Montreal Area Riding- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Montreal Area Riding

Considering going to McGill. Hows the mountain biking up there? Does it usually snow too much to ride through the winter? How close to Montreal are the trails and is there public transportation to get to them? Thanks,

-dM

Live 4 2day
    Quebec is far more progressive than Ontario when it comes to cycling. I believe they spent some $70 million plus building the "La Route Verte", the greed road over the past few years. Not exactly single track, but a safe place to lay out miles.

Maybe just do a Google search for velo clubs in Montreal.

JG

Mar 2004

Bromont is all you need, 1/2 hour from MTL.

No matter what kind of riding you do, Bromont on HWY 10 south of MTL has it all...lift DH runs, miles of singletrack xc and fr, If I lived there I wouldn't need to go anywhere else. Also, "the mountain" in central Montreal is a huge park with, I believe, lots of trails. It's been years since I lived there but back then there was quite a good network of off the path singletrack. And yes, winters in MTL a serious. Lots of snow, but it don't stop the couriers! Just buck up, get a touque, some studded tires and hit Peel street southbound...you'll have a blast!
    Quote Originally Posted by laxguy86
    Considering going to McGill. Hows the mountain biking up there? Does it usually snow too much to ride through the winter? How close to Montreal are the trails and is there public transportation to get to them? Thanks,

-dM

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    First off a few websites:

www.allezy.net : A good website for the love of the outdoor and mountain biking. Don't worry about the site being in french, you can ask questions in english, people will answer you.

Dhracer.com : Also in french but more freeride and DH oriented... again, ask questions in english, people will answer

www.clubveloepic.org : a bike club formely known as Montreal Mountain Bike Club (MMBC). About 50/50 french/english content. Probably one of the biggest club in montreal

www.eastsidefreeride.com : Yeh! A website about freeriding in montreal in English!

As for the trails, there is lots to do around montreal if you're willing to drive... I know that Le Yeti (an outdoor store) as weekly rides scheduled up north taht they take everyone in one big van...

Check out those links, it's gonna be a good start!