Mississauga trail riders.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Mississauga trail riders.

Anyone here mountain bike regularly in Mississauga? Specifically the erindale/culham trail?

Loving Life
    I live in the West end of Mississauga, right on the Milton border at 10th line. The Culhma trail is really the only "mtb trail" in Mississauga and it's about 12km I think. It's basically good for a 30 min ride one way and the signage isn't that great so when you get put back onto residential streets you'll sort of have to guess which way to go to get back on the Culham trail.

There's a reason I don't ride my bike in Mississauga and why I won't be living here when I'm finished school. Urban sprawl has pretty much taken over and last existing agricultural space and there is a complete lack of any sort of green space what so ever. When I go for my training rides the most dangerous part seems to be the first 5 minutes where I'm leaving Mississauga and heading into Milton, I get buzzed the most and honked at the most then.

Lemmy Rules!
    Riding in Misissauga = putting my bike on the roof of the car and taking it to Albion, Hilton Falls or Kelso...
    Strava made me do it....

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Haha yea i know exactly what you mean...they recently tore apart a park close by to build houses.

I was seriously looking into getting a bike this summer. I live very close to the erindale trail and could've easily biked there.

Was hoping to find some people locally who still trail here so I wouldnt be alone.

mtbr member
    When I lived in Mississauga I would usually just head east for the don valley trails. Occasionally I would ride erindale though.

mtbr member
    Sometimes I ride Erindale, but cycling in Mississauga is pretty terrible. Culham trail is pretty much the only thing worth while and that is usually if I only have a very small window to fit my ride into. Don is the best thing thats close if you are on the east end, otherwise Kelso is your next best thing.

mtbr member
    I can do a good 40km trip down the credit, well there and back. But there is lots of trail that can be combo'd up and that 40km i normally do can turn into 60+. I have yet to see if i can push the trail, as Google earth has opened my eyes to the surrounding area.

mtbr member
    I live 5 minutes from Erindale Park. Apart from the Culham Trail, there is a lot of single track along the banks. It is kind of discontinuous, but you can get in some good loops. You can hit the so called Challenge Park and spend some time there as well. I can get a good 2 hours of riding without being on any roads very long. I agree that drivers in Mississauga are some of the worst. I ride downtown Toronto and feel safer there than on much wider streets in the burbs. I have the same experience with the road rides toward Milton. I can't wait to get west of Winston Churchill. I use Erindale Park for mid week rides. Weekends are for Albion, Kelso, Hilton Falls, Ravenshoe and Hardwood. When I can, I also hit Kolapore and Three Stages.

X-Ray Guy
    Yeh I only hit up the erindale area and sawmill valley trails on the way home. I didnt much as much money into my new mountain bike this year because I knew i would be spending more time on my road bike living in this city.

Members who have read this thread: 0