Looking for impt parts quickly Conti and Thomson- Mtbr.com

Mar 2008

Looking for impt parts quickly Conti and Thomson

Hey guys, I'm due to run the 8 hour Chico race this weekend as a guy/girl tag team.

I need a couple of key bits quickly - anyone know where to find...

Thompson Elite Stems (I've finally cracked the "face" piece that clamps the bars to the stem.

Continental Cross Country tires - these 1.5" tires are rare, weird but fast - and I love them. Need a pair of kevlar beads for the weekend.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

RK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyguy
    I need a couple of key bits quickly - anyone know where to find...
    Thompson Elite Stems (I've finally cracked the "face" piece that clamps the bars to the stem.
    RK
    Why would you want to pay for the entire stem if it's just the face plate that you need? You can buy these separately from quite a few places online. Not sure if you'd get it by the weekend though... The shipping for 1-2 day delivery will be for sure way more than that faceplate is worth.
    I don't have specific web address, but if you do less than 5 mins of searching you'll find a few places for sure.
    And if you meant locally - yeah, I would think you'd have to buy the whole stem...

Arek

mtbr member
    Cycle Solutions Kingston Road

Tires in stock (64.99), stems as well but not all lengths/rises. Just called Norco and they have faceplates in stock so I could be persuaded to sell you one off of an in stock stem. THey go for about $13.

Andrew

416-691-0019

Members who have read this thread: 0