MEC Filzer Computer- Mtbr.com
    Live 4 2day

MEC Filzer Computer

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...=1098449755788

Has anybody used this computer and is it any good? Thanks in advance.

JG

Mar 2004
    Have been using that for 1000+kms and hasn't broke yet, simply but functional. Reading is kinda slow but you can't go wrong with the price.

mtbr member

Yup!

Hey. I use it on my road bike and it's fantastic. I've tried two or three different Cateye computers and this one's better than them all!

Definitely recommended.

Dan

almost there!

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! MEC: Nite Hawk Digital Emitter LED Headlight

I'm changing the topic here but I just wanted to let everyone know that this new light they have doesn't produce "the equivalent of 10 watts" of light. It's a good light but I have another light system that is 10 watts and this light was about half as bright. I bought it to test it out and I've returned it since. It's definitely a bright light that would be great for commuting but not for going off road with.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...=1098461384841

some kind of hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by lot8con8
    http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_d...=1098449755788

Has anybody used this computer and is it any good? Thanks in advance.

JG
    I have just started using one which I swap between my mountain bike and a road bike. I bought an extra mount kit for the road bike. The price is right, and since I seem to go through these things often the less they cost, the better.

I am ok with the computer, but the display is really busy... Almost too much info. I like it most for my indoor trainer since I can spend the time to read the diplay without worrying about piling into a tree...

What's with the mount? Its like a plumber's nightmare, and the handlebar clamp comes in two different sizes. One size fits a standard handlebar and the other might fit a 4" drainage pipe, but it is useless for a bike. The mount kit only comes with the useless clamp... The sensor wire is too short to mount on the rear wheel...

But I complain too much... The thing is great for the money... LOL

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I had this computer on my old rigid bike and it worked fine. Since buying a hardtail, I can't get the sensor to attach close enough to the fork...I also don't have zip ties long enough to go around the fork.

Any recommendations here? (yes I haven't worked too hard on this, I'm sure it's not that difficult).

Crank monkey

I have one...

The thing crapped out on me after about a month. I don't think it was the computer, but the wiring harness. I've just been too lazy to try and fix it, and for $15, I'm not sure it'll be worth my time. Since I already have 2 cateyes (1 Mity 2 and a wireless 2) that work fine, I'm in no rush to replace it. I guess my wife's bike will have to go without for a while longer.
    Cheers,
    Smytty

Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    I had this computer on my old rigid bike and it worked fine. Since buying a hardtail, I can't get the sensor to attach close enough to the fork...I also don't have zip ties long enough to go around the fork.

Any recommendations here? (yes I haven't worked too hard on this, I'm sure it's not that difficult).
    yeah, if you're willing to make some esthetic sacrifices, you can wrap electrical tpe around your fork leg until you have built it up enough to reach your sensor. worked for me, but ugly