looks like winter's here to stay- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678

    looks like winter's here to stay

    had to put the bigger bikes away yesterday, dusted off the winterbikes, skis and snowshoes...looks like another 15 weeks of winter fun
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndrewTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,949
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    had to put the bigger bikes away yesterday, dusted off the winterbikes, skis and snowshoes...looks like another 15 weeks of winter fun
    I'd sooner look at pics of your commuter, albeit covered in fluffy white frozen precipitation, than your ski's. Hey, it's just me. Ski's are just too indicative of winter.

    Nice pics regardless, as usual.

    Skiing was at... ? (yes, I stoop to even ask)

    C'mon all, gather 'round the fireplace! JM's gonna tell us a story to go with the B52's and marshmallow's.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

    ... and cookies. :D

  3. #3
    rad to the power of sick
    Reputation: superlightracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,968
    Nice...

    Time to grab a 6'er of Waterloo dark, your pond skates, hockey gear and a few good buddies and play some pick up pond hockey.

    cheers,

    Aaron
    Some great sets for the trainer:
    https://www.mixcloud.com/djfeelgood/

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678

    its time for the holidays...

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO

    Skiing was at... ? (yes, I stoop to even ask)
    i'm off until the 3'rd

    belated answer to your question...

    we ski mostly here:

    http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/...7-12-2001.html

    my daughter is the manager here (thats her behind the counter)...also, these ski trails link up to our local trails that we ride (you may have seen some previous pics)

    cheers...merry Christmas, a safe and prosperous new year

    btw...anyboby ride last night?...took me 2 hours to do the 17km commute...a real slog coming out of the humber valley!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndrewTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,949
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    i'm off until the 3'rd

    belated answer to your question...

    we ski mostly here:

    http://www.ontarioparks.com/english/...7-12-2001.html

    my daughter is the manager here (thats her behind the counter)...also, these ski trails link up to our local trails that we ride (you may have seen some previous pics)

    cheers...merry Christmas, a safe and prosperous new year

    btw...anyboby ride last night?...took me 2 hours to do the 17km commute...a real slog coming out of the humber valley!
    COOL! That's a nice stretch of holiday's. I gotta tough it out next week, then the last week of the year is aaaaaaaall mine.

    Geez, I should'a figured you'd be there. I remember you posting about the place and your daughter working there. Looks like a neat place to ride. Oh, I mean ski!

    No riding for me. Bike's in pieces and not going together 'till the new frame comes in. My first ride on the new build will be my promised winter ride attempt. ONLY because the anticipation WILL drive me to do so.

    Wow, you really rode in yesterday's crap? Ugh! You probably had more traction than I did!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your's, JM (in case you're not seen untill then).
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

    ... and cookies. :D

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678
    actually, the ski trails are OK to ride in the summer, but because they're ski trails, the layout is ski friendly and they have to be 8' wide (new grooming equipment), but there are some vey nice trails (about 40km) to the south and west that connect into these trails. The ski trails make for a nice, family type ride but have lots of sand to grind on your bike (i've learned why sandpaper is made out of sand).

    Still lots of riding up here, but it's on the concessions...if you have a winterbike, its a great time to have some fun.

    went out for a few hours after a 15km xc ski morning around the Nottawasaga Riiver roads:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AndrewTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,949
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    actually, the ski trails are OK to ride in the summer, but because they're ski trails, the layout is ski friendly and they have to be 8' wide (new grooming equipment), but there are some vey nice trails (about 40km) to the south and west that connect into these trails. The ski trails make for a nice, family type ride but have lots of sand to grind on your bike (i've learned why sandpaper is made out of sand).

    Still lots of riding up here, but it's on the concessions...if you have a winterbike, its a great time to have some fun.

    went out for a few hours after a 15km xc ski morning around the Nottawasaga Riiver roads:
    Aaaaaah, JM, you just showed me one good reason to use Grip Shift - winter gloves. Looks like "fun".

    Can you explain the whole "sand" thing? Where's it coming from? Why is it there in the first place? Or is it just the ground under the snow being "dug up" from useage? (yes, I went skiing once in my life - 20 years ago - that was enough)
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

    ... and cookies. :D

  8. #8
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,678

    never noticed before...

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    Aaaaaah, JM, you just showed me one good reason to use Grip Shift - winter gloves. Looks like "fun".

    Can you explain the whole "sand" thing? Where's it coming from? Why is it there in the first place? Or is it just the ground under the snow being "dug up" from useage? (yes, I went skiing once in my life - 20 years ago - that was enough)

    ...but three of my winterbikes have gripshifts...the only one that doesn't (one of the ones with a purple bell) rips the fingers out of my gloves...both thumbs and index fingers. again...good catch!

    sand is just big stones ground down by the stress of just sitting there...if they could ride, they would really rock

    really just the way the glacial deposits and wind patterns work up here...nottawasaga bay pushes the lighter sand to the south end, the winds created the dunes on the east side, the glaciers pushed up blue mountain and the limestone on the west...giving us rocks and root trails and DH on the west, great road rides to the south, XC to the east, and on the north, you drown

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.