last weeks flash thaw- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391

    last weeks flash thaw

    first pic shows how much water is dumped into the river from the thaw. the ice is still
    there but the water is flowing over top of it.



    the second pic shows how the ice is lifted when the water finds a point of entry



    whats cool is when the ice lets go all at once. but that is still few weeks away i think...
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  2. #2
    Steady Creepin'
    Reputation: LuMach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket

    whats cool is when the ice lets go all at once. but that is still few weeks away i think...

    would be pretty wild to catch that on camera, any way to anticipate that?

  3. #3
    humber river advocate
    Reputation: singlesprocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6,391
    you pretty much have to camp out... i would love to audio record the sound of the ice smashing down the river.
    broadcasting from
    "the vinyl basement"

    build trail!

  4. #4
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by singlesprocket
    you pretty much have to camp out... i would love to audio record the sound of the ice smashing down the river.
    Good luck !

  5. #5
    Evil Jr.
    Reputation: garage monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,859
    We were out for an ill-advised ski last Monday and the HCA had been through Spring Creek valley with all kinds of heavy equipment clearing out debris that would have otherwise caused some huge ice dams. Nice to see the proactive approach even if I'm not directly in the flood plane!
    Please enjoy seeing this terrible collection of me - something wonderful is about to happy.

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by garage monster
    We were out for an ill-advised ski last Monday and the HCA had been through Spring Creek valley with all kinds of heavy equipment clearing out debris that would have otherwise caused some huge ice dams. Nice to see the proactive approach even if I'm not directly in the flood plane!
    I see you knew what he was talking about.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.