Looking for lift to Paris - Ancaster from Toronto- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Looking for lift to Paris - Ancaster from Toronto

Registered for Paris to Ancaster, 1st wave, can't seem to find a way out there. No one in my club seems to have room and my back up plan of taking VIA isn't going to work out since there is no checked baggage on the early trains, so I can't get my bike out there until 4pm.

If anyone has room for me and my bike and wouldn't mind giving me a lift I'd be more than happy to split gas costs and buy you lunch after the race. Since the bus is sold out it needs to be someone who is parking in Paris.

***EDIT*** Got one. Thanks folks.
    Last edited by hidaniel; 04-13-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    If you can't find a lift, I'd seriously check into the GO train. Hamilton buses have bike racks...
    Good luck!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdgirl
    If you can't find a lift, I'd seriously check into the GO train. Hamilton buses have bike racks...
    Good luck!
    GO only goes as far as Hamilton and that unfortunately still leaves me 50 km short of Paris. I don't mind taking GO if I have to for getting back to the city, since Ancaster is close enough to Hamilton, but I don't think I'm in good enough shape to do a 50 km warm-up before the race.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    A number of the GO buses have bike racks too. I know it becomes a pain, but it should be possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    A number of the GO buses have bike racks too. I know it becomes a pain, but it should be possible.
    GO does not go to Brantford. It's either Greyhound, which gets in too late or VIA which doesn't allow bikes on the train and doesn't have a baggage train going out towards Brantford until the late afternoon.

I guess I could get out there Saturday night and rent a room somewhere but that's more than I'm willing to spend on a race at this point.

mtbr member
    what about a cheap rental for a day/weekend? We've gotten rentals for $9.99 per day before

Evil Jr.
    A lot of my friends use Zipcar too. I gather it's pretty reasonable.
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Unfortunately, I haven't held a drivers license in about 10 years. Good idea though, I should look into renewing it if I'm going to be doing these out of town races on a regular basis.

Ms. Monster
    Mar 2007
    Ooh - sorry my suggestions have been no help. I completely gapped on the fact that the race starts in Paris, not in Ancaster. Doh.

The organisers should really have a little forum to arrange stuff like carpooling. I bet there are plenty of people coming in from Toronto.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Ooh - sorry my suggestions have been no help. I completely gapped on the fact that the race starts in Paris, not in Ancaster. Doh.

The organisers should really have a little forum to arrange stuff like carpooling. I bet there are plenty of people coming in from Toronto.
    That's alright, I appreciate your effort in trying to help. I'm totally with you about a carpooling forum. With this many people in the race I'm kind of surprised the organizers didn't set something up.

mtbr member
    PM sent with an option in the event you are struggling for a ride still

Members who have read this thread: 0