Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Leaving for Ontario Friday!

852 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Tango2Echo 
#1 ·
9 or 10 days of trail riding in the Ottawa region. The Wife is from Ontario, and we are bringing the bikes this time.

We will be riding Camp Fortune for sure. Any suggestions for other Cross-country and single track areas? What to bring?

Thank You!

#7 ·
Add Mont Ste Marie to your list. A nice 45-60min drive North of Ottawa and lots of great trails there.

Nice lake to swim in afterwards.

Almonte apparently has a bit and Forest Lea in Pembroke has 31km of singletrack, certainly enough to justify a day trip.

Bring bug spray - although it doesn't seem as bad this year as it has been in the past.

#8 ·
So just a quick update....I have been riding every day here. I did the group ride at SMH last night. Highly technical rocky trails. (Rockhopper and Fast Out) I crashed a few times. Came home muddy, bloody, and bruised. I had an absolute blast! We rode Parc de la Gatineau today. Camp Fortune earlier in the week and probably again tomorrow night. We may do a night ride tonight if it does not rain. We are already planning a return trip and a USA group trip in a few months.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

T2E

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.