there a couple of times & wondered about the trails. Due to time constraints & time of year (early spring) I haven't had a chance to hike in & check the conditions.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

Members who have read this thread: 0