Looking for a good trails in Newfoundland- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Looking for a good trails in Newfoundland

I am moving to NF (Lewisporte) next week. Wonder if anybody could suggest any good mtb trials. Any group rides I could join?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaryr
    I am moving to NF (Lewisporte) next week. Wonder if anybody could suggest any good mtb trials. Any group rides I could join?
    I have a friend out there who rides. There actually is a good community out there. I'll see if I can dig up some information or get them to post here.

ROtR (Rider On the Rock) No More used to live in Newfoundland and moved to BC. He can probably help you too.

Are you riding this weekend? One last Roy Death March at Mansfield? Is this permanent?
    Last edited by Braids; 09-15-2004 at 11:38 AM. Reason: typo in post

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    I have a friend out there who rides. There actually is a good community out there. I'll see if I can dig up some information or get them to post here.

ROtR (Rider On the Rock) No More used to live in Newfoundland and moved to BC. He can probably help you too.
    ?
    Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Braids
    Are you riding this weekend? One last Roy Death March at Mansfield? Is this permanent?
    I will be riding with Roy, Bruce & Przemek on Sunday (don't know where yet). Hope you will be able to join us. On Saturday I'm running timing for 8hrs race in Albion.

Last Saturday in Mansfield Roy scare s%$#*t out of us, I've never seen him in such bad shape. Well... this is what you have to be prepared to deal with when riding with old man.

May 2004

Trails in NF

Hey there,

I am a Newfie who has been in NB the past 3 years. I didn't ride when I lived back home but have been looking at doing a ride next summer perhaps across the island (900 kms) on the old train tracks which go right across. I've only been riding since May and just passed the 1000 kms mark, so the full island is probably biting off more than I can chew, but it would be a great time!

Your best best is probably ATV trails. There will be lots of them around where ever you go. There most likely won't be any bike clubs around though, nor will you find any decent bike shops in the local area. If you are lucky there will be one in Gander / Grand Falls or Clarenville. Most likely though you will have to head to St. John's for the only real decent bike shop around.

Anyhow, good luck in NF. I miss home like you wouldn't believe, but there aren't any jobs there for me (Software Engineer) that would make it worth leaving what I have here now.