Mansfield or Albion- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Mansfield or Albion

My backpacking plans got cut down early because of blackflys and mosquitos, so the G/F and I are going riding tomorrow.

Whis is better? Mansfield or Albion?

Chad

some kind of hero...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad-WL
    My backpacking plans got cut down early because of blackflys and mosquitos, so the G/F and I are going riding tomorrow.

Whis is better? Mansfield or Albion?

Chad
    They are both really nice, but I'm closer to Albion, so that's my preference. The WOW 24 hour race is on right now at Mansfield anyway, so I suggest Albion tomorrow...

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

mtbr member
    Albion is in fantastic shape. I was there Saturday and almost missed the new section of single track they opened this year. It adds a nice touch to the overall experience. The full loop (follow the big black arrow) is now close to 24km.
    My rides:
    Lynskey Ti Pro29 SS
    RM Suzi Q 90 RSL
    KHS Team 29
    S-Works Roubaix
    KHS CX 550 cyclocross

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Whats the best loop?
    Albion it is I guess.

Cheers!

some kind of hero...
    Whats the best loop?
    Albion it is I guess.

Cheers!
    Try the large BLACK arrows... I've always gotten to sections that didn't have markings, but it will keep you busy!

Cheers
    GEVELTERSCHMIDT RACING

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I was at Albion Saturday as well and found the new singletrack they opened...it was really nice. Actually, it reminded me of the intermediate/advanced loop at Mansfield. I found it more technical then the rest of the course but I was riding really well so I didn't think of it until afterwards. Those little, sharp stumps that point towards the rider are something to look out for...I hit one without seeing it and almost fell over

I got a pass this year for Albion; $37.50 tax included...can't beat it (now I just have to find time to go!).

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by noonievut
    I was at Albion Saturday as well and found the new singletrack they opened...it was really nice. Actually, it reminded me of the intermediate/advanced loop at Mansfield. I found it more technical then the rest of the course but I was riding really well so I didn't think of it until afterwards. Those little, sharp stumps that point towards the rider are something to look out for...I hit one without seeing it and almost fell over
    The black loop was fantastic, we did that plus a ton of other random stuff..

Lots of climbing and technical sections, plus a few rock gardens to play in.. Nice place to ride, too bad it's 140km from my place.

Chad

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I was up at Albion on friday night after work.. I really enjoyed it except that I'm really out of shape and couldn't handle it at all.. I will definitly be going back a few more times to explore somemore of the trails.

It was my first time there so I was a little lost but the trails seemed to be marked out pretty well. The only time I felt lost was when I decided to cut the ride short and call it a night, trying to figure out where on the trail I was caused some confusion.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The black loop was fantastic, we did that plus a ton of other random stuff..

Lots of climbing and technical sections, plus a few rock gardens to play in.. Nice place to ride, too bad it's 140km from my place.

Chad
    There was one rock garden I decided to walk down...I'm sour now though because that was the only time I got off the bike and I should've tried to nail it...next time.