Message for Twenty4 Sports – Some friendly advice- Mtbr.com
    Looking for Adventure

Message for Twenty4 Sports – Some friendly advice

I noticed that you may be feeling a little disenchanted with the mountain bikers of Southern Ontario. At one time you were at the top of the heap, with all the success of your 24 hour race series. However, it isn’t like it used to be, right?

Let me give you a little advice…..

Organizers like Chico Racing, Bikenxs, Alpha Racing, and W.O.W. are still successful and still strong here in Southern Ontario, because of one basic reason:

They are, and still remain, grass roots supporters of the mountain biking community.
    They run local events.
    They build, or help build new trails.
    They actively maintain and take ownership of trails.
    They are advocates in the challenge to keep trails open, and are active in the politics.
    They support conservation centres or resorts that provide mountain biking.
    They do their fair share of charitable service to the mountain biking community (without being paid I might add).

You, well, where are you most of the time. You collect money, run events in some remote office building, and think you are some major corporation. But what do you really offer to the community…..think about it.

I know your office location is in the Toronto area, but you could be in New York city and nobody would notice.

Do something for us……, and you will get noticed.

Ricksom

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

No good yeah

Just to add...

After (and before) every Chico event, the guys do trail maintenance. I have never seen Twenty4 Sports do any trail work... in fact the over populated events leave a MASSIVE scar on the terrain. No wonder places like Kelso and Hardwood want nothing to do with you.
    Hell I want nothing to do with you.
    End rant.
    this space left intentionally blank

the wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricksom

Organizers like Chico Racing, Bikenxs, Alpha Racing, and W.O.W. are still successful and still strong here in Southern Ontario, because of one basic reason:

They are, and still remain, grass roots supporters of the mountain biking community.
    They run local events.
    They build, or help build new trails.
    They actively maintain and take ownership of trails.
    They are advocates in the challenge to keep trails open, and are active in the politics.
    They support conservation centres or resorts that provide mountain biking.
    They do their fair share of charitable service to the mountain biking community (without being paid I might add).

You, well, where are you most of the time. You collect money, run events in some remote office building, and think you are some major corporation. But what do you really offer to the community?..think about it.

I know your office location is in the Toronto area, but you could be in New York city and nobody would notice.

Do something for us??, and you will get noticed.

Ricksom
    i really dont like doing this but allthough chico runs really nice venues and build and maintain trails he does not support conservation areas as they should and he is just as much a business as 24 sports. why do you think mountain biking is no more at dagmar.of course this is my opinion that is mostly based on hearsay

allthough cudos to chico for the charity 6 hour in the fall. its probably the one race in the fall that touches heart with the southern ontario riders.
    do it, do it DO IT!!
    DOOOO IIIIIT!!

I wonder why?

If you don't know what you are talking about why don't you keep your big yap shut!

Quote Originally Posted by garboui
    chico... does not support conservation areas ... why do you think mountain biking is no more at dagmar.of course this is my opinion that is mostly based on hearsay.
    YOUR opinion is based on heresay! Way to go garboui! There's nothing like a gossipmonger!

Adam and Shawn (Chico et al) have been working WITH conservation areas for years. They, along with others, have built many of the mountain bike trails at Durham Forest, Walkers Woods, Glen Major, and Albion Hills (all conservation areas). In addition, over the years they have actively worked to maintain these trails.

They have also built many trails on "Private Property," with the owners consent of course, Skyloft, Dagmar, and Pleasure Valley are a few that come to mind.

So let's see, they build trails and do trail maintenance at conservation areas (some which they do not hold events on) and they clean up and do trail repairs/maintenance after their events. The sites, welcome them back. So exactly what more should they be doing?

As far as Dagmar is concerned, it is private property and the owner had his own reasons for closing HIS mountain bike trails. The fact that very few people rode there anymore, aside from Chico's Weds. events, may have had something to do with it.

Oh yeah, I heard that your momma and girlfriend/sister tag teamed the local rugby club. They must have had a really good time! Just my opinion, based on heresay.

Last edited by i1dry; 01-29-2005 at 01:24 PM. Reason: (sp)

livin' large
    Quote Originally Posted by i1dry
    YOUR opinion is based on heresay! Way to go garboui! There's nothing like a gossipmonger!

Adam and Shawn (Chico et al) have been working WITH conservation areas for years. They, along with others, have built many of the mountain bike trails at Durham Forest, Walkers Woods, Glen Major, and Albion Hills (all conservation areas). In addition, over the years they have actively worked to maintain these trails.

They have also built many trails on "Private Property," with the owners consent of course, Skyloft, Dagmar, and Pleasure Valley are a few that come to mind.

So let's see, they build trails and do trail maintenance at conservation areas (some which they do not hold events on) and they clean up and do trail repairs/maintenance after their events. The sites, welcome them back. So exactly what more should they be doing?

As far as Dagmar is concerned, it is private property and the owner had his own reasons for closing HIS mountain bike trails. The fact that very few people rode there anymore, aside from Chico's Weds. events, may have had something to do with it.

Oh yeah, I heard that your momma and girlfriend/sister tag teamed the local rugby club. They must have had a really good time! Just my opinion, based on heresay.

Easy big shooter, no need to be hostile...

I wonder why?

... and if we just ... Ouch!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian-clydesdale
    Easy big shooter, no need to be hostile...
    The intent was not to be hostile, but over-the-top, hence the

My post was simply an exagerated attempt to illustrate a point, that slanderous inuendo based on heresay is inappropriate.

On the other hand, maybe we could go back to buring heritics at the stake, only based on heresay of course.
    Last edited by i1dry; 01-31-2005 at 09:04 PM. Reason: (sp)

rad to the power of sick
    Like the fellas above said, twentyfour sports lacks the intimate grassroots relationship they used to have. IMHO...they expanded way beyond their means and were far to ambitious for a sport which is still struggling to get its roots into our culture. Also, I've ridden kelso after the races and I'm appalled at the amounts of scrap '24 hr' tape there is, also the huge moto cross banks that form on the outside of the puddles is disasterous.

If they can get back to their roots and not try to save the infrastructure they already had, then they might be able to recover.

Does anyone know how the sign up numbers have been this year for twentyfour sports?
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    hey aaron,

how's it going? Uni? you all edumacated now?

All i have to say is i got me a team spot for the solestice. chico puts on a great event!

Trevor

rad to the power of sick
    Hey bud, how ya doin?

Yup im still sloggin' my way through first year. Weekday nerd, weekend alcoholic, full time gym rat. Yup.. im a walking paradox lol.

When things warm up we gotta hit some trails!

keep in touch
    Aaron
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/