Magura HS-33's In GTA- Mtbr.com

Jul 2005

Magura HS-33's In GTA

I jsut got back in the saddle after 10 years hiatus. My Previous ride was a Profel 857 which I loved, but the part I loved the most were my magura HS-22's. I recently got in possesion of an old GT RTS3 Bike in excellent condition (I know its old but the bike handles perfectly for my style of riding) but the brakes leave something to be desired. I don't think I could put disc brakes on there (and wouldn't want to due to the cost) but I sure would love to put some magura's on it. I checked out their site and found that the current model is HS-33, however I can't find anywhere to buy these in the Toronto area? Any one know of a good bike store her eI can check out. I've just recently moved to toronto about 7 months ago and Just started biking again so I'm starting from scratch.

thanks in advance!

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Magura doesn't have a canuck distributor anymore which is why its hard to source the brakes (gotta order from Magura USA). I have a small stockpile of NOS HS-22s myself (only a dozen or so) but most of them are fronts.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gtiseb
    I jsut got back in the saddle after 10 years hiatus. My Previous ride was a Profel 857 which I loved, but the part I loved the most were my magura HS-22's. I recently got in possesion of an old GT RTS3 Bike in excellent condition (I know its old but the bike handles perfectly for my style of riding) but the brakes leave something to be desired. I don't think I could put disc brakes on there (and wouldn't want to due to the cost) but I sure would love to put some magura's on it. I checked out their site and found that the current model is HS-33, however I can't find anywhere to buy these in the Toronto area? Any one know of a good bike store her eI can check out. I've just recently moved to toronto about 7 months ago and Just started biking again so I'm starting from scratch.

thanks in advance!
    Now what'd'ya go and do THAT for?

Anyways - welcome to the club! Congrats on the "new" ride.

While it's not in the GTA, you might want to check out this page, about halfway down. "Trails riders dreams", if it's not on the first page when you view it.

Good luck!
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D