Mohawk College Hamilton Partnership for Velodrome- Mtbr.com
    mtbr Decade+

Mohawk College Hamilton Partnership for Velodrome

I'm hearing some talk about this and think it to be a great idea. A velodrome a 20 minute ride away would be so sweet!

Mohawk seems to have a boatload of money to complement the City's zero money, seems like a "partnership" made in heaven.

http://www.thespec.com/news/local/ar...-for-velodrome
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

Evil Jr.
    That would be pretty awesome for Mohawk.

I'm not in the "inner circle" for the velodrome (and those who were, signed exceedingly strict confidentiality agreements) but I know enough people who are (the HCC president, the head of the OCA, the head of the CCA, the head of the NCCH, the HCyC rep...) to know that they pretty much threw everything they already had out the window and started from scratch.

There were hundreds of sites in the running. Some owned by the City and others not. The last I heard, they'd narrowed it down to three (secret) locations but that was at Xmas...
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr Decade+
    Should I start practice riding in counterclockwise ovals?
    "I love being on a bike. It helps me feel free. I get it from my dad", by Guillaume Blanchet

bi-winning
    2015 is coming up quickly....
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Evil Jr.
    Not to toot my own horn, but last night was the first meeting of the 2010-2014 Hamilton Cycling Committee. As a result, I am quite happy to announce that I was one of the lucky fifteen citizens appointed by Council to the Committee (I wasn't a shoe-in either; there were nearly twice as many applicants as there were positions. ).

Now that I'm actually a Committee member (and since the current Committee representative wasn't returning), I jumped at the chance to jump onto the velodrome advisory committee!

I have been told that Council will be making their final site evaluation "by" May 11. As to what Staff will recommend, your guess is as good as mine.

Should be a fun 4 years!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    Not to toot my own horn, but last night was the first meeting of the 2010-2014 Hamilton Cycling Committee. As a result, I am quite happy to announce that I was one of the lucky fifteen citizens appointed by Council to the Committee (I wasn't a shoe-in either; there were nearly twice as many applicants as there were positions. ).

Now that I'm actually a Committee member (and since the current Committee representative wasn't returning), I jumped at the chance to jump onto the velodrome advisory committee!

I have been told that Council will be making their final site evaluation "by" May 11. As to what Staff will recommend, your guess is as good as mine.

Should be a fun 4 years!

So...new baby on the way, new job with more travel and more hours, Hamilton Cycling Club executive, Good Friday Road Race Committee, Christie Lake trail building project and now this. Are you planning on cloning yourself, or just not sleeping for the next three years?
    Strava made me do it....

Evil Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unglued
    So...new baby on the way, new job with more travel and more hours, Hamilton Cycling Club executive, Good Friday Road Race Committee, Christie Lake trail building project and now this. Are you planning on cloning yourself, or just not sleeping for the next three years?
    While the new job does involve more travel, it has the resulting benefit of allowing me to work from home when I'm not on the road (I'm writing this from the dining room table! ).

In the end though, you're right, something has to give and this year, it will probably be racing. All things considered, it will be worth the sacrifice. One doesn't have opportunities such as these thrust upon them every day (When will I ever have the chance to get involved in the development of a new velodrome again?) and, to paraphrase Brian Mulroney, Carpe Diem!

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    While the new job does involve more travel, it has the resulting benefit of allowing me to work from home when I'm not on the road (I'm writing this from the dining room table! ).

In the end though, you're right, something has to give and this year, it will probably be racing. All things considered, it will be worth the sacrifice. One doesn't have opportunities such as these thrust upon them every day (When will I ever have the chance to get involved in the development of a new velodrome again?) and, to paraphrase Brian Mulroney, Carpe Diem!

Then again, with a new baby, it's not like you'll be sleeping a whole bunch in any event.

I am surprised you have not established a sattelite office at Cafe Domestique.
    Strava made me do it....

Lemmy Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by nspace
    Just let me know when I need to get out swiffer to dust off my track bike.

Congrats GM!
    I saw your track bike hanging on the wall behind you on that vid you posted after the Tour de Buttertart. Nice bike! I thoroughly approve....
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    Just let me know when I need to get out swiffer to dust off my track bike.

Congrats GM!

Members who have read this thread: 0