Lookin for good bikin in Nova Scotia- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Lookin for good bikin in Nova Scotia

Hey Guys, My wife and I are taking a road trip to Nova Scotia the end of May. This is going to be a 2 week trip. I'm going to bring my bike and will hopefully get out a few times riding so I don't get car butt (it's a long way from U.P. Michigan) and I'm training to for a couple of local races so I don't come in last place.
    We plan on doing some motels and a little camping. I'm looking for a good trail somewere by Cape Breten Highlands as we will probably camp there a couple of nights. Then we're headed around toward Halifax. I've read in this forum to look up a LBS there to get some local trail info. Are there any trails by the west end and north (Yarmouth area) to top off the trip??

Any info good trails and camping would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Steve

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The wife and I spent a few weeks touring around the East Coast a while back. Spent a night or two in Digby, snall town on the north west coast. We found a great trail atathe very end of Digby neck, one road out, and a ferry or two. Right at the end you will find a light house, park here. The trail starts out as double track, (car path) through the field following the coast suothbound, the trail gradually becomes more techincal, while the view becomes more dramatic. WE stoped for a packed lunch a few miles in, sat on a cliff overlooking the water, while sealions provided entertainment.
    A definate highlight of the trip.

Cheers

Jan 2004

I'm in Australia, but...

I have spent a bit of time in Cape Breton as I married a Caper. I've never had my bike with me though. There must be a bunch of trails around the highlands. There's a shop called Ramsay's in Sydney, (http://www.ramsays-online.com/) that as far as I know is about the only decent MTB shop on the island. Your best bet might be to get in touch with them.

I'm sure there are plenty of MTBers in and around Halifax but I'm even less help than I was with Cape Breton.

Sorry I'm not much help, but there didn't seem to be many locals responding.

Jonathan

Members who have read this thread: 0