looking for xt rear derailer...anyone???- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

looking for xt rear derailer...anyone???

Hi gang,

I am looking for an xt rear derailer for my mountain bike. I would like to have a 2003 and up model with very little signs of abuse!
    Also, it must have the following specifications; 9 speed compatible, long cage.

If any of you have one you would like to unload please let me know.

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks and don't forget to visit my website at

http://groups.msn.com/PEDALOCTANE

Apr 2004
    did you try MEC? they usually have them in stock very reasonably priced.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by PedalOctaneManager
    Hi gang,

I am looking for an xt rear derailer for my mountain bike. I would like to have a 2003 and up model with very little signs of abuse!
    Also, it must have the following specifications; 9 speed compatible, long cage.

If any of you have one you would like to unload please let me know.

Email me at [email protected]

Thanks and don't forget to visit my website at

http://groups.msn.com/PEDALOCTANE
    on your way to MEC, stop in at Uncle Jacbob's, east side of Spadina just south of College...he had an XT and an XTR in his box of used stuff in the back yesterday, also new at a great price...ask for Jacob...also George (314 Augusta, in the back alley) has some as well...usually around $10

Economy Stimulator
    Sep 2004
    i got one...came stock on my 03 kona kula. not sure if it is long cage or not will have to check. It is definitely used though.

Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JM01
    on your way to MEC, stop in at Uncle Jacbob's, east side of Spadina just south of College...he had an XT and an XTR in his box of used stuff in the back yesterday, also new at a great price...ask for Jacob...also George (314 Augusta, in the back alley) has some as well...usually around $10
    This guy sounds like a fencer that deals in stolen bikes.. they're rampant down there. I would not buy a thing from them. JM01, I had a Specialized Stumpjumper Pro stolen a few months ago and I wonder if it ended up at one of those shops somehow.. that XTR could be mine.. do you know of any other small, out-of-the-way shops in that area that I might want to investigate?

mtbr member
    Rough luck with the theft - but George on Agusta has old school junk and wouldn`t end up with your ride. Although he does have good prices on most items if you can find what you want.

PedalOctaneManager... ebay or pinkbike.com for sure.

banned
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fastwheniwanttobe
    This guy sounds like a fencer that deals in stolen bikes.. they're rampant down there. I would not buy a thing from them. JM01, I had a Specialized Stumpjumper Pro stolen a few months ago and I wonder if it ended up at one of those shops somehow.. that XTR could be mine.. do you know of any other small, out-of-the-way shops in that area that I might want to investigate?
    No question, Jacob buys anything. Couple of times when i was there, owners identified their bikes in his line-up...however, he has latley tried to become respectable, selling new raleigh and others and now carries Shimano and Sram gear at a good price. Tells me that he gets them from the distributor. Make sure you check out his back room and basement if you are looking for the Pro...he usually lets you go through. Stay away from his used bikes, may burn your fingers

George makes a point of not buying hot bikes or parts and has no time for those that do...most of the couriers fix their bikes here. great place to pick up obscure parts and i have built 3 bikes with his parts...he gets a lot of his stuff from reputable bike shops

The most interesting guy in the area is Igor at Queen & Strachan...used bikes and an attitude

sorry to hear about the Pro, I usually poke around the area and will keep my eyes open.

Apr 2005
    JM01, thanks a lot. Next time i'm down there i'll keep my eyes open and thanks for doing the same.

Go to a reputable shop. This city has enough of them around, to say the least.

Apr 2005
    Just so y'all know, it's a 19" specialized stupmjumper pro hardtail, and it's white. It has a DC shoes sticker tucked sort of out of the way behind the seat tube. And it came with a Thudbuster. I don't have much hope, as it was stolen in November, but keep yer eyes peeled anyways. Thanks.

Alex