Midhurst Trails?- Mtbr.com
    Moderator Moderator

Midhurst Trails?

I'm going on a bit of a mountain bike road trip in August, going to be passing through the Barrie area. Just wondering if the Midhurst Trails (near the community sports complex) are worth it to stop for an hour or two and squeeze a ride in? I keep finding mixed info on the place and distances ranging anywhere from 25km of trail to 10km. Anyone have some good info they can share?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It is worth a couple hour ride if you are going through there anyway. There ar not a ton of trails, 10-15km is probably accurate but they are fun. I would suggest starting from the Simcoe County Education building, parking lot to the far right when you go in and the trails start in the back corner. Head out from there and it will take you across some train track and into more trails. You eventually should come to a road, which if you go across there are further trails. All can easily be done in a couple hours.

There is another trails that is a bit tougher to find that when you go out from the education building, you actually go across to behind the main county building onto some double track. A short ways down that there is a short trail to the left that will bring you back to the double track a bit further down and then continues on on the other side of the double track. There are some fun drops and ladders in that area but it isn't a long loop, 15 minutes or so.

Here is a link to one of my rides in there that may help. The section I am talking about just above is the short loop to the right. May 6, 2015 ShantySpark Ride | Trailforks

Hope that helps.

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by shantyspark View Post
    It is worth a couple hour ride if you are going through there anyway. There ar not a ton of trails, 10-15km is probably accurate but they are fun. I would suggest starting from the Simcoe County Education building, parking lot to the far right when you go in and the trails start in the back corner. Head out from there and it will take you across some train track and into more trails. You eventually should come to a road, which if you go across there are further trails. All can easily be done in a couple hours.

There is another trails that is a bit tougher to find that when you go out from the education building, you actually go across to behind the main county building onto some double track. A short ways down that there is a short trail to the left that will bring you back to the double track a bit further down and then continues on on the other side of the double track. There are some fun drops and ladders in that area but it isn't a long loop, 15 minutes or so.

Here is a link to one of my rides in there that may help. The section I am talking about just above is the short loop to the right. May 6, 2015 ShantySpark Ride | Trailforks

Hope that helps.
    Thanks alot. Thats the kind of info I was looking for. Looks like its worth the stop on my way through. I use to dirt bike at Hendrie Tract back in the day and heard that there were good mountain bike trails nearby.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Midhurst is super fun IMO - enjoy!
    www.abikeslife.com ontario bike stuff!

WolfPak Racing! :thumbsup:
    https://www.facebook.com/wolfpakracingcanada