Mt Tremblant?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Mt Tremblant?

Jan 2004

Mt Tremblant?

How's biking down there? Full blown Dh or what? Do they welcome bikers on the lifts?

mtbr member
    There is no biking allowed on Tremblant.

You can "mountain bike" from the foot of Mont Tremblant to the village of Tremblant (about 10-15 km I think) on roads that go through some woods. Not very exciting or challenging.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Are we sure there is no riding?

Find a local bike shop to get the full story, it has a lot of trails in the area, at one point biking was allowed there, and there may still be epic trails nearby or attached to the mountian as well..

People have to ride somewhere and I can't belive that there isn't a good trail nearby.

I spent a full day there 8 years ago and it was fantastic.

See: http://www.tremblant.ca/activities/s...in/index-e.htm

From http://www.out-there.com/tremblan.htm

Mountain Biking

Bikers can choose from over 75km of jeep track, dirt road and single track. The trails are predominantly in the Lac Monroe area but their is an excellent ride of 17km in the Pimbina Sector. If your still looking for more variety the world renown Mont Tremblant resort is nearby and it has another twenty trails you might want to try.

La Diable Sector

Les Chutes Croches - Beginner 9.2km
    Mostly rolling jeep track with one short climb it leads from the campgrounds on the east side of Lac Monroe to the beautiful Chutes Croches.

La Renardiere - Beginner 6.0km
    Essentially a part of the Le Revage trail you can use a return path at the bottom of Lac Monroe to shorten the distance and turn it into a loop.

Le Ravage - Beginner 11.6km
    The trail runs from the campgrounds on the east side of Lac Monroe the trail has some great undulations and single track on the way to the Relais du Ravage Hut.

Lac-Bochet - 18.6km
    From the parking lot at Lac du Brochet the trail travels to the Petite Riviere Cachee and follows along the banks for a few kilometers before turning sharply north to the Refuge de la Cache. This is a linear trail.

Le Boule - 10.8km
    An out and back consisting of jeep track and dirt road starting from Hwy one below the Monroe Service center. The trial leads to the Relais du Campe hut or you can take the south branche to the lake.

Pimbina Sector

Lac Cassagne - 17km
    The trail climbs from just outside of the Saint-Donat Centre d'accueil. A linear section leads to a 7km section that loops back to the main trail. The loop passes several lakes including Lac Cassagne and Lac Telephore and leads to the Relais du Lariou Hut.

Apr 2005
    There are bike trails there and i know this for a fact. ALso think of it like this... WHy would they have rentals at the base of the mountain? That doesnt make sense if there aint no trails.. Correct? THe trails are not downhill they are like casual ravine type trails, paved trails is what i hit maybe 2-3 years ago. Downhills, climbs, all sorts of things. I was maybe 13 when i went with my parents and we did the easy trail. THere are more trails there a little bit more advanced. As for biking down tremblant, i do not think they do that. But tehre are trails around the mountain.

mtbr member
    Sorry, but there is no mountain biking allowed on the mountain itself. Sure, there is some stuff on the South side of the mountain (that is why they rent bikes), but it is not very challenging or technical. Depends on your level and skill, of course.

Chad-WL posted some good stuff, but that refers to Park Tremblant. You access that by going to the North side and it is quite removed from the village at the foot of Tremblant. I have never biked out there, so I have nothing to offer on that. Park Tremblant is huge and I have to believe that the trails out there are far superior to what the South side has to offer.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross