Looking for road trip ideas - What are your favourite MTB destination rides?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Looking for road trip ideas - What are your favourite MTB destination rides?

So I just got back from a couple weeks driving across the US to Colorado, Utah and Arizona. Rode a couple days in Moab and a day and a bit in Fruita (shout out to superlightracer - I had never heard about Fruita until his recent trip report and it was great).

I have a cold so am grounded for a few days but I have a week to play around with so I'm planning another shorter road trip.

So far I'm thinking of Allegrippis thanks to blackcanoedogs posts.

Does anyone have any favourite destinations they'd like to share? After Moab I'm really looking forward to smooth fast and flowing singletrack. Maybe a day at a downhill park as well.
    ..now just tinker with our bikes and feed the cats. - oldbear52

mtbr member
    Also considering:

Vallee Bras du Nord but was there last year

Kingdom Trails Burke Vt

Ellicottville NY

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    Also considering:

Vallee Bras du Nord but was there last year

Kingdom Trails Burke Vt

Ellicottville NY
    Just got back from Stowe, VT, where we do an annual fall trip. We typically hit up Kingdom Trails, Millstone, Waterbury/Perry Hill, and Stowe and maybe one other. This year we did Carse Hills, KT, Stowe. Kingdom Trails and Stowe have done a lot of trail maintenance as well as new trails, which are SUPER fun, awesome bench cut! I highly recommend putting it on your hit list!

mtbr member
    You can't go wrong with Vermont as Louda recommended. I was there in July (again) and hit Kingdom, Millstone and Waterbury/Perry Hill. Great riding and lots in a very close proximity.

I also went to Allegrippis this year and if you are looking for smooth, fast and flowy not much will compare to it. You can combine Allegrippis with Ellicotville on the way out or back in. I really like the riding there as well. There is other riding close to Allegrippis (Rothrock/State College), however that is completely opposite to smooth, fast and flowy, however it's still fun stuff.

I've been to Mont St. Anne a couple times in recent years and really enjoy the riding there, but it's getting a lot further.
    Straight outta Rossland

mtbr member
    Thanks for the suggestions, this is all great info, I haven't heard of many of these places.

After abusing myself out west I really just want smooth and fast. I was assuming Allegrippis was best in this regard but am wondering if Kingdom Trails is big enough that I'd find a lot of that there?

Mont Ste Anne - I'll be back there sometime but not for now. My wrist still isn't the same lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    wondering if Kingdom Trails is big enough that I'd find a lot of that there?
    There's a lift accessed park suitable for a trail bike at Kingdom, well maintained AM trails, long epic rides, excellent trail markings, great locals, fantastic dirt, hills just the right size, plenty of difficult trails and an exceptional burrito truck.

Everything you could ever want on a bike is right there.

9 lives
    MSA has always been worth the trip especially in the fall. The colours are so beautiful , love the vibe, hang with the locals and we've always experienced perfect weather for endless days of riding and exploring.

Singlesprocket and I go there for the rad DH (which is such a thrill) however, the last time we went, we explored the enduro trails which were a blast. For our next trip we will be bringing the am bikes to shred dh and enduro.
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

mtbr member
    I've ridden Kingdom Trails and loved it. Definitely xc. It wasn't until afterwards that I learned about Millstone, would like to get there someday.
    I had a friend that went to Highland Mountain Bike Park in New Hampshire and he raved about it. It looks like Highland is not far from Kingdom Trails so perhaps you could hit both.
    I love riding my bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusJuice View Post
    and an exceptional burrito truck.
    K that seals the deal

Quote Originally Posted by cyclelicious View Post
    MSA
    Went last year

Quote Originally Posted by sweetfilly7 View Post
    I've ridden Kingdom Trails and loved it. Definitely xc. It wasn't until afterwards that I learned about Millstone, would like to get there someday.
    I had a friend that went to Highland Mountain Bike Park in New Hampshire and he raved about it. It looks like Highland is not far from Kingdom Trails so perhaps you could hit both.
    Just so hard to decide - Vermont (Kingdom, Millstone, Highland, hopefully Stowe) or Pennsylvania (Allegrippis). Think I'll visit both states.

Thanks all for the help!